4.40 star(s) 5 Votes

Viixby

Dec 19, 2019
It's like having a fake product affecting the image of the real one.
The argument that mobile VR is like a "fake product" that negatively affects the image of "real" VR is based on a flawed understanding of the VR industry. Mobile VR is a legitimate and valuable segment of the VR market that has helped to increase awareness and demand for VR as a whole. While mobile VR may not offer the same level of immersion as high-end VR systems, it still provides a meaningful and accessible entry point to VR for millions of people worldwide. Dismissing mobile VR as a "fake product" not only ignores the significant contributions it has made to the VR industry but also risks alienating a large and growing segment of the VR user base. Instead of devaluing mobile VR, the industry should embrace it as an important part of the broader VR ecosystem and work to improve and expand its capabilities alongside more advanced VR systems.

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
The argument that mobile VR is like a "fake product" that negatively affects the image of "real" VR is based on a flawed understanding of the VR industry.
In my opionion, the argument that it doesn't affect it is the one based on the flawed understanding. And stop using chatGPT to argue with me

Viixby

Dec 19, 2019
I argue better than "chatGPT"
It's based on flawed and outdated information trained from uncredible sources. I participated in a highschool debate club, as well as participating in college debate circuits. My manner of argument is likely to be similar to something like an AI where its goal is to be formal, blunt, precise, and unbiased.
Regardless of an argument against you being from chatGPT, Jarvis from Iron Man, or me, does not change the fact of the matter in any way. Let us remember you were the one that replied to my reply not directed at you in any way shape or form, however you felt the need to share your opinion. I then countered it in a reasonable manner. The reason I'm so informed on this topic is because I study the market of VR. I happen to be heavily involved in VR as a whole since it first came to be. It's just a quirky hobby of mine.

Appreciate the compliments though. :sneaky:

Viixby

Dec 19, 2019
On a more relevant to this thread note.
I noticed the activity of the developer both on patreon and twitter, coming to a halt again.
Whereas before I claimed he was still working on something or another, which there was shared progress of on their Twitter.
It seems they truly have gone dormant as of now. Unless anyone else has heard anything, please let me know.

Viixby

Dec 19, 2019
tbh, reading your "debate" just sounded like you added unnecessary fluff to your sentences, not to say you should dumb down your manner of speaking, but keeping it simple is usually the best way to go, I feel like you reiterated the same sentence multiple times instead of just typing it once as a way to enlarge your argument, aka retyping "mobile vr" 5 times when you don't need to.
That was ages ago however, to clarify, they teach you to make it very clear which point or topic you are arguing about in a written statement in debate club. Otherwise, your argument can be taken out of context, and you don't have time in debate club to correct it. You say it and you're done.
Edit: 2 months ago, by the way...

Viixby

Dec 19, 2019
Yes, despite the dev releasing some good content here and there, supporting them is scary because they don't feel attached to anything they create and will suddenly drop a project, because they find some new ideas or techniques that sound more fun to work on.
While I won't deny I'm sure the dev has learned a lot and come a long way... every time they learn something they want to make it a whole new game instead of upgrading one game that people have already supported and put money into via patreon. Which to me is quite shitty but it's whatever. However, like you said they deleted content about their old games which scares me, it makes it seem like they're trying to lure new supporters for the new game and hide the fact that they frequently drop production on games. We see this a lot with patreon devs, but this one seems to be getting pretty bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: burryniceuser

DarkFernando

Jul 18, 2020
Does anyone knows about an decent VR display that support most of things and doesn´t cost like a second hand car? It´s for a friend..

Viixby

Dec 19, 2019
Does anyone knows about an decent VR display that support most of things and doesn´t cost like a second hand car? It´s for a friend..
VR Market and VR Tech enthusiast here.
3 Best options with very little competition in terms of value and quality/specifications.

(In order from lowest specs to best specs. Though keep in mind, regardless, these headsets out compete 90% of the VR market for a reason. The Quest 2 being the most used VR headset of all time and currently).
Quest 2: 199$ (Best specifications for the price by a large margin).
Pico 4: ~450$ (Losing out on bang for buck and popularity).
Quest 3: ~500$ (A rather unimpressive upgrade despite the price increase).
Valve Index: 1000$ (Very expensive and lacking in resolution for the price).

The Quest 2, Pico 4, and Quest 3 all have batteries and can be used wirelessly, however their flaw is that even when plugged in they die during use, it only extends the life which is already quite short for a VR enthusiast. Playing around the batterys' lifespan will be part of daily use with these.

The Valve Index requires a PC to run, however will be playable infinitely and never die.

As always do your own research on each one before deciding, maybe one will suit your budget and needs more than another that someone else may prefer.

Reactions: ScientistPanda

DarkFernando

Jul 18, 2020
VR Market and VR Tech enthusiast here.
3 Best options with very little competition in terms of value and quality/specifications.

(In order from lowest specs to best specs. Though keep in mind, regardless, these headsets out compete 90% of the VR market for a reason. The Quest 2 being the most used VR headset of all time and currently).
Quest 2: 199$ (Best specifications for the price by a large margin).
Pico 4: ~450$ (Losing out on bang for buck and popularity).
Quest 3: ~500$ (A rather unimpressive upgrade despite the price increase).
Valve Index: 1000$ (Very expensive and lacking in resolution for the price).

The Quest 2, Pico 4, and Quest 3 all have batteries and can be used wirelessly, however their flaw is that even when plugged in they die during use, it only extends the life which is already quite short for a VR enthusiast. Playing around the batterys' lifespan will be part of daily use with these.

The Valve Index requires a PC to run, however will be playable infinitely and never die.

As always do your own research on each one before deciding, maybe one will suit your budget and needs more than another that someone else may prefer.
Im specially looking for info about cheapest ones ( rare ), with decent quality and funtionality, i was checking the most popular medium quality and minimum is 300 for a Quest or Pico, i dont even know if i will like to use it too much so i dont want to spend that much on my first one..

So even knowing can be no so soft quality... i also dont want to spend more than 100 or 150 honestly..

I have seen some for that price ( HTC for example ) and also the Quest 2 that u mention if i wait a little longer could be on range but i would rather no spend even 200.. just in case i use it 3 times and keep it forever in the dark.. :KEK:

EDIT: I want them for the PC

Viixby

Dec 19, 2019
Im specially looking for info about cheapest ones ( rare ), with decent quality and funtionality, i was checking the most popular medium quality and minimum is 300 for a Quest or Pico, i dont even know if i will like to use it too much so i dont want to spend that much on my first one..

So even knowing can be no so soft quality... i also dont want to spend more than 100 or 150 honestly..

I have seen some for that price ( HTC for example ) and also the Quest 2 that u mention if i wait a little longer could be on range but i would rather no spend even 200.. just in case i use it 3 times and keep it forever in the dark.. :KEK:

EDIT: I want them for the PC
The Quest 2 can connect to the PC the same as the other headsets I mentioned, this extends their battery life and uses the PC as the system and only uses the VR Headset as the display. So it works just like an PCVR headset. (You'll have to download Oculus App on Desktop and set the headset up through there to use it on your PC. It guides you through it all).
This will extend the battery life, but they charge slower than they use the power so it will still slowly drain. from 2-4 hours battery to 4-7 when connected to a PC.

The Quest 2 sounds like your best choice (200$ on Amazon in the US), there isn't a VR headset that is cheaper as a useable gaming VR. If you want cheaper, you're looking at pre-owned VERY OLD Ebay headsets. Like the original Oculus Rift CV1 or Oculus Rift S. [100-150$] (They have lower specs by quite a bit, but are totally usable, they happen to be what started the VR gaming trend. Just keep in mind, when a part goes bad or breaks on one of these, it may be harder to find a replacement.
However:
You'll be using very outdated hardware that is the opposite of bang for buck. It's just an option I thought I'd mention.

• Red Heart
Reactions: DarkFernando

kraoro

Jul 9, 2017
Bang for the buck is still the Quest 2. It's cheap enough that it's a good entryway into VR, while still being a capable enough VR headset on its own merits that you won't feel the need to upgrade any time soon if you become a VR enthusiast.

brasileirinho

Apr 28, 2021
I'd recommend the Quest 2 aswell. And an Nvidia GPU (at least a 3060Ti), because it has NVENC encoder, which is better than AMD's AMF. Also, Virtual Desktop gives better support for Nvidia.

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes