masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
What key do I actually have to press to fly? I probably come off as the biggest idiot but I'm genuinely confused...
Then get a Fairy and ride her into the sunset :love:
As for controls switch to that character and
Keyboard Ctrl
Gamepad xbox controller RB, Button 6

Getting the Cucco Wings is a real process but it's like giving the Knight Red Bull.
You do have to hold this button down and you'll get a little Flight Bar which shows you how far you can travel.
If you land on something you can't land on the screen shakes and you return to your starting position.

Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim

Atal112

Jun 17, 2020
Anyone know how I can turn a princess to her original appearance and not the randomized one without cheats? I'm 40 hours in and I just got finhead princess that has randomized appearance and I just realized that I can't see the unique scenes because of that.I want to keep getting achievements so is there a way to revert to classic appearance,maybe using save editor?
Well I figured that out but now my game freezes during MothP's 4th convo where you chase for her in the forest after you fall asleep

TimThrall

Feb 19, 2019
It takes forever for updates to come, but then i look what get's added and then i go, "Oh yeah that make sense." Anyone here know what i mean?

Kurozaru

Aug 25, 2017
Are you talking about that bird nest at the cliff on the rocky slope? I mean there's feathers laying there but so far I haven't encountered anything.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This area transition is relatively well hidden- if you walk to the left in the area provided it'll take you to "another map"- though it's just a dead end with a chest, and sometimes a dragon.

Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
This area transition is relatively well hidden- if you walk to the left in the area provided it'll take you to "another map"- though it's just a dead end with a chest, and sometimes a dragon.
Wow... that is well hidden indeed. Thanks for showing me where it is tho.

Kurozaru

Aug 25, 2017
Hey, What's up with the Trench Investigation quest? I know that it's completeable thanks to it being documented on the Wiki, but it seems like there's simply no way to exit the area with Dragon Princess IV aside from using the Panic Button (which can potentially cause all sorts of problems). What gives?

Edit: Nevermind. I was looking at the area on the east side of the room that was submerged in water, which wasn't helping at all. Gotta look at the top middle part in the spot that still has air... the way up is *really* not all that visible.

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
Anyone have any idea how to get out of the blackscreen other than using the Panic item? Every time I do the camp sleep thing, the screen goes black for a while, which yeah, I get, its supposed to happen.

However, I am pretty sure I'm not supposed to be able to open the menu as if the game has loaded but the transition screen didnt get the memo to go away.

I saw some people talking about the auto-save maybe being the culprit, but thats about it.

Sep 22, 2017
Anyone have any idea how to get out of the blackscreen other than using the Panic item? Every time I do the camp sleep thing, the screen goes black for a while, which yeah, I get, its supposed to happen.

However, I am pretty sure I'm not supposed to be able to open the menu as if the game has loaded but the transition screen didnt get the memo to go away.

I saw some people talking about the auto-save maybe being the culprit, but thats about it.
I don't know if these still work as I haven't been able to play very much of the last few updates. But for me when it did happen waiting for a few minutes it would usually fix itself. Mashing the movement keys praying I can get into another area and then exiting that area would also sometimes fix it.

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
I don't know if these still work as I haven't been able to play very much of the last few updates. But for me when it did happen waiting for a few minutes it would usually fix itself. Mashing the movement keys praying I can get into another area and then exiting that area would also sometimes fix it.
Yeah, I figured something like that could be done.. I'll just use Cheat_Engine to cheat in money and use the panic button, as annoying as it is.

Or, I might just play something else, I aint exactly chomping at the bit to play this, the slow menues and lack of instant text gets quite bothersome.

Kurozaru

Aug 25, 2017

My leading theory is that it's not the auto-save, but rather a lack of optimization in the coding/event scripting process. In earlier builds of the game, the camp exit loading time didn't take nearly as long, and this is most likely due to the fewer things that were necessary to unload from the camp, and/or the fewer things to load on the overworld.
Pretty much each update a princess or other named recruitable character is added, events are added to the campsite map.
Most of it is stuff that checks your party to see who you do or don't have in your party, as well as the unique dialogue, art, and animations for each character.

Leaving the campsite is pretty much the only extremely long load time that I know of at this point in development, so it's much easier to plan around that than to wait for it to be worked on in the meantime.

A couple of things you could do;

Wait for it to load- This is, regrettably, probably the least desired option. It does eventually load- for me it takes about 4 to 5 seconds before the menu is openable, and a total of 19 to 20 before the game finally loads the world map. This might not be quite the same for you, but it should at least give you a decent idea. During the time the menu is available, you can actually move around the world map- so if you camp in front of an area transition, you can totally just skip the loading and go to that place instead. Good luck doing that on accident if you didn't plan for it, though.
Worth noting: Spending time in the menu also pauses the loading/unloading process, too.

Save/Load when menu is available- This saves you a couple of seconds, and the world map shows up as soon as you load the game. My guess is that instead of going through every line of code one by one, it force quits all of them to load the new file.

Don't Camp Unless Necessary - While this might sound counterintuitive seeing as a lot of the personal character moments are in the campsite, as well as your only way of leveling characters up, it's all a lot less necessary than you might think. This does bring the unfortunate downside of time not moving forwards to the start of the next morning, thus causing some NPCs and events to linger for longer than they should- however, this can be fixed relatively easily by simply resting at the tavern, and in some cases a princess reign's inn- though those seem to be a bit less reliable. They also cost different amounts.

I genuinely don't recommend using Panic Button, since it's not necessary and costs you a relatively sizeable amount of swirlies.

Hope this helps!

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
My leading theory is that it's not the auto-save, but rather a lack of optimization in the coding/event scripting process. In earlier builds of the game, the camp exit loading time didn't take nearly as long, and this is most likely due to the fewer things that were necessary to unload from the camp, and/or the fewer things to load on the overworld.
Pretty much each update a princess or other named recruitable character is added, events are added to the campsite map.
Most of it is stuff that checks your party to see who you do or don't have in your party, as well as the unique dialogue, art, and animations for each character.

Leaving the campsite is pretty much the only extremely long load time that I know of at this point in development, so it's much easier to plan around that than to wait for it to be worked on in the meantime.

A couple of things you could do;

Wait for it to load- This is, regrettably, probably the least desired option. It does eventually load- for me it takes about 4 to 5 seconds before the menu is openable, and a total of 19 to 20 before the game finally loads the world map. This might not be quite the same for you, but it should at least give you a decent idea. During the time the menu is available, you can actually move around the world map- so if you camp in front of an area transition, you can totally just skip the loading and go to that place instead. Good luck doing that on accident if you didn't plan for it, though.
Worth noting: Spending time in the menu also pauses the loading/unloading process, too.

Save/Load when menu is available- This saves you a couple of seconds, and the world map shows up as soon as you load the game. My guess is that instead of going through every line of code one by one, it force quits all of them to load the new file.

Don't Camp Unless Necessary - While this might sound counterintuitive seeing as a lot of the personal character moments are in the campsite, as well as your only way of leveling characters up, it's all a lot less necessary than you might think. This does bring the unfortunate downside of time not moving forwards to the start of the next morning, thus causing some NPCs and events to linger for longer than they should- however, this can be fixed relatively easily by simply resting at the tavern, and in some cases a princess reign's inn- though those seem to be a bit less reliable. They also cost different amounts.

I genuinely don't recommend using Panic Button, since it's not necessary and costs you a relatively sizeable amount of swirlies.

Hope this helps!
Well, I can say with certainty that its badly optimized code.

I did decide to try and wait it out, despite having access to the menu with the black screen, the game would eventually clear up and allow me to continue, however, it took around 30 seconds from when I could open the menu before the black screen would go away.

Anyway, this game will eventually hit a roof.

RPGMaker VX can only support so many events, another dev was complaining about the limit to events in a blogpost ages ago, saying he'd have to upgrade to Rpg Maker MV (Which would basically force him to start over), if he wanted the game to run properly with the amount of events he wanted in the game.

I dont really get why devs use RPGMaker for anything with a continuous development loop, you cant keep adding new stuff, eventually the engine simply cant handle it anymore.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

Crazycarzom

Mar 26, 2019
Well, I can say with certainty that its badly optimized code.

I did decide to try and wait it out, despite having access to the menu with the black screen, the game would eventually clear up and allow me to continue, however, it took around 30 seconds from when I could open the menu before the black screen would go away.

Anyway, this game will eventually hit a roof.

RPGMaker VX can only support so many events, another dev was complaining about the limit to events in a blogpost ages ago, saying he'd have to upgrade to Rpg Maker MV (Which would basically force him to start over), if he wanted the game to run properly with the amount of events he wanted in the game.

I dont really get why devs use RPGMaker for anything with a continuous development loop, you cant keep adding new stuff, eventually the engine simply cant handle it anymore.
Probably since RPGM software is marketed as easy to use, you can literally make a budget rpg in several hours with enough effort, of course it won't be good and will run horribly but you get the point. RPGM is one of the most popular rpg making software today, I mean there's 52 pages of RPGM tagged games and only 3 for WolfRPG on this site alone.

At the end of the day you'll typically hear RPGM when asking for software in developing RPGs or games in general, its marketed as easy to use and hard to master and has a multitude of tutorials based around it. It's the coding and eventing that makes or breaks a RPGM game, not just the graphics or battle system.

Many who are experienced with the engine understand the limits and continue to use the engine since they know how much they can add before it becomes too much to handle. Any software has it's limits in terms of development and adding things but it can be mitigated through experience and trying to understand the program itself.

To the Moon made a game that barely resembled a RPGM game, MGQP has shown you can make a large game in RPGM without sacrificing too much content, and SHRIFT has shown one can morph the engine to your needs through technical know-how.

I'm not defending anyone who just used RPGM for the convenience but I do have respect for those who can pull off an amazing game with the limits they have. However P&C has shown to have very poor scripting and eventing that ends up making the game have errors every release, still a WIP though. Thus I'm grateful for the patch system which Masterdragonson has taken the time to fix the bugs that litter the each version (and anyone else out there who does the same, thank you for your time and I appreciate you).

I like the game but sometimes knowing what's too ambitious is important. Sometimes you have to be happy with what you have and first try to make the game not end up breaking from too much change.

Hope you have a good day and stay safe everyone.

Till next time.

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
Probably since RPGM software is marketed as easy to use, you can literally make a budget rpg in several hours with enough effort, of course it won't be good and will run horribly but you get the point. RPGM is one of the most popular rpg making software today, I mean there's 52 pages of RPGM tagged games and only 3 for WolfRPG on this site alone.

At the end of the day you'll typically hear RPGM when asking for software in developing RPGs or games in general, its marketed as easy to use and hard to master and has a multitude of tutorials based around it. It's the coding and eventing that makes or breaks a RPGM game, not just the graphics or battle system.

Many who are experienced with the engine understand the limits and continue to use the engine since they know how much they can add before it becomes too much to handle. Any software has it's limits in terms of development and adding things but it can be mitigated through experience and trying to understand the program itself.

To the Moon made a game that barely resembled a RPGM game, MGQP has shown you can make a large game in RPGM without sacrificing too much content, and SHRIFT has shown one can morph the engine to your needs through technical know-how.

I'm not defending anyone who just used RPGM for the convenience but I do have respect for those who can pull off an amazing game with the limits they have. However P&C has shown to have very poor scripting and eventing that ends up making the game have errors every release, still a WIP though. Thus I'm grateful for the patch system which Masterdragonson has taken the time to fix the bugs that litter the each version (and anyone else out there who does the same, thank you for your time and I appreciate you).

I like the game but sometimes knowing what's too ambitious is important. Sometimes you have to be happy with what you have and first try to make the game not end up breaking from too much change.

Hope you have a good day and stay safe everyone.

Till next time.
Exactly, its an easy engine to quickly make a game with.. Yet, they arent aiming to make a quick game, they're aiming to have this huge game with all kinds of things in it.

Besides, RPGMaker is quite expensive, engines like Unity (I dont know about others, I worked with Unity when I used to work with games), allows you to use the engine for free if your expected sales are below 150k.

And with Unity you can easily find a pre-made asset to help you get started.

Anyway, I dont really care enough to continue this conversation, I am not invested enough in or against this game. Its a decent game, good ideas behind it. Just a shame its so limited by the engine.

Reactions: Crazycarzom

Kurozaru

Aug 25, 2017
The thing that kinda bugs me the most about the game so far is just the overall lack of documentation on a lot of things, which is understandable due to the constant updates, but in other cases, it's just nowhere to be found- for example, Courtesan Events! They're totally random, block certain events, and hypothetically, you can get the related Courtesan outfit for its related event.
The one I'll bet almost everyone knows about is the Goblin Courtesan event, which happens at the starting Tavern from time to time. You sneak into one of the rooms, steal an outfit, and then spook the girl in bed, and bam, they're sent on their way.

Just recently, I found the Moth Courtesan at the Hunter's Terrace, and you can get the outfit by going into the heater room and defeating the enemy there.

Not a clue what you're supposed to do in the case of the Finhead Courtesan, would be interested if anyone knows!
(Hammerhead Port, Cargo Search- and the uhh... snow island place, I think. Might be wrong.)

Also, what's up with Pruna? Who's Pruna? Where? Alas, Patreon specific update info means that everyone else is left in the dark or has to find out themselves. That's cool in a "I must learn everything for myself" way, but not so great when there's no leads.

I wish more content was available for Basillisa, Pirate Princess, and Gazer Princess, but... [shrug]

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018

It's cheap :p Really I bought RPG Maker VX Ace on steam because it was $10. A lot of limitations of the engine are soft caps that people have figured out how to hop over. Being older it also has a vaster collection of .

It can handle more if the developer knows what they are doing. tends to be one of the games that shows off things the engine is capable of.

Though it's not like RPG Maker MV is much better. These were made more for simplicity then optimization.

Reactions: Crazycarzom

Etar

Jul 17, 2017
It's cheap :p Really I bought RPG Maker VX Ace on steam because it was $10. A lot of limitations of the engine are soft caps that people have figured out how to hop over. Being older it also has a vaster collection of .

It can handle more if the developer knows what they are doing. tends to be one of the games that shows off things the engine is capable of.

Though it's not like RPG Maker MV is much better. These were made more for simplicity then optimization.
From what I saw it cost like 100 bucks to get a license for it.

I looked into using RPGMaker, and on Steam the license was quiet steep. Maybe they've changed it since I saw it a few years ago.

I'd still go for Unity though, its free and you can expand it as much as needed. Though, that does mean you will need to learn to program.
1622825544526.png

3.50 star(s) 55 Votes