Hergotzer

Jun 5, 2018
I'm suffering from an infinite black screen. It's may be the bug with DragonP1 event happening during the transition to a new day (It's late night, around when the game would automatically save due to the new day beginning) but the patches do not seem to fix it. If I just stay in one place, eventually (around when the day is supposed to transition) the game completely freezes up.

I've tried to reload older saves but they always start doing the same at the same day.

Any ideas how to fix, or at least circumvent this?

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
This error appears when i use the updated patches.

View attachment 354485

Have to note that im not using the merchant princess patch - dont want her to be everywhere at the same time.
Not sure what caused that memory error but it's outside the scope of the Yami Engine Ace - Patch System.

Seems that error is occurring when a Move Route is being created probably for an NPC so does this occur on the World Map or any other place specifically? Does the game work without any Patches (Clean Install)? While some scripts can free up memory, like , can't really use the Patch System to insert any Scripts (or edit them for that matter) and I'm not sure how much Towerfag does for Memory Optimization... Just to cover bases you're not running this with a potato are you? As quite a few people have mentioned Lag so I'm not sure what the minimum specs are for this game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

While you could upload a save for testing I'm not sure how much help I can be on this one...

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
While you could upload a save for testing I'm not sure how much help I can be on this one...
Aw crapper... i got rid of the save (it was unusable at this stage anyway - the save file got bloated to over 350MB in size and was crashing the second i tried to launch it).

The way leading to this crash was rather "simple": the game ran fine for a good hour but then started chugging. The lag continued and was getting worse and worse (longer pauses) until a point when it would crash no matter what i did. No idea what caused it as im not coder. It was neither specific to the world or "area" map. The lag was everywhere (including lag when trying to load or save the game itself). The transition scenes would take forever too.

My rig is old but not that old. Its an i7-3820 CPU @ 3.6 gig with 16 gigs of ram. I am running Vista if that changes anything.

Now im running the game (again) with the patch posted in the first post of this thread and have no issues apart from a random crash when i try to talk to random golems (this has always been the case in 0.16.10 and i always save before checking which golem is safe to talk to and which isnt).

Guess thats everything you need to know?

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Aw crapper... i got rid of the save (it was unusable at this stage anyway - the save file got bloated to over 350MB in size and was crashing the second i tried to launch it).

The way leading to this crash was rather "simple": the game ran fine for a good hour but then started chugging. The lag continued and was getting worse and worse (longer pauses) until a point when it would crash no matter what i did. No idea what caused it as im not coder. It was neither specific to the world or "area" map. The lag was everywhere (including lag when trying to load or save the game itself). The transition scenes would take forever too.

My rig is old but not that old. Its an i7-3820 CPU @ 3.6 gig with 16 gigs of ram. I am running Vista if that changes anything.

Now im running the game (again) with the patch posted in the first post of this thread and have no issues apart from a random crash when i try to talk to random golems (this has always been the case in 0.16.10 and i always save before checking which golem is safe to talk to and which isnt).

Guess thats everything you need to know?
A 350MB Save File? Holy :poop:! That's like half the size of the entire bloody game... Most of my saves fall below 6MB in size.

Yeah I can see why the game loading (and keeping in memory) that big of a save could cause problems. It's a 32bit application so the memory limit is like 4GB meaning your 16GB of ram is more then enough.

That amount of bloat probably means something on a New Game+ isn't getting deleted properly... but with you doing a fresh start at least will keep that problem at bay for awhile.

What crash are you getting with the Golems? More likely I can at least offer some help with that one

Trucido

Sep 30, 2017
I cant get the unlock all animations cheat to work. Is it bugged or do I gotta do something before I can use it.

Demonex

Jul 23, 2017
...the save file got bloated to over 350MB in size and was crashing the second i tried to launch it...
350MB? o_O
Well, that is huge for a save file, the file I use has more than 42h in game time and does not reach 10MB something must happen internally that is saving every single game data directly to the file without deleting the previous data increasing its size with each save, or maybe the game itself is saving absolutely everything inside and that would generate that bestial amount of data.
Windows Vista runs well in current PCs, although how it handles memory and certain incompatibilities can generate errors, I don't know how it affects rpg maker games since I use Linux and Windows 7 for games, this can present certain surprises but, I point more towards the code of the game since several on the web reported errors such as lags and other derivatives

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
What crash are you getting with the Golems? More likely I can at least offer some help with that one
The golem crash message says:

Unable to find file:
graphics/pictures/gollegsilo

I know for a fact theres another one like this but the object in question has a different name. Cant find it quick so its just this one for now.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
The golem crash message says:

Unable to find file:
graphics/pictures/gollegsilo

I know for a fact theres another one like this but the object in question has a different name. Cant find it quick so its just this one for now.
That reference should've been fixed in v0.16.10... eh copy/rename GolLegSil.png to GolLegSilO.png

Extract attached file into the Game Directory

DVXVD

Nov 17, 2017
I have run into a problem, sleeping with the human princess seems to freeze the game afterwards, it just sits there as a black screen and doesn't continue.... now it is also happening after the pregnancy announcement from Desert princess...

Last edited:

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
That reference should've been fixed in v0.16.10... eh copy/rename GolLegSil.png to GolLegSilO.png

Extract attached file into the Game Directory
Thanks will check it out soon.

EDIT: found the other crash ive mentioned. It says:

Unable to find file:
graphics/pictures/gollegarmj

As an aside thing - how do i stop certain princesses from constantly declaring war? I get one to stop and the second i leave her palace she declares again on the same targets. Is that a bug of some sort? Im burning through tons of affinity doing that and affinity is extremely difficult to gain back after spending 8 points instantly. A few posts back ive said ive stopped caring when this happens but apparently these constant wars make certain areas of the world inaccessible (the pirate ship in the north just sails around and doesnt stop like it should). Its a real pain in the ass and i would appreciate if i could just make them stop and not have to assist the other kingdoms in putting them down for good.

Last edited:

Demonex

Jul 23, 2017
It's funny, I only got the kingdoms to go to war, it was with cheats, since it is annoying to reestablish relations after using the diplomatic options, you have also done the quest of the tea party, it serves a bit to lower the grudges unless it touches you the 10 ~ 15% probability of failure that makes them more hostile than leaving the palace and re-declares it seems that the negative relationship that I already had does not cool completely, you have tried the cheat that forces peace to everyone that reset all realm relationships to 0.
Unless it is the insect princess in this case she declares at the moment that her kingdom emerges, because her relationship is negative with the other kingdoms by default and with anything this can declare war again

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
It's funny, I only got the kingdoms to go to war, it was with cheats, since it is annoying to reestablish relations after using the diplomatic options, you have also done the quest of the tea party, it serves a bit to lower the grudges unless it touches you the 10 ~ 15% probability of failure that makes them more hostile than leaving the palace and re-declares it seems that the negative relationship that I already had does not cool completely, you have tried the cheat that forces peace to everyone that reset all realm relationships to 0.
Unless it is the insect princess in this case she declares at the moment that her kingdom emerges, because her relationship is negative with the other kingdoms by default and with anything this can declare war again
The bugs are still underground. For them to emerge two factions in the north need to be destroyed and only the desert kingdom fell. Thats not the point though - 4 days into the game (when the nurse appears and shes the last step of the tutorial btw) the south declares on eachother and it turns into a clusterfuck. Its not always the south but ive had 2 playthroughs that panned out more or less the same. Cats declare on moths and goblins, moths declare on goblins, rabbits may or may not join (or get declared upon) and once ive unlocked ghosts, theyve declared on goblins. So the entire south is basically in a state of constant war until i do something about it. Then (or - in the meantime) human princess declares on skellies and slimes, skellies declare on desert, while harvest gets declared by both skellies and golems (after i did a few missions for them - they seem to be dormant otherwise). At this stage i just feel like quitting cos getting affinity NOW requires to do the 1 per day missions from the guild (it takes more affinity to meet and carpet bomb a princess with gifts when shes at war - up to 5 or 6 from the usual 2). Ive been avoiding the kobold princess but it seems like building your own kingdom and dominating the others seems to be the only way to play this game.

I dont know whats causing this state of affairs. Whether its the patch 1 that i have installed or just crappy programming but there isnt a single quest or mission that raises diplomacy. The Nyuya (spelling?) chick doesnt do crap even though she travels all around the place and the other option (the moth) spawned in a place where i cant reach her (slime pool west side).
Im not using any cheats btw. Shit just happens and i have to deal with the fallout.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Thanks will check it out soon.

EDIT: found the other crash ive mentioned. It says:

Unable to find file:
graphics/pictures/gollegarmj

As an aside thing - how do i stop certain princesses from constantly declaring war? I get one to stop and the second i leave her palace she declares again on the same targets. Is that a bug of some sort? Im burning through tons of affinity doing that and affinity is extremely difficult to gain back after spending 8 points instantly. A few posts back ive said ive stopped caring when this happens but apparently these constant wars make certain areas of the world inaccessible (the pirate ship in the north just sails around and doesnt stop like it should). Its a real pain in the ass and i would appreciate if i could just make them stop and not have to assist the other kingdoms in putting them down for good.
Seems the game isn't assigning a Color to that Golem for some reason

Well copying GolLegArmJB.png and renaming it to GolLegArmJ.png
Including GolLegSilO.png in case someone else comes looking for this

As for constant wars have you tried:
* Cheat Code 888073 = Sets PEACE ?
* Balancing the Powers? Pretty much if any Princess has a Military Advantage she is likely to use it, mostly why I up their Defense but keep their Offensive close to zero
* Have one of the Random Roaming NPCs be ? She's suppose to be a calming Hippy, if you were not lucky to roll her you can use one of my Unofficial Cheat Codes to change them.
* Questing for Tea Parties does work but that's a Daily and I've got things to do so Cheats Ahoy

Reactions: wahnsinn

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Seems the game isn't assigning a Color to that Golem for some reason

Well copying GolLegArmJB.png and renaming it to GolLegArmJ.png
Including GolLegSilO.png in case someone else comes looking for this

As for constant wars have you tried:
* Cheat Code 888073 = Sets PEACE ?
* Balancing the Powers? Pretty much if any Princess has a Military Advantage she is likely to use it, mostly why I up their Defense but keep their Offensive close to zero
* Have one of the Random Roaming NPCs be ? She's suppose to be a calming Hippy, if you were not lucky to roll her you can use one of my Unofficial Cheat Codes to change them.
* Questing for Tea Parties does work but that's a Daily and I've got things to do so Cheats Ahoy
Will try this fix. Thanks.

As for the constant war scenario - ive found out that the rabbit affinity quest has a "diplomacy" in its rewards. Gonna do this quest a bunch of times to see if it:
1. Works.
2. Affects the north as well.

Ive also dealt with the kingdoms conquering eachother by matching all of their stats. Defense up to 5 (from whatever it was) and offense up to 2 (in my games that was the highest value for one of the kingdoms so i gave all of them as much - made the mistake of ignoring offence initially and the desert kingdom with 5 defence and 1 offence fell to skellies with 5 defence and 2 offence). The situation now is under control in terms of front lines - everyone gains and loses ground with rare sieges taking place but nobody actually conquering. I just want to... play the game... and not have to worry about one of the princessess getting executed rather than sold into slavery (i can salvage the situation if shes sold off; cant do crap when shes dead).

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Will try this fix. Thanks.

As for the constant war scenario - ive found out that the rabbit affinity quest has a "diplomacy" in its rewards. Gonna do this quest a bunch of times to see if it:
1. Works.
2. Affects the north as well.

Ive also dealt with the kingdoms conquering eachother by matching all of their stats. Defense up to 5 (from whatever it was) and offense up to 2 (in my games that was the highest value for one of the kingdoms so i gave all of them as much - made the mistake of ignoring offence initially and the desert kingdom with 5 defence and 1 offence fell to skellies with 5 defence and 2 offence). The situation now is under control in terms of front lines - everyone gains and loses ground with rare sieges taking place but nobody actually conquering. I just want to... play the game... and not have to worry about one of the princessess getting executed rather than sold into slavery (i can salvage the situation if shes sold off; cant do crap when shes dead).
Cool also forgot to mention , she has a random chance to spawn when war is going on.

3.50 star(s) 55 Votes