4.30 star(s) 123 Votes

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
I saved at the screen with discord logo in chapter 21, but now in chapter 22 it stays on the same screen (although it says end of ch22) and i can't rollback. Same with autosaves on that screen.
I fixed it by loading earlier save ch20 or something and then skipping, but it is kind of anoying because same thing happens always i think (last time from ch20->21 same thing happened)
Not sure if bug or something with my saves, but just an fyi Pandaman Games
The game auto saves at the end of each chapter at exactly the right place, so if you just use the auto save, you'll be fine. :)

striker.js

Jan 13, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, I didn't come here to crap on the hard work and passion of the dev, I just wanted to provide some unsolicited but free constructive feedback with no expectations (take it or leave it of course). A bit more excitement/adventure/thrills and a bit less lecturing/minutiae/routine could go a long way. A sense of wonder, exploring/discovering new things, a sudden encounter, striving and exertion, excitement and intensity, etc. I do realize that is far easier said than done. :LOL:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
You have some money you could be making on Steam, but you're also leaving it here for free?
Considering this is a piracy site, if the dev didn't drop it then someone else would.

Least this way the dev stays in control.

Shit, some of us still end up buying these things on Steam anyway. Mainly I like to keep all my games in one place so would prefer them all to be on Steam but it is what it is.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Considering this is a piracy site, if the dev didn't drop it then someone else would.

Shit, some of us still end up buying these things on Steam anyway. Mainly I like to keep all my games in one place so would prefer them all to be on Steam but it is what it is.
while I agree in principle on the steam stuff, I don't buy those games that go with the season type of model where you have to purchase each season individually. By that time it's out I've already played it anyway and I don't particularly like the business model. If it's a one-time purchase like this game where you'll get all future updates for free, then it's a no-brainer.

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023

I have a growing library of VNs on Steam. If its good enough I want to replay it, then its worth supporting the dev IMO

p1n3@5573

Feb 6, 2023
The game auto saves at the end of each chapter at exactly the right place, so if you just use the auto save, you'll be fine. :)
That is the part that doesn't work. When you load that save, it is at the screen with the discord logo and text "end of chapter 22 etc", but save was from chapter 21, not 22, and the rollback from there also doesn't work
But if no one else has this issue, maybe it something with my saves, i solved it by loading other save from before so its fine

Last edited:

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
You have some money you could be making on Steam, but you're also leaving it here for free?
I did make the OP for the game a while ago, when the game was free. I don't (and have never) controlled the links, though. The game generally gets leaked about 3 days after release, and I just go with it. I can either go crazy trying to stop piracy and piss a lot of people off in the process, or just accept the reality of the situation and engage with the community as much as I can, hoping that people will try and then buy on Steam or Itch, or maybe even sub on Patreon. :)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's a fair concern and one I've heard a few times now. I have a whole scene in Chapter 23 planned for following up after the two scenes, but that's obviously not out yet. Once it is, I think it'll make a lot more sense and you'll see the logic behind why I did what I did. For now, though, it's a very fair point and if that was all I was planning for that scene, I would completely agree. :)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I have a growing library of VNs on Steam. If its good enough I want to replay it, then its worth supporting the dev IMO
Same.

Started off I bought a couple of RPGM games I enjoyed but once I started seeing VN's popping up i'd played I bought them too.

Only time I really notice how much I spend on those is when the dev has multiple games and a small block in my Steam library is just one dev.

Other side of that is i'm not really a fan of monthly payments for things so a one of payment to Steam is ideal.

NeoEros

Feb 23, 2022
while I agree in principle on the steam stuff, I don't buy those games that go with the season type of model where you have to purchase each season individually. By that time it's out I've already played it anyway and I don't particularly like the business model. If it's a one-time purchase like this game where you'll get all future updates for free, then it's a no-brainer.
Totally agree. For instance, I bought and played the first two seasons of BADIK before discovering F95 and realizing an Interlude episode had already been developed. If I still stick until DPC finishes the whole season 3 and puts it on Steam, I will have to wait for at least another 4 years AND for another purchase which is insane. I very much prefer a one-time purchase with subsequent free updates.

Reactions: Elduriel

Ashira13

Jan 31, 2024
Totally agree. For instance, I bought and played the first two seasons of BADIK before discovering F95 and realizing an Interlude episode had already been developed. If I still stick until DPC finishes the whole season 3 and puts it on Steam, I will have to wait for at least another 4 years AND for another purchase which is insane. I very much prefer a one-time purchase with subsequent free updates.
early access on steam is one option, but that doesn't help developers that rely on monthly donations. most will have to have a day-job, and that does not leave much time for development or real life commitments... personally wish i could help more developers that creates good content.

Pandaman Games

Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018
early access on steam is one option, but that doesn't help developers that rely on monthly donations. most will have to have a day-job, and that does not leave much time for development or real life commitments... personally wish i could help more developers that creates good content.
Yeah, PoP would need to make close to 10x as much as it does for me to leave my day job. So...I definitely still have a day job and make the game after work every day. :LOL:

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
I like the overall story, but the sex scenes really let this VN down. They tend to be incredibly short and lack any real substance/sexiness.

Also, the dialogue where he's freaking out about children felt entirely excessive. A few lines that trail off, then an "X minutes later" cut that leads into a couple more lines to show that he's still lost in his thoughts on the matter would deliver the same impression/impact without the verbosity.

SEGPStudio

Game Developer
Jun 5, 2024
I think that game is good. But it takes so long for any relationships besides the main girl to develop. Why do they even exist?

4.30 star(s) 123 Votes