4.30 star(s) 121 Votes

ambitious1234

Feb 10, 2018
When I first saw the name of this VN I thought this was a full blown NTR game about female MC gaining power in the middle Ages.

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
No planned incest content in the game, but I guess people can make an unofficial patch and try to make the game make sense with that content...I personally don't think it makes sense and hope people would enjoy the game without that kink, but oh well.
Are you challenging the community? That's what it looks like. when I hear "I personally don't think it makes sense"
I'm downloading your game now to see how they are introduced. :3

praxis2011

Mar 22, 2019
Well now, what do we have here? Finally, a Dev willing to rock the boat a little. This pleases me. It seems that Pandaman has taken the usual shallow demands for fantasy, various worn out kinks and tropes, and given them all the finger. Already I can hear arms flailing about in the water, and that just amuses me even more.

As this is still in early stages of development, I'll be fairly brief and give you time to bring things into focus, but I will say that this one will be staying on my radar. Hell, the very first story board saying "human civilization is a cancer on the world" earned accolades in my book. On first impressions, the artwork is wonderful and carries a nice ambiance for the theme of the story thus far. As you said, it's a slow-burn, but I can understand that, given the character development and the path it's on at the moment. The relationship build between the MC and Maria is rather sweet. Patience is a virtue, and I think this one will be worth the wait.

Aside from obvious placeholders and headers yet to be worked on, there are very few spelling errors in the script thus far as I can tell, but there are grammatical / syntax errors that need to be corrected. Since the game is sort of in draft form, it's understandable, and I'm not going to lash you over it or anything- I'm sure refinement will come. Please do take your time and keep up the good work. You have the modest beginnings of something very interesting here, so don't give in to the demand for rush jobs and impatience of hoi poloi. Tell the story at your own pace. (y)

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
Well now, what do we have here? Finally, a Dev willing to rock the boat a little. This pleases me. It seems that Pandaman has taken the usual shallow demands for fantasy, various worn out kinks and tropes, and given them all the finger. Already I can hear arms flailing about in the water, and that just amuses me even more.

As this is still in early stages of development, I'll be fairly brief and give you time to bring things into focus, but I will say that this one will be staying on my radar. Hell, the very first story board saying "human civilization is a cancer on the world" earned accolades in my book. On first impressions, the artwork is wonderful and carries a nice ambiance for the theme of the story thus far. As you said, it's a slow-burn, but I can understand that, given the character development and the path it's on at the moment. The relationship build between the MC and Maria is rather sweet. Patience is a virtue, and I think this one will be worth the wait.

Aside from obvious placeholders and headers yet to be worked on, there are very few spelling errors in the script thus far as I can tell, but there are grammatical / syntax errors that need to be corrected. Since the game is sort of in draft form, it's understandable, and I'm not going to lash you over it or anything- I'm sure refinement will come. Please do take your time and keep up the good work. You have the modest beginnings of something very interesting here, so don't give in to the demand for rush jobs and impatience of hoi poloi. Tell the story at your own pace. (y)
Join my server and you can tell me all the places where I messed up the grammar and spelling - happy to fix when I know what's wrong. :)

Reactions: F1_V10

praxis2011

Mar 22, 2019
Join my server and you can tell me all the places where I messed up the grammar and spelling - happy to fix when I know what's wrong. :)
No problem. I don't mess around with discord, but when I have a little more time, I'll proofread the game and make a complete list of corrections for you here. Judging by what I saw, the list will be rather small.

Cernunnos.

May 27, 2017
I have a feeling that Jacob may not retain his sanity during the expedition. That scene was fantastic, particularly the cutting of eyes back and forth. :ROFLMAO:

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
I don't think you know what that word means
Uh...you ever seen how people on F95 fawn over Incest games and their devs, and shower them with money no matter the quality level? How often they make a point of popping into the rare gem games that dare NOT have incest in 'em and make some "ooo...if only there had been incest" comment?

Have you noticed how many devs shoehorn at least one incest character into their game no matter how little sense it makes cuz they know they won't get subs without it? How is that any different from some e-thot who makes sure the camera's always angled down her cleavage?

Naw dude. I'm using it accurately.

Last edited:

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Uh...you ever seen how people on F95 fawn over Incest games and their devs, and shower them with money no matter the quality level? How often they make a point of popping into the rare gem games that dare NOT have incest in 'em and make some "ooo...if only there had been incest" comment?

How many devs shoehorn at least one incest character into their game cuz I know they won't get subs without it? How is that any different from some e-thot who makes sure the camera's always angled down her cleavage?

Naw dude. I'm using it accurately.
Oh noes people like incest and dare to pay good money for it.....how dare they.....
..let's get the fuck back on-topic....

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
I'm just gonna keep this short and sweet, just keep doing what you have been doing up till now. The story is beautiful and easy to make readers happy which i guess is the goal here a feel good story. The romance is flawless.

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
[...] And one minor gripe was that while your character's jokes were actually pretty funny (I actually guffawed at '... The Elder!'), Maria occasionally make a quip and it's... It's just never funny. Don't get me wrong, not everyone is a comedian, and you don't need to be funny to have a laugh together, but within the context of a VN it just felt like she's just a cardboard cut-out to make you feel good. Only in those moments, mind you, otherwise everything felt very believable with her.
[...] Lastly, I tried to make Maria's jokes feel a bit forced - see Chapter 2 when it comes out and you'll get some more backstory and character dev. I promise it's intentional. :)
You son of a gun, you pulled it off! I'll happily admit I was skeptical, but like I said in that same comment from before, there's a lot you're doing right here so I waited with my fingers crossed, and you did not disappoint.

The romance itself is a bit saccharine for my tastes, but overall I really enjoy it, really wholesome and just a good time. Nice work, I can't wait for more.

Jul 11, 2018
Decided to do a mod for this one.

Edit: Updated to Ch. 2

You can find this and all my other content here:

Or you can:
As someone who's borderline illiterate when it comes to installing patches, where exactly am I supposed to extract this, and how do I know it's working?

Reactions: EPCOT

EPCOT

Jun 11, 2018
As someone who's borderline illiterate when it comes to installing patches, where exactly am I supposed to extract this, and how do I know it's working?
I just put the ch1.rpy, ch2.rpy, and script.rpy files in every folder that has files of the same type. Lazy way of doing it when you just aren't sure. Might not work immediately, but you should start seeing green text options. Click those for the correct response.

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019
I updated the mod post, sorry forgot to add that bit.

4.30 star(s) 121 Votes