VN Ren'Py Abandoned Princess Colleen [v0.2] [Studio AD]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

redwind21

Aug 16, 2017
This is a really likeable game with some great renders. It doesn't move too fast or slow, but just about right. All I have to say is Long live Princess Colleen no matter where she may end up. Very nice game!

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Greetings,

This is Arisushi, the writer of "Princess Colleen". Here to clarify a few questions players might have regarding our plans for the game.

---

1. What will be the tone of this game?

Those who have played my other works (One Night Stand, Under the Moonlight, The best days of our lives) might know me for my simple, "slice-of-life" style stories.

In 'Princess Colleen', I'll be actively trying to explore the other side of the storytelling as well - With a lot more emphasis on "big events", suspense, and unexpected twists.

That being said, there will be an ample amount of "slice-of-life" moments in here too.

In terms of its pacing, the game will be a slow-burn saga that gradually builds the characters and their world into something grand and memorable.

---

2. What is the release plan for each update?

As we are in the initial phase of the development/promotions, DavidLunch (the artist) and I have agreed to release short updates as quick as we can (at least for the first 3-4 updates).

We do not have a "fixed" release window at the moment, as we're still trying to figure out the ideal turnaround time we can achieve.

The ideal scenario would be to release a new update once every 1-1.5 months. And we'll do our best to deliver that.

(Hopefully) Once we start getting some support and recognition, we will be able to spend more time on the project and release larger updates.

---

3. What tags will be present in the game?

- "Straight Vanilla sex, Lesbians, Threesomes, Group Sex."

(All of which will happen in a natural manner, where it makes sense within the context of the story. As opposed to showing sex just for the sake of showing it.)

- Corruption, blackmail and Humiliation are tags that might be explored in some minor level here and there.

(However, since those tags generally have an "over-the-top" connotation in our VN circles, I do not want to set any false expectations about it.

Whatever's present in the story will be treated sincerely in a believable manner, and used only where it's absolutely necessary.

Not as some cheap gimmick to increase the kink factor.)

So, for now, let's just say the "darker tags" will be present on a case-by-case basis.

Note: The player CAN actively AVOID what he/she doesn't want in terms of those three tags.

---

4. How will the story-branchings be handled?

(Starting from 0.2) the game will have two major story branches - depending on
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

That being said, since we'll be releasing short updates in the first few months. Having too many branchea will severely affect the playtime in the worst way possible.

So, we'll be holding back on the branching for the first 3-4 updates.

However, once we've gotten past the opening act of the story, the branchings will start showing up in the form of the love interests you choose (and how they can aid you in your journey).

As of this moment,

So, there WILL be plenty of branching when the time comes.

But we kindly request you to be patient until we get past the first few updates.

---

That's pretty much the gist of the important things I wanted to share with you.

Thank you for trying out our game.

If you have any particular questions for the artist (DavidLunch) or questions that I haven't covered here - please feel free to leave a reply and we'll try our best to clarify them.

With Regards,
Arisushi.

Last edited:

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
3. What tags will be present in the game?

- "Straight Vanilla sex, Lesbians, Threesomes, Group Sex."

(All of which will happen in a natural manner, where it makes sense within the context of the story. As opposed to showing sex just for the sake of showing it.)

- Corruption, blackmail and Humiliation are tags that might be explored in some minor level here and there.

(However, since those tags generally have an "over-the-top" connotation in our VN circles, I do not want to set any false expectations about it.

Whatever's present in the story will be treated sincerely in a believable manner, and used only where it's absolutely necessary.

Not as some cheap gimmick to increase the kink factor.)

So, for now, let's just say the "darker tags" will be present on a case-by-case basis.

Note: The player CAN actively AVOID what he/she doesn't want in terms of those three tags.
So that means I can avoid this three tags, corruption, humiliation and blackmail, all I want, but not avoid straight sex and threesomes, cause everything will come "organically" and into the story? I mean, isn't a purely lesbian route possible, avoiding threesomes and straight sex?

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
So that means I can avoid this three tags, corruption, humiliation and blackmail, all I want, but not avoid straight sex and threesomes, cause everything will come "organically" and into the story? I mean, isn't a purely lesbian route possible, avoiding threesomes and straight sex?
Yeah, I should have probably worded that better.

In my mind, I thought (since the "darker" tags are stuff that might put off some players), it would be better to emphasize on the fact that they're avoidable.

But looking at it now, it sounds like I'm saying - the rest aren't avoidable.

But in reality, almost all of them are.

(I say almost, because I do not know if I'll have a "no love" route in the game.

But the players WILL have full control over which of the love interest Colleen gets together with)

---

So, please allow me to rephrase/expand upon what I said earlier.

. There are 7 planned love interests for Colleen in this game, depending on which one you choose - you will end up on a "pure straight path" , "pure lesbian path", or a "polyamory path".

It will also be quite obvious as to - "which choices will direct you into which routes".

So, long story short, pretty much every route is avoidable.

---

PS: It is not a guarantee that all 7 love routes will make it into the game. That depends entirely on how much support this game gets and how much time we can afford to spend on it each month.

But there will be at least 4 love routes.

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
Yeah, I should have probably worded that better.

In my mind, I thought (since the "darker" tags are stuff that might put off some players), it would be better to emphasize on the fact that they're avoidable.

But looking at it now, it sounds like I'm saying - the rest aren't avoidable.

But in reality, almost all of them are.

(I say almost, because I do not know if I'll have a "no love" route in the game.

But the players WILL have full control over which of the love interest Colleen gets together with)

---

So, please allow me to rephrase/expand upon what I said earlier.

. There are 7 planned love interests for Colleen in this game, depending on which one you choose - you will end up on a "pure straight path" , "pure lesbian path", or a "polyamory path".

It will also be quite obvious as to - "which choices will direct you into which routes".

So, long story short, pretty much every route is avoidable.

---

PS: It is not a guarantee that all 7 love routes will make it into the game. That depends entirely on how much support this game gets and how much time we can afford to spend on it each month.

But there will be at least 4 love routes.
So, a pure lesbian route will indeed be possible. OK. Thanks for clarifying

Trash_Panda

Game Developer
Jan 9, 2019
Good looking daz made fem protag games nearly always gets abandoned in the end. As usual I want this title to go on as much as possible because we never had a such "princess" themed game. I wish good luck to dev.

Reactions: Arisushi

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Okay, this is the first of your games where I managed to catch on early (v0.2), so I will take opportunity to re-iterate my advice (although it might sound kinda like a broken record now:cry:), which I will emphasize here, is to focus on promotions and 'marketings' (sorry I am unable to provide details guide because I lacks experience myself). Although, I would say you are off to a good start, since you have put up this game development thread a month prior to the initial release.

The renders looks amazing.
The medieval setting and female protagonist are different from your other games.
The premise is quite interesting (not exactly original but perhaps a different approach?).
The planned contents appeal to huge number of players, so hopefully it will gain tractions in no time.
I think that since the game is released now, the development thread will no longer function as everything will be post on Patreon instead.

All that being said, thank you for the share. All the best, Studio AD. I hope this one will truly gets the support that it deserves and will NOT face the same fate as the other games (fingers crossed). Cheers.

PalmFace

Aug 22, 2017
Are you planning on having some fantasy/magic in this game later on? Colleen is beautiful but I'd love to see her getting bigger tits and becoming more of a bimbo after taking some potions haha

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017

You can add the "no love" or celibacy route in the game and make it the first ending as early as v0.1, a neutral ending (game over?) scene :p, but no one would pick that route, and those who choose it will most certainly be complaining in this thread about 'pointless' option:ROFLMAO:.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Are you planning on having some fantasy/magic in this game later on? Colleen is beautiful but I'd love to see her getting bigger tits and becoming more of a bimbo after taking some potions haha
I am not the developer or affliated in any way, but as far as the narrative is concerned (as what I learned about), there is no magic involved.

From VN game development stand point, the option (using potion, magic etc.) that changes appearance means that the renders (and certain dialogues) needs to change depending on what option the player picks, it is a nice feature but it offers the worst return of investment. For example, each tits renders have to be made in 2 sets, one bigger, the other is normal.

Reactions: PalmFace

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
Thank you, I'm really happy that you'll be trying out this game too :) We'll definitely be trying a lot more to "put the game out there" this time, market it as best as we can.

(As for the dev thread, it has pretty much served it's purpose - but any public posts will also be shared directly here on this thread instead, as it is the f95 audience will be following the most.)

And thank you for the kind words of support :) We hope you like what's in store for the future updates.

Arisushi

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2020
As of this moment, I do not have any plans to introduce any fantasy/magic (at least for the first few arcs of the game I've mapped out so far).

And if possible, I'd like to keep things grounded in "reality" until the end of the game.

But even if we did decide to bring in any magic at some point, I'm afraid we won't be using it for something like changing her boobs. So, sorry about that

PalmFace

Aug 22, 2017
I am not the developer or affliated in any way, but as far as the narrative is concerned (as what I learned about), there is no magic involved.

From VN game development stand point, the option (using potion, magic etc.) that changes appearance means that the renders (and certain dialogues) needs to change depending on what option the player picks, it is a nice feature but it offers the worst return of investment. For example, each tits renders have to be made in 2 sets, one bigger, the other is normal.
Thanks for your reply! I am aware of that, unfortunately that's the reason why appearance changes are very rare in VNs, you're right. Will give this game a try nonetheless, it looks great :)

Reactions: JohnF95zone

PalmFace

Aug 22, 2017
As of this moment, I do not have any plans to introduce any fantasy/magic (at least for the first few arcs of the game I've mapped out so far).

And if possible, I'd like to keep things grounded in "reality" until the end of the game.

But even if we did decide to bring in any magic at some point, I'm afraid we won't be using it for something like changing her boobs. So, sorry about that
I can totally understand that! Looking forward to seeing more of the game in the future

Mesmerizet

Mar 14, 2020
This seems like a good game but sadly its going to be a slow burn. Will take some time to complete and get some scenes eh?

ShocLite12

Oct 24, 2017
There is a bug with the save function. Every time I try to use it, the game goes into an error screen.

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
like the idea and setting. but the mc is way too thin looking for me. if she would have at least curves like the blond princess from "to be a king" that would be sweet. cause even i like the setting, the quality and the openess for kinks, i cant jerk off to a girl i feel not attracted to (even her face and style overall isn't that bad) but thats just my personaly taste and opinion. good luck with the game

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote