masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
I'm in NG+++++++++++ (NG+11) according to the new save menu and I've noticed that the enemies hit considerably harder than in the first playthrough.

I was wondering if there was any way to make the enemies go back to the strength they had in the beginning.

I could just start a new playthrough, but I kinda want to keep my achievements...
Glancing over it Variable 3000: Game needs shortened.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit: Added Unofficial Cheat Code
706973 = New Game+ Counter Reset
Patches/Patch1621908727.rvdata2

This likely won't take effect until you reinitialize things. Includes a question if you want to invoke Game Rewind, keep in mind I didn't put any checks in to see if you used Mimic Box so eh do that if you value your stuff.

Last edited:

Kurozaru

Aug 25, 2017
Anyone else having a problem with area transitions not loading anything?
It seems like it's pretty much any area transition that lets you out at the world map. Camped? Cool, black screen. Just got out of the Skeleton Princess's reign? Black screen. Leaving the brand new bloom event tower? Black screen. Crossing the border (Wings or otherwise)? Black screen, Skyrim.

As of the moment, whenever this happens I have to use the sprite reloader, and there's a couple of other various items that will also make the map (and music) load properly- such as the Death Not, and basically any other useable item with an option menu.
I'm not 100% what's causing this issue, but I've been having it for several versions- the earliest I remember being around about the Combat Update (I hadn't been playing for a while, was very sad to see the knight shield get nerfed into the ground.)
However, I hadn't ever brought it up on the forums due to how unobtrusive it was- at the time, it was only when camping.

Now though, it does get tiring to end up manually fixing it every 6 minutes or so, because there's lots of stuff to do in this game, all of which involves, you guessed it, going through the world map in some fashion or another.

Any possibility it has something to do with the eventing of area transitions? Or is this mostly just a PC/etc spec user end problem?
For reference, I'm using a prebuilt Dell PC (inspiron 3847)- Windows 7.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
It seems like it's pretty much any area transition that lets you out at the world map. Camped? Cool, black screen. Just got out of the Skeleton Princess's reign? Black screen. Leaving the brand new bloom event tower? Black screen. Crossing the border (Wings or otherwise)? Black screen, Skyrim.

As of the moment, whenever this happens I have to use the sprite reloader, and there's a couple of other various items that will also make the map (and music) load properly- such as the Death Not, and basically any other useable item with an option menu.
I'm not 100% what's causing this issue, but I've been having it for several versions- the earliest I remember being around about the Combat Update (I hadn't been playing for a while, was very sad to see the knight shield get nerfed into the ground.)
However, I hadn't ever brought it up on the forums due to how unobtrusive it was- at the time, it was only when camping.

Now though, it does get tiring to end up manually fixing it every 6 minutes or so, because there's lots of stuff to do in this game, all of which involves, you guessed it, going through the world map in some fashion or another.

Any possibility it has something to do with the eventing of area transitions? Or is this mostly just a PC/etc spec user end problem?
For reference, I'm using a prebuilt Dell PC (inspiron 3847)- Windows 7.
Perhaps give this a try

Some bugs go away when you try searching for them.

If that doesn't work try uploading a save. Though if I go to other areas and it doesn't do anything well it's either because I'm special or I'm using the environment listed above.

Reactions: donofdarkness1

Tetris101

Feb 10, 2019
Glancing over it Variable 3000: Game needs shortened.

Edit: Added Unofficial Cheat Code
706973 = New Game+ Counter Reset
Patches/Patch1621908727.rvdata2

This likely won't take effect until you reinitialize things. Includes a question if you want to invoke Game Rewind, keep in mind I didn't put any checks in to see if you used Mimic Box so eh do that if you value your stuff.
Ur my savoir

Kurozaru

Aug 25, 2017
Perhaps give this a try

Some bugs go away when you try searching for them.

If that doesn't work try uploading a save. Though if I go to other areas and it doesn't do anything well it's either because I'm special or I'm using the environment listed above.
Alright, uhh. Might've done this wrong? The main menu, and a lot of other important image related stuff disappeared. I am using v0.17.Bloom, though, so that's probably on me for how I transferred the files. It didn't seem to have any effect on the transitions, so I decided to double check-

Upon replacing the rgss3a to fix that, I noticed a couple of things. First, I now have a save that's immediately before the dragon princess II event, which is a little bit broken- I'm able to move, use the menu, and all that stuff- giving me time to put on the chunga root or go somewhere else (like the skeleton princess/human princess battle right in front of me). That's strange, neat, and rather... unrelated.

The actually important part is that the transition does eventually go through, it just takes long enough (a full three seconds or so after opening your menu is possible) that I had assumed this whole time it wasn't loading. The map is already loaded during that two or three second period, the screen transition just takes a while- so you can technically start moving places, you just can't see.

...All in all, I've made myself look pretty foolish and impatient- but I think it's worth noting that I don't recall it taking this long in previous versions. For example, I went back to v.0.17.11FIX, and it takes very little time at all for the screen to transition in most cases, although even back then the camp to world map transition still takes a considerable amount of time- like to a count of 10 or so.

My guess is that as the game gets bigger, the load times are going to take longer? Not really sure what the correlation is, but considering that the camp is one of the older areas/set of events that keeps getting added to, its load times will probably continue to get worse.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face

Kurozaru

Aug 25, 2017
Re: The Camp's Long Exit Load Time

Considering that every update, some events are added to the camp area, that's probably the culprit for the longer load times? When I say every update, I really do mean that though- more recruitable princesses, reign leaders or otherwise, means more unique events to add. And everything that gets added doesn't necessarily get all added at once- like CrusaderP didn't have a scene when first recruitable and now does, or the more recent addition of WendigoP.
And we've got... what, four more unimplemented reign princesses, and two that are only partially done?

Edit: More hypothesis and notes. So, the Camp's exit load has always been pretty bad, but it's only recently that other places (reigns, tavern, etc) have gotten noticably longer than before- It's most likely due to the addition of the Bloomfest event, which can spawn all over the place.
Don't get me wrong though, Bloomfest is nice. More outfits is always nice.
Currently, the fastest exit load time goes to the pyramid, which doesn't really... have all that much in the way of eventing.

I don't really know if there's a user-end fix for this, but I imagine this could be optimized in a couple of different ways on the creation side- using the camp as the most painful load exit time example, if it were up to me, I'd probably see if I could split all those events across different versions of the camp area, as opposed to just the one camp area with all the events.

Last edited:

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Alright, uhh. Might've done this wrong? The main menu, and a lot of other important image related stuff disappeared. I am using v0.17.Bloom, though, so that's probably on me for how I transferred the files. It didn't seem to have any effect on the transitions, so I decided to double check-

Upon replacing the rgss3a to fix that, I noticed a couple of things. First, I now have a save that's immediately before the dragon princess III event, which is a little bit broken- I'm able to move, use the menu, and all that stuff- giving me time to put on the chunga root or go somewhere else (like the skeleton princess/human princess battle right in front of me). That's strange, neat, and rather... unrelated.

The actually important part is that the transition does eventually go through, it just takes long enough (a full three seconds or so after opening your menu is possible) that I had assumed this whole time it wasn't loading. The map is already loaded during that two or three second period, the screen transition just takes a while- so you can technically start moving places, you just can't see.

...All in all, I've made myself look pretty foolish and impatient- but I think it's worth noting that I don't recall it taking this long in previous versions. For example, I went back to v.0.17.11FIX, and it takes very little time at all for the screen to transition in most cases, although even back then the camp to world map transition still takes a considerable amount of time- like to a count of 10 or so.

My guess is that as the game gets bigger, the load times are going to take longer? Not really sure what the correlation is, but considering that the camp is one of the older areas/set of events that keeps getting added to, its load times will probably continue to get worse.
There are a few ways to see if things are alright.
If you haven't decrypted then a crc check will tell you if a file got corrupted

If you have decryped then check the size of the Graphics Folder along with it's file & folder count.

If decrypted you should easily be able to look at the pictures
'Princess & Conquest v0.17.Bloom\Graphics\Titles1' contains the Main Menu

The size of your save files to see if any junk is stored in them. 2-6 MB looks like the average though if they are over 10 MB that might be a problem.

If you are using the debug script I use then your game folder should have a file called errors.txt, it contains graphics the game believes are missing. After fans stopped reporting them to Towerfag well they became a lower priority but still useful if you're hunting graphical errors.

3 seconds isn't great but given the optimization, or lack thereof, doesn't sound atrocious. Cleaning up the code would help improve things however the massive undertaking is a bit much for me :p It took a considerable amount of time to clean up Game_Picture the last time I did it.

I seen The Last Sovereign have a transition glitch that temporarily makes the player run like speedy gonzales and that game has much cleaner code.

Some of it is Stacking Events, after a certain number it's not really efficient. Um take a war scene for example.
Lets say we have a 100 soldiers doing battle, if you have each soldier be 1 Event the engine has to process 100 Events per every few frames. Bogs the system down.
Now if you altered the scene to have 1 Event depicting 100 soldiers fighting it's significantly less resource intensive as only that event gets refreshed every few frames.

But what about the Camp Area?
Map 64
Contains 60 Events, each condition has to be checked when loading it so it's going to chug a bit.
This though doesn't seem to have added events since v0.17.11.
As for lines of code it went from 26446 to 27556 so 1110 new lines between Then and Now.

For High Potential Lag areas I would say the Camp, Tavern, and World Maps specifically World Map N as it being the original it's gotten more attention.

As for a culprit well Script Sapphire Action System IV might need some tlc as it handles Pathfinding. Tell me how far should a stone that's not meant to travel travel? I hypothesized this caused Save Bloat sometime ago but didn't have enough guinea pigs I mean testers to throw me enough data to isolate it. Didn't help that I think the debugger I attached was cleaning the data for me. 300 MB Save just filled with 0s for the travel route. That has to be loaded into memory so yeah dependent on system that can take time.

Doesn't help that there is a glitch in the Patch System so it doesn't handle Map Update Patches all that well.

Kurozaru

Aug 25, 2017
There are a few ways to see if things are alright.
If you haven't decrypted then a crc check will tell you if a file got corrupted

If you have decryped then check the size of the Graphics Folder along with it's file & folder count.

If decrypted you should easily be able to look at the pictures
'Princess & Conquest v0.17.Bloom\Graphics\Titles1' contains the Main Menu

The size of your save files to see if any junk is stored in them. 2-6 MB looks like the average though if they are over 10 MB that might be a problem.

If you are using the debug script I use then your game folder should have a file called errors.txt, it contains graphics the game believes are missing. After fans stopped reporting them to Towerfag well they became a lower priority but still useful if you're hunting graphical errors.

3 seconds isn't great but given the optimization, or lack thereof, doesn't sound atrocious. Cleaning up the code would help improve things however the massive undertaking is a bit much for me :p It took a considerable amount of time to clean up Game_Picture the last time I did it.

I seen The Last Sovereign have a transition glitch that temporarily makes the player run like speedy gonzales and that game has much cleaner code.

Some of it is Stacking Events, after a certain number it's not really efficient. Um take a war scene for example.
Lets say we have a 100 soldiers doing battle, if you have each soldier be 1 Event the engine has to process 100 Events per every few frames. Bogs the system down.
Now if you altered the scene to have 1 Event depicting 100 soldiers fighting it's significantly less resource intensive as only that event gets refreshed every few frames.

But what about the Camp Area?
Map 64
Contains 60 Events, each condition has to be checked when loading it so it's going to chug a bit.
This though doesn't seem to have added events since v0.17.11.
As for lines of code it went from 26446 to 27556 so 1110 new lines between Then and Now.

For High Potential Lag areas I would say the Camp, Tavern, and World Maps specifically World Map N as it being the original it's gotten more attention.

As for a culprit well Script Sapphire Action System IV might need some tlc as it handles Pathfinding. Tell me how far should a stone that's not meant to travel travel? I hypothesized this caused Save Bloat sometime ago but didn't have enough guinea pigs I mean testers to throw me enough data to isolate it. Didn't help that I think the debugger I attached was cleaning the data for me. 300 MB Save just filled with 0s for the travel route. That has to be loaded into memory so yeah dependent on system that can take time.

Doesn't help that there is a glitch in the Patch System so it doesn't handle Map Update Patches all that well.
The error seems to lie with the decryption itself- while there is a graphics folder, there's seemingly no titles subfolder- I imagine this is what happened to a bunch of the other files- which are listed in the errors.txt that you included.
Might be because of the decrypter I already had, I'll check later with the one you linked.
The saves I have are 12,000 to 7000 kb- I always start with a fresh save whenever an update comes out, for better or worse.

It's cool to hear about the specifics on the eventing- it sounds like it wasn't that different from what I imagined. But yeah, I agree that it doesn't sound like there's an easy solution at the moment.

Unrelated things:
When having sex at the beach, the screen shake actually causes the left edge of the map to shift over to the right to the point that the right edge of the map is visible. This probably applies to more places, but this is one where it's quick to find and notice.

This one's something a friend pointed out to me- When selecting a save, it seems to calls for the information for it whenever you scroll over it, which causes a slight delay, and it does this every time. While again, not terrible, it does make the process of selecting a save just a bit longer- especially in his case, since he has like 9 saves (due to dog princess)

• Thinking Face

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
The error seems to lie with the decryption itself- while there is a graphics folder, there's seemingly no titles subfolder- I imagine this is what happened to a bunch of the other files- which are listed in the errors.txt that you included.
Might be because of the decrypter I already had, I'll check later with the one you linked.
Yeah the other common one, RPG Maker Decrypter by Falo, can't handle this game.
There seems to be some crap data mixed in like "(DESKTOP-UJSVIMP's conflicted copy 2021-03-31)" which suggest Towerfag had hard drive problems.

It's cool to hear about the specifics on the eventing- it sounds like it wasn't that different from what I imagined. But yeah, I agree that it doesn't sound like there's an easy solution at the moment.
That is sad but true.

Unrelated things:
When having sex at the beach, the screen shake actually causes the left edge of the map to shift over to the right to the point that the right edge of the map is visible. This probably applies to more places, but this is one where it's quick to find and notice.
Sounds like a Map Loop setting. Expanding the map would fix that but not sure if Towerfag will consider it a big deal.

This one's something a friend pointed out to me- When selecting a save, it seems to calls for the information for it whenever you scroll over it, which causes a slight delay, and it does this every time. While again, not terrible, it does make the process of selecting a save just a bit longer- especially in his case, since he has like 9 saves (due to dog princess)
I'm somewhat to blame for that. Back when Towerfag visited more frequently I mentioned some improvement scripts, specifically

I don't think removing it would cause compatibility issues. Now it's listed as "Autosave" in the scripts.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Anyone know the latest unlock every animation code?
I need it for my gallery save.
Not sure why the cheat patch link doesn't point to a cheat patch but

354447 -> Unlock every animation + "GALLERY TELEPORT" item
Wait a second... There's a Gallery Teleport now? Sweet!

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
It's so unfair how Komachi just sits inside her hidden room and starves without newbies like me even knowing she existed... I really wanted the outfits she had for the princesses. I know there's a patch here that resurrects her but I'm afraid that might break something.

• Thinking Face

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
It's so unfair how Komachi just sits inside her hidden room and starves without newbies like me even knowing she existed... I really wanted the outfits she had for the princesses. I know there's a patch here that resurrects her but I'm afraid that might break something.
Well I did write that sometime ago but I'm pretty sure it still works as intended.

FlamesOfVengeance

Jul 16, 2019
Well I did write that sometime ago but I'm pretty sure it still works as intended.
Uh... I appreciate the help but I'm a bit confused now. Am I supposed to get into the game files to resurrect Komachi myself now? Or does the patch from a while ago do that for me?

• Thinking Face

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Uh... I appreciate the help but I'm a bit confused now. Am I supposed to get into the game files to resurrect Komachi myself now? Or does the patch from a while ago do that for me?
The Unofficial Cheat Patch has the power to do it for you.

I guess you could use a Save Editor to flip the values but I don't think it can handle the Quest Reset.
There is another way, Switch 3875 Komachi sated 4gud

Kurozaru

Aug 25, 2017
If you want to reset Komachi legitimately, there's always NG+, though that requires a bit of setup to not lose everything. Namely, you'll need the Mimic dowry before going for an ending, or alternatively the underwater turtle shell loop- accessible from the Kingdom Below.

Alternatively, you could get slaves from the Goblin Princess's reign, which come with outfits that are universally wearable. Might be difficult to manipulate, though.

BUTTSECKSISTRÉSBON

Feb 3, 2020
Could someone help me? I get this bug where some places don't load the ground it happened twice at moment to me while infiltrating her HumanP castle and at that forest represented by a lake where there is one butterfly to catch (welp or so i guess cant say what is going on half of it is all B-L-A-C-K) are those places incomplete?

Kurozaru

Aug 25, 2017
Could someone help me? I get this bug where some places don't load the ground it happened twice at moment to me while infiltrating her HumanP castle and at that forest represented by a lake where there is one butterfly to catch (welp or so i guess cant say what is going on half of it is all B-L-A-C-K) are those places incomplete?
I'm not really sure what causes this, but I've only seen it happen once, on the way down MouseP's mountain to the south region- it went away when I left and re-entered the area, but I'm skeptical it'll be that easy for you, seeing as it's happening in more than just one area. While it's not a great answer, just try saving, quitting, and loading. Those areas do have maps, they just aren't loading for you for some reason.

BUTTSECKSISTRÉSBON

Feb 3, 2020
I'm not really sure what causes this, but I've only seen it happen once, on the way down MouseP's mountain to the south region- it went away when I left and re-entered the area, but I'm skeptical it'll be that easy for you, seeing as it's happening in more than just one area. While it's not a great answer, just try saving, quitting, and loading. Those areas do have maps, they just aren't loading for you for some reason.
uff I already tried that with the lake map so many times when i first entered i already even reinstalled the game and nothing, can't find anything about how to fix oh welp keep trying I guess.

• Thinking Face

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
uff I already tried that with the lake map so many times when i first entered i already even reinstalled the game and nothing, can't find anything about how to fix oh welp keep trying I guess.
Did you redownload and reinstall or just reinstall?
The CRC for v0.17.Bloom

If there isn't a problem with the downloaded file then I would assume the Game.rgss3a file is also okay.

Try decrypting Game.rgss3a with the RGSS Decrypter

Then have a look at this folder
Princess & Conquest v0.17.Bloom\Graphics\Tilesets

The files should look like a mashup of land. For the Human Princess Castle it uses

3.50 star(s) 55 Votes