4.30 star(s) 121 Votes

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
Glad you liked it! You'll get a lot more content with it as the game progresses - it has its own character arc and everything. It'll be dope IMO. :D
And I had such high hopes for this one.

A narrator can have it's place, IF it's used during the intro and helps to fill in backstory, but not after.

It sounds like you've got a great story planned, and your graphics are outstanding, but breaking the fourth wall just breaks the entire thing for me. I don't have a clue why so many devs think it's such a great idea. To me, it's an interruption - kind of like have Jehovah's Witnesses come to your door while you're into a good book. To do that on purpose just earns a shift-delete from me.

This will probably start a shit storm from all the fanbois, but that is my opinion.

I hope you do well, but it's just not for me.

Last edited:

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Very immersive game, love the relationship between MC and Maria, eager to see how the adventure plays out.

Only problems for me at the moment: (1) So far, the choices have been sparse. It seems restricted to important choices at the moment (stat allocation, rules of engagement), would be nice to have a couple of less important dialog choices just to get us more used to direct player interaction. Also, asking players to allocate stats with zero knowledge of how they'll affect progression is a game design no-no. (2) The benign narrative entity parts feel a little intrusive at the moment. The language and tone is so different that the flow suffers a bit. Maybe if there were some visual effects (blur, soft focus, smoky overlays) while they were taking place, it'd help the surreal out-of-body feeling, and set distinct tones for different deliveries.

Spiderfox

Nov 28, 2018

A narrator can have it's place, IF it's used during the intro and helps to fill in backstory, but not after.

It sounds like you've got a great story planned, and your graphics are outstanding, but breaking the fourth wall just breaks the entire thing for me. I don't have a clue why so many devs think it's such a great idea. To me, it's an interruption - kind of like have Jehovah's Witnesses come to your door while you're into a good book. To do that on purpose just earns a shift-delete from me.

This will probably start a shit storm from all the fanbois, but that is my opinion.

If it's not for you then it isn't for you, however, I don't think it's a narrator in the traditional sense, I think's it's a character in the game, like an AI left over from before whatever destroyed the world.

It doesn't bother me...yet.

Reactions: travin213

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
Very immersive game, love the relationship between MC and Maria, eager to see how the adventure plays out.

Only problems for me at the moment: (1) So far, the choices have been sparse. It seems restricted to important choices at the moment (stat allocation, rules of engagement), would be nice to have a couple of less important dialog choices just to get us more used to direct player interaction. Also, asking players to allocate stats with zero knowledge of how they'll affect progression is a game design no-no. (2) The benign narrative entity parts feel a little intrusive at the moment. The language and tone is so different that the flow suffers a bit. Maybe if there were some visual effects (blur, soft focus, smoky overlays) while they were taking place, it'd help the surreal out-of-body feeling, and set distinct tones for different deliveries.
The stats just affect flavor narration text, at least so far, and I do think Dev had said that somewhere. Not sure if it was in game, on the OP or in a comment here.

Reactions: SecretSal
D

Deleted member 3027200

I like the "Never happening and don't bother to ask" tag ;)

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Wow! I just loved this game! I really don't care if there isn't any lewd content or sex scenes every update or every 2-3 minutes. I really enjoyed the story and Maria is so beautiful and her personality is great! Looking foward to see where this is going on! Great job, Pandaman Games

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018

FWIW, there's a dev note before stats choices saying that they're flavor only.

Both the sparseness of choices and intrusiveness of the benign narrative entity are very much intentional decisions RN. If you're feeling like you don't have a lot of control and that this weird thing is fucking with you, then that's exactly what should be happening. :)

Chapters 4-5 really start to explain exactly what's happening with regards to the entity and the plot as a whole. No obligation to play them, of course, but I think it'll all come together pretty nicely by the end of Chapter 5 and (hopefully) people will go "ohhhhh that all makes sense".

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018

Sorry it's not for you! I'd like to ask you to come back and play through Chapter 5 when it's released and give it one more try if you can, since that's when you'll really start to understand the benign narrative entity and the decisions I've made up to that point with it. Everything I've done there is a very intentional decision, I promise.

Reactions: underoath27

bigguy_foryou

Jun 8, 2018
Fuck these renders are gorgeous. I'm going to put off playing it for quite a few more releases, but I can tell it'll be worth it. I find if I play a really good game while it's incomplete I get far less immersed/interested in it each update because I'm not sucked into the moment and the magic fades.
The planned and never happening tags are just perfect, with one exception, is the harem/group content optional? This seems like quite a romantic game (and is tagged as such) and it seems out of place, I hope it's not going to have a forced harem ending.

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
great update again(y)(y) im just really in love with Maria:love: i think the connection between the MC and Maria is a perfect mix of love, respect and banter, the story is really starting to pick up now with the introduction of a very handsome monster:ROFLMAO: and i cant wait for more:D

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
Fuck these renders are gorgeous. I'm going to put off playing it for quite a few more releases, but I can tell it'll be worth it. I find if I play a really good game while it's incomplete I get far less immersed/interested in it each update because I'm not sucked into the moment and the magic fades.
The planned and never happening tags are just perfect, with one exception, is the harem/group content optional? This seems like quite a romantic game (and is tagged as such) and it seems out of place, I hope it's not going to have a forced harem ending.
Befriending all the girls is mandatory, but the harem is optional. It'll either be a close-knit group of good friends with you and Maria together, or all of you together.

Reactions: bigguy_foryou

truien

Mar 17, 2020
Wholesome? Since when did the Dalai Lama start producing visual novels? C’mon man, we tryin to read some smut! Lol!

Amazing renders though. I’ll be keeping an eye on this. First sign of a nude scene and I’ma download it for sure.

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
Wholesome? Since when did the Dalai Lama start producing visual novels? C’mon man, we tryin to read some smut! Lol!

Amazing renders though. I’ll be keeping an eye on this. First sign of a nude scene and I’ma download it for sure.
Sounds like you'll be waiting until Chapter 4, then...

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
Good game.
Characters and dialogue at the highest level.
During the game, it feels like I'm reading a book.
Very intrigued by the plot. I definitely look forward to continuing.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
FWIW, there's a dev note before stats choices saying that they're flavor only.
Ahh ok, my bad for missing that. Interesting decision, taking a dyed-in-the-wool gameplay feature and switching it around to make it flavour-only. But it could be a good bonus if there's no real combat mechanics.

Both the sparseness of choices and intrusiveness of the benign narrative entity are very much intentional decisions RN. If you're feeling like you don't have a lot of control and that this weird thing is fucking with you, then that's exactly what should be happening. :)
Gotcha. As mentioned, some visual cues to enhance the fuckery could go a long way to distinguish it from regular 'breaking the 4th wall' style dev commentary. Anyway, just my suggestion for additional flavour. Sounds like you have a good handle on what you want to do, so I shall leave you to it. Godspeed and good luck.

twiztid

Oct 21, 2020
I love the dialog, and the slow buildup in the relationship, really glad this is not a fuck them all game.

Reactions: m4pII

Spiderfox

Nov 28, 2018
I love the dialog, and the slow buildup in the relationship, really glad this is not a fuck them all game.
and I'm very glad that I'll have that option anyway. Looks like I'll be playing it twice, once for the straight romance and once for the debauchery.

4.30 star(s) 121 Votes