4.30 star(s) 123 Votes

tangre

Jun 13, 2017
There needs to be separate pregnancy tags. There needs to be one for "endgame pregnancy" and one for "pregnancy planned" Nothing where there isn't visible pregnancy should ever be getting tagged with pregnancy.

preglovr12

Salt is a Way of Life
May 1, 2018
There needs to be separate pregnancy tags. There needs to be one for "endgame pregnancy" and one for "pregnancy planned" Nothing where there isn't visible pregnancy should ever be getting tagged with pregnancy.
Soon tm

Reactions: DarhkBlu

Estius

Mar 16, 2023
So... I take it you're not going for the throuple/harem path? :unsure:
Due to her alone, hell no. For one she's a herbalist and familiar with sicknesses apparently, so there's no way she didn't know that the infertility plague wasn't contageous considering she was also living with the remnants for awhile and they knew a lot of details about it. How it spread, how much time they had till it arrived, etc., yet, she kept it quiet until she got to the island knowing full well it was a risk to the islanders. That fact alone makes her pretty dispicable. Knowingly infecting people is actually a crime. Don't even get me started on her "it makes me uncomfortable with you 2 being affectionate" manipulative BS...

They story itself is freaking awesome though, she just kind of ruins parts of it for me.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Due to her alone, hell no. For one there's no way she didn't know that the infertility plague wasn't contageous considering she was living with the remnants for awhile and they knew a lot of details about it. How it spread, how much time they had till it arrived, etc., yet, she quept it quiet until she got to the island knowing full well it was a risk to the islanders. That fact alone makes her pretty dispicable. Knowingly infecting people is actually a crime. Don't even get me started on her "it makes me uncomfortable with you 2 being affectionate" manipulative BS...
Okay, considering when she arrived, that's a big assumption.

They'd been living with the "curse" for over a decade when she arrived. It was a fact of life, not an emerging problem. She was -- to them -- probably a dead-person walking. Why bother telling her about something that was irrelevant to her situation. So the chance of her not knowing it even existed is reasonable, even if surprising.

Of course she could have known, which would make her actions questionable, but unless it's revealed later that she did, there's no reason to believe she didn't.

If it turns out she was hiding it later, hopefully that'll allow the MC to adjust his opinion, but everything else about this game says that's not the type of story Pandaman is telling, so at this point you're just projecting traits onto her that she's not displaying.

EDIT: About the only thing that makes her even slightly creepy is the reveal that she had a thing for the MC before she was excommunicated and she didn't reveal it ... when he appeared as her savior with the apparent love of his life. As for the being uncomfortable with these new friends being intimate with each other in your presence ... yea, that doesn't make any sense at all...

Pandaman Games

Developer of Price of Power
Game Developer
Mar 10, 2018

They'd been living with the "curse" for over a decade when she arrived. It was a fact of life, not an emerging problem. She was -- to them -- probably a dead-person walking. Why bother telling her about something that was irrelevant to her situation. So the chance of her not knowing it even existed is reasonable, even if surprising.

Of course she could have known, which would make her actions questionable, but unless it's revealed later that she did, there's no reason to believe she didn't.

If it turns out she was hiding it later, hopefully that'll allow the MC to adjust his opinion, but everything else about this game says that's not the type of story Pandaman is telling, so at this point you're just projecting traits onto her that she's not displaying.

EDIT: About the only thing that makes her even slightly creepy is the reveal that she had a thing for the MC before she was excommunicated and she didn't reveal it ... when he appeared as her savior with the apparent love of his life. As for the being uncomfortable with these new friends being intimate with each other in your presence ... yea, that doesn't make any sense at all...
The MC did court Emilia briefly before she was exiled, but it didn't work out. Emilia wanted it to, as we find out later, but MC was still hung up on Maria.

Estius

Mar 16, 2023

So you're telling me that in a village of women, the fact they are unable to have children isn't going to be mentioned... I'd say that would be highly unlikely.

• Thinking Face

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
The MC did court Emilia briefly before she was exiled, but it didn't work out. Emilia wanted it to, as we find out later, but MC was still hung up on Maria.
I did forget that part ... although I don't think that invalidates the point I was trying to make.
So you're telling me that in a village of women, the fact they are unable to have children isn't going to be mentioned... I'd say that would be highly unlikely.
I agree that under normal circumstances it would be something that might eventually come up, but there's nothing normal about the circumstances when she's there and she doesn't know to ask the right questions, so why would it?

Estius

Mar 16, 2023
I did forget that part ... although I don't think that invalidates the point I was trying to make.

I agree that under normal circumstances it would be something that might eventually come up, but there's nothing normal about the circumstances when she's there and she doesn't know to ask the right questions, so why would it?
Well, because she's a herbalist and was apparently useful to that tribe as one - she mentions this during the ambush of the 3 men as to why she can't fight. As a herbalist she's familiar with some sicknesses and even child birth, so it certainly would have been mentioned at some point if we're looking at it realistically. The least she could have done was warn Maria when they meet because she definitely knew she was sick at that point, but she doesn't even do that.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Well, because she's a herbalist and was apparently useful to that tribe as one - she mentions this during the ambush of he 3 men as to why she can't fight. As a herbalist she's familiar with some sicknesses and even child birth, so it certainly would have been mentioned at some point if we're looking at it realistically. The least she could have done was warn Maria when they meet because she definitely knew she was sick at that point, but she doesn't even do that.
Okay, the only flaw I can see in this whole narrative, which would be the only thing that supports your theory any more than we've already gone back and forth about, is if the women were no longer having periods. But I don't remember there being any symptoms other than no-one getting pregnant and people already pregnant losing their babies and/or dying, which would imply something about the disease creates fake periods to hide itself. Since it's a sci-fi bioengineered disease, that's as likely as anything.

So again, with no men in the village, and women being kidnapped, not raped and left behind, and the mutants being the biggest problem, unless Emilia stopped having periods and asked someone about it, I don't see a reason they wouldn't have left her in the dark about the disease, since it wasn't fatal unless you were pregnant when you got it, and that wasn't something that was ever going to happen in their current (and long accepted) circumstances.

Anyway, I can see neither of us are going to budge from our point of view. If I'm wrong, it won't be the first time I was fooled by a character I liked. And if I'm right, I will probably very much enjoy the end-game.

Estius

Mar 16, 2023
Anyway, I can see neither of us are going to budge from our point of view. If I'm wrong, it won't be the first time I was fooled by a character I liked. And if I'm right, I will probably very much enjoy the end-game.
Yeah, for me she's just a big plot hole. I do think the story is awesome though and it's fun to talk about :D

Reactions: Elhemeer

SecretDesire

May 15, 2019
Hey , i just downloaded this game like 10 min. ago but i got error when i try to open the game

traceback :
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00steam.rpy", line 712, in script
init -1499 python in achievement:
File "renpy/common/00steam.rpy", line 896, in <module>
steam_preinit()
File "renpy/common/00steam.rpy", line 808, in steam_preinit
with open(steam_appid_fn, "w") as f:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:/Users/-/Downloads/New File\udcf6r\\lib\\py2-windows-x86_64\\steam_appid.txt'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 823, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 1178, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
steam_preinit()
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:/Users/-/Downloads/New File\udcf6r\\lib\\py2-windows-x86_64\\steam_appid.txt'

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.7.2.24052903+nightly
The Price of Power Chapter 22: Right Place, Right Time
Thu Jun 6 14:34:26 2024

Reactions: FatGiant

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Hey , i just downloaded this game like 10 min. ago but i got error when i try to open the game

traceback :

While running game code:
steam_preinit()

Full traceback:
steam_preinit()

Hit the Reload button.

Peace :)

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017

traceback :

While running game code:
steam_preinit()

Full traceback:
steam_preinit()

Try copying/moving the game's folder (as in, the one including lib, game, the executables etc) to another location and running Price-Of-Power.exe there.

4.30 star(s) 123 Votes