• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.30 star(s) 121 Votes

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Is it kind of juvenile when a soldier comes back from war with PTSD? Yes? Then you're an asshole and your opinion doesn't matter. No? Then why would an untrained boy scout who dedicated his life and craft to preserving peoples lives suddenly has to use his skills to end someone's not be traumatizing?
Your intimation that a hunter would be immune to PTSD from this, when a soldier isn't is fetishizing the idea of a hunter. It's fetishizing a hunter to be some cold blooded ruthless killer, where as unless you're an obnoxious vegan or something, there's no rational reason to expect one to be.
I will skip your fantasies about soldiers and wars. I will talk about this game universe and context.
The boy scout kills a man without problems in a duel and fucks his girl like a champ after that.
Now he kills a cultist who was harassing his women and he got depression.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I will skip your fantasies about soldiers and wars. I will talk about this game universe and context.
The boy scout kills a man without problems in a duel and fucks his girl like a champ after that.
Now he kills a cultist who was harassing his women and he got depression.
different situations

the duel had both MC and the other guy, conscious about that the duel may kill one of them(also you have the choice to convince the other guy to surrender) basically...they knew the consequences and they were mentally prepared for it

The Inquisitor's death: it's a situation where if he didn't attack, his soon-to-be-wife and her bestfriend would have died

What induces MC into vomiting is the fact that he killed the Inquisitor like he was some sort of dangerous animal...also he killed him from behind. No mental preparation, no other solutions to solve this problem, he was forced...now he just needs to process this whole thing

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
different situations

the duel had both MC and the other guy, conscious about that the duel may kill one of them(also you have the choice to convince the other guy to surrender) basically...they knew the consequences and they were mentally prepared for it

The Inquisitor's death: it's a situation where if he didn't attack, his soon-to-be-wife and her bestfriend would have died

What induces MC into vomiting is the fact that he killed the Inquisitor like he was some sort of dangerous animal...also he killed him from behind. No mental preparation, no other solutions to solve this problem, he was forced...now he just needs to process this whole thing
True, but on the other hand the MC has more reasons to rationalize the death of the Inquisitor than the other one.
Even the AI explains the impending doom if he doesn't act in that moment the way he does.
I think he overreacts a bit but that's my opinion.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
True, but on the other hand the MC has more reasons to rationalize the death of the Inquisitor than the other one.
That's precisely why i said that he needs to process the whole thing, and to process the thing he needs time...also he killed the guy in cold blood...that may affect too

also let's keep in my mind that people are different: what affects you may not affect me and viceversa

Reactions: Mommysbuttslut

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Reason means a lot loess than time with this stuff. I can't remember exactly how long it was but I think the MC had a week to learn swordplay before the duel. That meant he also had a week to rationalize the fact that he was about to kill a man. The inquisitor caught him off guard and gave him no chance to prepare. Not to mention the psychological difference between killing someone in a legally sanctioned duel and killing someone in cold blood. Regardless of how that other dude rationalized it the MC killed that man in furtherance of a previous crime, that'd be called cold blood by just about anyone on that island other than the 3 of them.
Not to mention the man he killed in the duel was an obnoxious NTR villain who wanted to murder him and fuck his woman, someone who the MC already wanted to beat and humiliate. Not some officer of the church that he'd spent his entire life admiring.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Reason means a lot loess than time with this stuff. I can't remember exactly how long it was but I think the MC had a week to learn swordplay before the duel. That meant he also had a week to rationalize the fact that he was about to kill a man. The inquisitor caught him off guard and gave him no chance to prepare. Not to mention the psychological difference between killing someone in a legally sanctioned duel and killing someone in cold blood. Regardless of how that other dude rationalized it the MC killed that man in furtherance of a previous crime, that'd be called cold blood by just about anyone on that island other than the 3 of them.
Not to mention the man he killed in the duel was an obnoxious NTR villain who wanted to murder him and fuck his woman, someone who the MC already wanted to beat and humiliate. Not some officer of the church that he'd spent his entire life admiring.
Killing in cold blood suggests he had another viable choice. He did not. Without the plague he could have chosen to surrender himself and the women to the "mercy" of the government. The plague meant that he couldn't even allow an arrest. As I said earlier, technically murder, but a necessary killing. It would be viewed as cold blood by the islanders because they are unaware of, and unable to accept, the existence and consequences of the plague.

What doesn't fit is that this possible situation wasn't considered before it occurred. Venturing out of isolation for any reason carries the risk of exposing someone, innocent or otherwise, and the only option, other than adding them to the expedition and forcing them to leave the island, is to kill them and burn the body. The explanation as to why Emily stayed in her old house demonstrates that all three were well aware of the risk.

Another aspect is that this ongoing discussion deals with the killing of the inquisitor as the sole responsibility of the MC. It is not. Maria and Emily decided that, rather spending the night in her room, Emily would leave so Maria and the MC could have private time, alone in the house. Had they made a different decision the inquisitor would still be alive. They are equally if not more responsible for the killing of the inquisitor, and both should accept that and share the MC's burden.

Reactions: Ragnar and Aelth

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Another aspect is that this ongoing discussion deals with the killing of the inquisitor as the sole responsibility of the MC. It is not. Maria and Emily decided that, rather spending the night in her room, Emily would leave so Maria and the MC could have private time, alone in the house. Had they made a different decision the inquisitor would still be alive. They are equally if not more responsible for the killing of the inquisitor, and both should accept that and share the MC's burden.
the underlined part implies that they knew about the future tho XD

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
the underlined part implies that they knew about the future tho XD
No. It states that they knew the risk and unwisely took it.

Stay in the house and leave the island as soon as possible is the least risky strategy. Any other choice dramatically increases the risk of releasing the plague on the island. Emily didn't stay at the inn because that was deemed by Maria and Emily as too risky. They decided that she could stay at her old home because no one was there, but ignored the risk should that assumption prove wrong. Which of course it did.

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
Killing in cold blood suggests he had another viable choice. He did not. Without the plague he could have chosen to surrender himself and the women to the "mercy" of the government. The plague meant that he couldn't even allow an arrest. As I said earlier, technically murder, but a necessary killing. It would be viewed as cold blood by the islanders because they are unaware of, and unable to accept, the existence and consequences of the plague.

What doesn't fit is that this possible situation wasn't considered before it occurred. Venturing out of isolation for any reason carries the risk of exposing someone, innocent or otherwise, and the only option, other than adding them to the expedition and forcing them to leave the island, is to kill them and burn the body. The explanation as to why Emily stayed in her old house demonstrates that all three were well aware of the risk.

Something to be explored in Chapter 12, don't worry. :)
Pandaman Games (Asenaris) I am getting this error. Any suggestions/solutions? Thank you.
Weird. I'll check this out when I'm back from vacation.

Belzeebub

Game Developer
May 18, 2020

Weird. I'll check this out when I'm back from vacation.
Thanks. I got it resolved, actually. The problem was not on your file it was in the compression by asenaris. The other compression works fine. But thanks for answering to me even in your vacation. Enjoy your vacation.

Asenaris

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 31, 2018
Thanks. I got it resolved, actually. The problem was not on your file it was in the compression by asenaris. The other compression works fine. But thanks for answering to me even in your vacation. Enjoy your vacation.
Well, if another works, I use it, how to solve my problem out of the blue, there are no ideas yet.

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
[VN] [Ren'Py] Price of Power [Chapter 1-11] [Pandaman Games] [MinQ, MyRepack-YAC]

Original size: 4.37GB
Repack size: 290MB

PC = /

(Asenaris) vs FAPmaster369 for the smallest repack challenge :geek:

Click LIKE (y) if you find my post useful :giggle:

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Update: I also installed it in another folder on the same drive. It appears for some reason that the problem is that there was an "é" in the name of one of my folders (I tested it to make sure. The game in the folder called "Priv" works fine, but the one in "Privé" doesn't launch and gives the error I mentioned). Weird that this was a problem here as I haven't run into anything like this with other Renpy games
IDK, I didn't set any options (not are there any AFAIK) to remove support for characters... I'm on vacation, but I can check and see if there's something in the options when I'm back. Glad you got everything working!
I really do think this has to do with characters in file names somehow being limited to the ANSI set or something, rather than UTF-8. For example, I also previously had my main folder for the game called "Price of Power — Ch11" and I got a similar kind of error and the game wouldn't start. When I replaced the em dash (ASCII code 151) with a hyphen (ASCII code 45) in that name, the game runs fine. So I can play it now, but whenever you're back to working on this again, just an FYI.

BonkTime

Jan 11, 2021
Just wanted to say I'm really enjoying this, the focus on story telling is really enjoyable, I know it wont be for everyone, but I'm legit attached to the characters and world. I do wish it was a little more game, in the Game to VN balance, but I 100% understand why that is.

I look forward to the day I can play through the entirety of the story you have prepared

4.30 star(s) 121 Votes