4.30 star(s) 124 Votes

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
View attachment 2742555

Here. Have this map I found a while ago of the Earth with all the ice melted. It probably is based on a height map and doesn't take into account land mass rising when there's no glaciers weighing it down, but it does well enough, especially further away from glaciers.
Yeah, I played with a lot of simulators to figure out this stuff. It's both very cool and a bit terrifying... The only bright side of all this sea level rise is that Florida will finally go away. :p

ilhan82

Oct 20, 2017
Weird, i have this error for the first time. I've downloaded from MEGA.

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 558, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "renpy/common/00steam.rpy", line 682, in script
init -1499 python in achievement:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/00steam.rpy", line 857, in <module>
steam_preinit()
File "renpy/common/00steam.rpy", line 778, in steam_preinit
with open(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(sys.executable), "steam_appid.txt"), "w") as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'D:/\.../Price-Of-Power-Ch-17 (1)\\lib\\py2-windows-x86_64\\steam_appid.txt'

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
Weird, i have this error for the first time. I've downloaded from MEGA.

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 558, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/00steam.rpy", line 857, in <module>
steam_preinit()
File "renpy/common/00steam.rpy", line 778, in steam_preinit
with open(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(sys.executable), "steam_appid.txt"), "w") as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'D:/\.../Price-Of-Power-Ch-17 (1)\\lib\\py2-windows-x86_64\\steam_appid.txt'
It shouldn't even be looking there, though your file path naming is also off... Do you have multiple copies of the game installed or some other unique/weird installation issues? You might just try re-extracting to desktop and running from there to see if it'll launch properly. I haven't heard from anyone else with this issue, so it might just be you...

ilhan82

Oct 20, 2017
I've downloaded the game 2nd time just to be sure, this is why the pathing is like that. I've extracted the file to the desktop but still got the same error. Well, it was looking like a good game but though luck i guess. Thank you for the reply and good luck with your game.

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
I've downloaded the game 2nd time just to be sure, this is why the pathing is like that. I've extracted the file to the desktop but still got the same error. Well, it was looking like a good game but though luck i guess. Thank you for the reply and good luck with your game.
FWIW, the most common reason for this issue is a "non-standard" character in the full file path. It's happened a few times before (not on this build) and the solution was placing the game folder in a file path without non-standard characters. Not sure why Renpy chokes on ñ or ç even when those are common characters, but it's just how it is IG.

jasad

Dec 14, 2021
I went ahead and updated the WT mod to Chapter 17. You probably don't need it, but here it is anyway, enjoy!

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.
Mega
thank you for the mod update :LOL:

Zemax

☠︎︎ The real world is where the monsters are ☠︎︎
Modder
Uploader
Donor
Aug 19, 2022
Man thx for this game

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017
Just to be clear - I don't do DRM. Even if I did want to implement DRM, it's pointless in Renpy. The whole game is written in Python and can be decompiled pretty easily (unless I do some shenanigans to make it slightly harder to decompile), so any modder could probably de-DRM the game in 10-15 minutes.
Steam is, itself, DRM, even if it's a fairly good example of it. The number of people that don't get that is surprising, but considering how thoroughly it's interwoven into PC gaming, it's somewhat understandable, too.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
Steam is, itself, DRM, even if it's a fairly good example of it. The number of people that don't get that is surprising, but considering how thoroughly it's interwoven into PC gaming, it's somewhat understandable, too.
No, Steam has a built in DRM but it's opt in, not automatic. People can download this game from Steam and then immediately throw it in a zip and redistribute it as they please. If Steam DRM or a third party DRM isn't enabled then a game downloaded from Steam is just as redistributable as one from GOG.

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018

Griffihn

Aug 20, 2022
extract to a clean folder in the root of a drive. not desktop, not hidden behind 10+ folders. especially if you're on win 11.

MangoTree

Apr 27, 2017
The changelog mentions an important plot choice in this update, but I didn't get any besides how to attack based on stats. Wondering if I missed something... nice update btw.

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017
No, Steam has a built in DRM but it's opt in, not automatic. People can download this game from Steam and then immediately throw it in a zip and redistribute it as they please. If Steam DRM or a third party DRM isn't enabled then a game downloaded from Steam is just as redistributable as one from GOG.
1688486888394.png
And:

"Q. Do I need to apply DRM to my exe every time I make a new build?
A.
Yes, each build you intend to publish needs to be wrapped with the Steam wrapper. Try automating it using the Automated Steam Wrapper process documented above."

If you can show something that contradicts, please by all means do so. But it was always my understanding that it was not optional, only the method you go about applying it is optional.

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes