4.30 star(s) 124 Votes

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
What? :unsure: Never saw that message. Maybe a spam account that got banned, idk?
The mods should let us figure out if they're spamming. Maybe she really needed someone to talk to :cry:

Your talking about the Missile Arrow aren't ya ?? If not share inmedatly that mead i want a few glasses !! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
That's just a regular shot for our MC. Those Murkans were no match for his markmanship, let alone some bigmouthed haters on an internet forum.
Anyway, it's Saturday night so I'm just having some Cuban rum with coke. My pals and I ran out of mead last week; we always need a lot of it before our yearly Dark Souls marathon.

• Red Heart
Reactions: xapican

verizon_vader

Jun 4, 2022
When you get that error about variables being declared twice, try clicking the "RELOAD" button on-screen. That very often clears the error and allows loading. (e.g. The mod I made for another game often does this, but a reload fixes it.)
Ohh I see. When I saw the error I just thought since there were no overwrites after copying the mod files, I would have to extract the archives. I figured the engine initialized both files, one from the mod and one from the compressed archive.

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
If you expect the MC to do no wrong and always solve every problem perfectly (which you shouldn't, especially since you're apparently a LiL fan), then sure, maybe that Gary Stu MC could solve it. However, do you seriously think that the MC in PoP could have come up with exactly the right words/tactics to negotiate with a person/civilization that he has ~0 information about, has more information about his people than he has, has things he wants, wants nothing he has, and actively dislikes his people, all while he has exactly zero experience negotiating anything besides the price of a sack of flour?

Just because the MC does something wrong or, in this case, is a risky gamble doesn't mean "the author messed up". It means you aren't thinking critically about the story or characters and are under a false assumption that the MC is somehow perfect. Spoiler alert: he's not. The MC will make mistakes, will try and fail, and will never be the best at everything. That goes for every character. I firmly believe in making characters realistic, which means that they won't always be right, that they'll make mistakes, and that they may not do the "optimal" thing that we, as a reader, may want them do. It's their failings that make their successes all the better and, frankly, having flaws is how readers/players actually empathize with these characters.
Just to make it clear that is exactly what i was pointing out. MC who has zero negotiation experience goes in and throws out too much information. He made a rookie mistake though he will most likely not be punished for it as The Remnants will be their allies. I actually like that you are making the story more realistic and not a superhuman with an ai who makes no mistake. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses even the AIs. Was never a you fked up dev just watching the story unfold and reacting to it.

Moriawase

Jan 30, 2018
I just love this game!... But it's the third version in a row that simply doesn't launch for me. Checked the hypothetical issues with ANSI but it doesn't seem to be the actual issue. I also tried deleting the persistent data from AppData. There is no error raised, nothing wrong in the log. Anyone having an idea? Thanks!
Running on Windows 11 v22H2 64-bits

Slickjack

May 29, 2020
Okay, so when the game starts and MC goes to the village to purchase some supplies, only to meet the Childhood Friend, MC describes himself as a Journeyman Hunter. Mere days later, that same Childhood Friend describes MC as a Master Hunter - not just a Master Hunter, but the youngest Master Hunter on the Island! When did this promotion take place? Who determined that MC attained a Master level at his trade? Generally speaking, a Master level is conferred by other Masters - so when did the Masters convene to determine that MC was indeed a Master at his trade? How was the determination conveyed to relevant parties, not least of which would be MC learning before the Childhood Friend? Inquiring minds want to know.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Okay, so when the game starts and MC goes to the village to purchase some supplies, only to meet the Childhood Friend, MC describes himself as a Journeyman Hunter. Mere days later, that same Childhood Friend describes MC as a Master Hunter - not just a Master Hunter, but the youngest Master Hunter on the Island! When did this promotion take place? Who determined that MC attained a Master level at his trade? Generally speaking, a Master level is conferred by other Masters - so when did the Masters convene to determine that MC was indeed a Master at his trade? How was the determination conveyed to relevant parties, not least of which would be MC learning before the Childhood Friend? Inquiring minds want to know.
I know what you talking about, I took it like "Maria" in her affection was exagerating (so for her in her love he is the best aka Master Hunter)
as far as I know there was never a Hunter Guild but ok this is a fantasy game so then maybe

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
I mean, he might have described himself as journeyman hunter just because he was being humble, or that childhood friend describes him as master hunter to prop him up.

Triple OG

Aug 28, 2019
Just started playing this and it took me for a surprise the plot is actually pretty good.
And instead of instant sex this one focuses more on slowly building a romantic relationship.
I agree with Legacy's views on many things except for this one major choice in the story.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

xtr3mx7

Feb 10, 2019
Hi
I can't pass through to chap. 15. Whenever, I load my previous save (chap. 14), where MC is having intercourses with Maria, the game still ends there.
What could be wrong?
Thanks

Redownload the package again solved the problem.
Thanks

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I just can't fathom how saving the trees is worth leaving a stockpile of metals undiscovered.
Sure in Legacy's view overproduction in metal could lead to a catastrophic disaster.
Because, the ability to use metal is dependant on wood.
The more metal you have, the more trees you need to melt it down & forge it.
So, if you have no trees, then the metal is worthless (apart from as a trade good), as you can't do anything with it.
All you've done is swap a deficit of metal, for a deficit of wood.
You can live without metal.
Without wood, you have no fire. You can't cook without fire. You catch illness, e.g. hypothermia, without warmth from fire.

Aside from that, having a deficit of trees is far more detrimental to the environment, which is obviously therefore more detrimental to organic life forms.
No more forest = no more animals = more farming required to feed people = more metal required = more wood required - shit, no more forest!
It's a vicious circle of exponential consumption.
Not to mention the fact that they remove carbon dioxide from & produce oxygen for the air we breathe.
I think Legacy's looking at the long-term impact, not just the immediate.
However, if a war breaks out and those metals get into the wrong hands things could end up just as bad.
Didn't Zaya's Mother say to MC about how they don't have the knowledge or skills to do anything decent with metal?
The crafted items that Uncle brought back, e.g. the spears, were incomparably better than anything they could produce.
They also seem to have quite a lot of it, already. The amount they brought to secure passage to the island wasn't small.
It's why they were so willing to trade it, with Uncle, because their smiths and forges are not much good, so the metal has extremely low value - to them.

Things have different value, in different circumstances, dictated by supply & demand.
e.g. If your community has no forge & no smith, the chunks of metal are of limited use, therefore limited value.
Supply is plentiful, demand is limited = value decreases.
Metal had no real value to the Remnants, but people did.
Vice versa for Uncle & Ecclesiarchy, with Exiles, hence trade.

The AI's also told us that there are considerable amounts of metal deposits in the ruins of the cities.
Any group from the Remnants' island could easily already have access to large amounts, so I'm not sure how much threat it getting "into the wrong hands" carries. :unsure:
Particularly not, if they do not have the capability to use it with any proficiency, as per The Remnants.
The Raiders we've met do not seem to have much in the way of intellect, so it seems unlikely they'd be any better at forging, or smithing, than The Remnants are.

Last edited:

areteii

Dec 19, 2021
This is one of those I do follow not for the smut, but for the wholesomeness and story.

T´s rare, but I want to switch between wanks and feels.

• Haha
Reactions: Triple OG

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
If only Masters can appoint Masters, then I have to wonder who appointed the first, when there were none?
Was it a case of self-declared mastery?

Mastery just means that someone has expert level skills, knowledge & ability in a particular subject.
Also that they can creatively apply their knowledge, ability & skills.
They've mastered their craft.
Is there a Hunter's Guild on the island? lol
Is there actually an official title which gets bestowed, if there is no Hunter's Guild?

I wonder if it's not a little subjective, i.e. in the land of the blind men, the one-eyed man is king?
If they follow medieval society then yes, that title would be given by local lord or guild etc... And how first masters became in guilds was basically that members of that profession basically collectively nominated the masters, who had respect for their skill by every other member of the guild. Since there doesn't seem to be any hunters guild in the island, due to there being not that many hunters, i think it's reasonable to say that nobility or church gives that title to those hunters they feel deserve some kind of prestige.

Reactions: whichone
4.30 star(s) 124 Votes