Ren'Py Completed Princess Dating Sim [Final] [Cute Pen Games]

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes

Sef

Sep 3, 2017
Weather you like or dislike the tech, there shouldnt be an argument against having a tag for AI art in this site.

Currently its still experimental tech that has a bunch of flaws, but its obvious that we will see more of this kind of content in all kind of forms not just from small-scale devs, but also from bigger dev deams simply because of the reduced cost, sheer quantity and less time investment (once again, talking bout the future and not its current state)

The first wave of ai games we are seeing now are essentially just the same type of games as those vampire-survivor clones: cheap lazy works made to get a quick buck.

leloil

Mar 30, 2021
Princess Dating Sim is a non-linear visual novel where you court multiple princesses at the same time. You'll need to WOO them, and see what their tastes are before you can pick a partner to marry!​
But then u realized this ↓
Screenshot_20221211_200503.jpg

Jan 14, 2021
"AI don't even save images. Of course they learning from images from internet."

I don't know how you can differentiate taking references, and taking existing images (or in this case, drawings) and mash them into a "drawing" as two similar things. The latter is clearly stealing.

Brother thats the discussions that southpark handled years ago
"The simpsons did it first"

Every fucking artist is stealing from other artists.
Nobody makes fully fledged out 100% authentic, 100% perfectly different than any other image, art.

AI art will overtake one way or another, its better to work with AI art and try to get it as good as possible as quickly as possible or we'll be stuck in a limbo. Thats the way it goes.
I welcome our AI overlords and would kindly ask for a life where I am pampered by clones of 2B and other thicc anime girls I can think off.

jellopop

Aug 22, 2019
You can use stable diffusion locally. There are many ways, but most people use automatic1111 webui. You can also use free bots in many discord channels, like unstable diffusion. There are also web pages with free access.
This is most likely using Novel Ai, I can tell because that's the kind of artwork it makes as I tried messing around with it before and it's also the mostly used one in general (if you go into pixiv you can see tons of people making similar artwork to this one if you look at skin tones/shading). If i recall correctly Novel Ai is trained on danbooru's image database.

Microtom

Sep 5, 2017
This is most likely using Novel Ai, I can tell because that's the kind of artwork it makes as I tried messing around with it before and it's also the mostly used one in general (if you go into pixiv you can see tons of people making similar artwork to this one if you look at skin tones/shading). If i recall correctly Novel Ai is trained on danbooru's image database.
The novelai model is a stable diffusion model. It was leaked and is downloadable to use locally. The Anything V3 model is supposedly better. Many models are posted on this site: . Here's the Anything V3, for example:

Here's another list of models: . This list has has the gape60 one that is really fun to use.

Last edited:

imacarl

Jul 11, 2017
AI art is promising for one-man and small team projects that are operating on a shoestring budget. It allows you to mock up *something* that is aesthetically pleasing while focusing on something else, like the writing. Art tends to sell visual novels, while story/writing makes them worth playing. AI art can help close the gap so bad or nonexistent art doesn't make a project non-viable. It also has the potential to make games less generic by replacing stock content in, for example, RPGMaker games. Of course shovelware devs will make shovelware, but I feel like AI art can make a genuine contribution in the indie space in the right hands.
It has potential but devs use it lazily. IMO AI art should be used to speed up the drawing process, and some artists experiment and draw over AI art to give their design flow and make it more consistent. Just generating the art and throwing it in is extremely lazy.

May 29, 2022
Honestly, fuck games with AI art. I do not mind games with AI art, but the issue is that it usually spawns the most generic shit ever. Like, how do you call this a game?

There are so many talented and skilled developers with big budgets, talented voice actors, amazingly drawn art and cool game mechanics, but you think some VN with AI art and the script written by NovelAI will walk away with thousands of dollars? No. A game with AI art is like a chimp with a machine gun!

Hopefully one day a game with AI will actually have decent writing and touch ups, a decent UI that is actually worth playing.

AI has so many imperfections especially when it comes to anime art (I mean, the hands, the eyes) and are normally almost always inconsistent unless you are really specific with your prompts. Plus they always have big boobs for some reason.

It's just free money at this point. Free money is good, but not like this! A hit game is a hit because it's actually worth playing. Not this.

F95zone should really make an AI art tag, so I can blacklist shit like this... and I normally don't even blacklist shit.

urbantakeover

Oct 18, 2020
My issue with the NovelAI model (heck most SD models) is that the characters just look so utterly generic, and souless. I am beta testing the new sub-model for MidJourney (Nijijourney) and it makes far more interesting outputs.
(Prompt: silver haired women screaming at a computer about a blue screen of death error )(Everyone "was" Kung-Fu Fighting...)

Either way, it still feels like a cop out to use AI to make a game

Last edited:
Reactions: Umbral Knight

Microtom

Sep 5, 2017
My issue with the NovelAI model (heck most SD models) is that the characters just look so utterly generic, and souless. I am beta testing the new sub-model for MidJourney (Nijijourney) and it makes far more interesting outputs.
(Prompt: silver haired women screaming at a computer about a blue screen of death error )(Everyone "was" Kung-Fu Fighting...)
There's certainly no denying that the latest midjourney version is the best art generative ai. But midjourney also doesn't do any lewd stuff.

urbantakeover

Oct 18, 2020
Well, certainly not always.

There's certainly no denying that the latest midjourney version is the best art generative ai. But midjourney also doesn't do any lewd stuff.
Honestly, I just find it rather pathetic that the second AI Art become accessible, everyone wanted to find a way to commodify art for free. It was never about democratizing art, it was about a means to an end to remove one more person from the equation so some tech bro doesn't need to pay another person to make their next NFT.

They have removed art from the artistic process and made it about an end result. As if almost the pinnacle of the "I want it now, and for free, and to not put any effort into it" mindset that is ruining the world. Then they have the audacity to tell artist "they are a thing of the past" and "they are going to get replaced", and some how be surprised when those people act hostile to them back to them as if they are being attacked.

Ya people are not a fan of AI art for many reasons...

Microtom

Sep 5, 2017
Honestly, I just find it rather pathetic that the second AI Art become accessible, everyone wanted to find a way to commodify art for free. It was never about democratizing art, it was about a means to an end to remove one more person from the equation so some tech bro doesn't need to pay another person to make their next NFT.

They have removed art from the artistic process and made it about an end result. As if almost the pinnacle of the "I want it now, and for free, and to not put any effort into it" mindset that is ruining the world. Then they have the audacity to tell artist "they are a thing of the past" and "they are going to get replaced", and some how be surprised when those people act hostile to them back to them as if they are being attacked.

Ya people are not a fan of AI art for many reasons...
Work isn't normally leisure, an activity done for the fun of it. If we can produce things without having to do any labor, there's no justification for not wanting that. AI is a good advance.

Reactions: SeanModo and himomo

kmtmtm

Apr 15, 2020
As unsolicited advice :

If you are going to seriously make a full VN, not just a bunch of pics glued together, it would probably help to train a custom model on something to get consistent drawing style, and spend some time in Photoshop making hands less tentacle-like.

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes