Ren'Py Completed Princess Dating Sim [Final] [Cute Pen Games]

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes

tsakalos

Jan 17, 2018
You're biting the hand that feeds you. We are here downloading games made by these "failed digital artists" for free and yet you choose to support garbage like this that could potentially drag the quality down even more.
You don't understand. Artists will be forced to get better to compete with these AI's. Also, I don't really care since 90% of games here have shitty art or made using daz, honey select and koikatsu for the especially untalented. You can also trace over the AI and use it for inspiration, and you don't have to waste hours trying to come up with 2 designs when you can render 100 in 10 minutes.

vanhough

Jun 20, 2018
You don't understand. Artists will be forced to get better to compete with these AI's. Also, I don't really care since 90% of games here have shitty art or made using daz, honey select and koikatsu for the especially untalented. You can also trace over the AI and use it for inspiration, and you don't have to waste hours trying to come up with 2 designs when you can render 100 in 10 minutes.
You realize that the AI uses samples from artists works, right? The AI is relatively new (only a few months now) and it's already making images instantly that artists pour in a lot of time and effort to make. You wanna make a case that it will force artist to get better, so that the AI can piggyback off that better effort again and again to be used by untalented devs to make these games, Yet you complain about "untalented lazy dev artists"?

Again, I could see your justification if you actually pay for the things you get here.
And daz, honey select, and koikatsu can only achieve so much. In fact, it's an entirely another genre itself (3D art).

But you support the thing that tries to pass itself off as 2D art and continually improves to piggyback off artists real work. My dude, you are part of the problem that you are talking about.

Last edited:

tsakalos

Jan 17, 2018
You realize that the AI uses samples from artists works, right? The AI is relatively new (only a few months now) and it's already making images instantly that artists pour in a lot of time and effort to make. You wanna make a case that it will force artist to get better, so that the AI can piggyback off that better effort again and again to be used by untalented devs to make these games, Yet you complain about "untalented lazy dev artists"?

Again, I could see your justification if you actually pay for the things you get here.
And daz, honey select, and koikatsu can only achieve so much. In fact, it's an entirely another genre itself (3D art).

But you support the thing that tries to pass itself off as 2D art and continually improves to piggyback off artists real work. My dude, you are part of the problem that you are talking about.
What problem? I don't see any problem here, it's only you hypocrites who mald about AI on a pirate forum. How many of you have pirated photoshop or use stolen assets and have numerous pics that belong to others downloaded to use for inspiration and tracing? Nobody waited for AI to start making lazy games or art. Look at how many people just use stolen assets already to put together a demo ver 0.0.01a and start a patreon to get free bucks for 0 effort. It only started to be a problem now that there's competition in the market, and you can't monopolize drawing.

I never would have imagined that in 2022 people would cry about "stolen art". Also, I used to sub to some patreons here, but it was a mistake on my part because after 1-2 years of supporting them, the creators just didn't reinvest anything and piggybacked off the money. One would think that getting 2000$/month extra income aside from your main income would mean you can raise the quality of your game or art, but that's simply not true. Most "artists" are scammers, so I don't feel sorry for them.

Loli Jesus

Jun 17, 2018
I fucking knew this was going to happen lmao, AI images are the logical progression for shovelware devs. At least edit and draw over the images a bit, you don't need any talent to be able to do that much. It wouldn't be as good as fully hand-drawn but it'd look far better than no effort copy-pasting and still requires very little time and effort. Of course the modus operandi of these devs is absolute minimal effort so I guess even that is too much for them.

There is use for AI images as a sort of assistant role similar to how some people use writing AI collaboratively to help them write. The important part is the human input to make the work fully coherent. For visual art I'd say using the AI to cook up some pose reference images is a good use, rather than trying to pass the AI's raw output or traced/edited images as a finished work. Naturally, shovelware devs gravitated towards the laziest, lowest quality use for AI.

Gabaw

Jun 23, 2017
I dream of the day even the worst games have outstanding art. A day where all that is left is the breadth and depth of the imagination of the creator.

that day is not today :KEK:

vanhough

Jun 20, 2018
What problem? I don't see any problem here, it's only you hypocrites who mald about AI on a pirate forum. How many of you have pirated photoshop or use stolen assets and have numerous pics that belong to others downloaded to use for inspiration and tracing? Nobody waited for AI to start making lazy games or art. Look at how many people just use stolen assets already to put together a demo ver 0.0.01a and start a patreon to get free bucks for 0 effort. It only started to be a problem now that there's competition in the market, and you can't monopolize drawing.

I never would have imagined that in 2022 people would cry about "stolen art". Also, I used to sub to some patreons here, but it was a mistake on my part because after 1-2 years of supporting them, the creators just didn't reinvest anything and piggybacked off the money. One would think that getting 2000$/month extra income aside from your main income would mean you can raise the quality of your game or art, but that's simply not true. Most "artists" are scammers, so I don't feel sorry for them.
Hot damn, what a read. The words "biting the hand that feeds you" really do fit you. And I don't know why you refer to me like I'm some sort of artist. I'm just a coomsumer here, but I am flattered by your train of thought. lmao

I don't even know where to begin pointing some sense into you but I will try.
First, you said "It only started to be a problem now that there's competition in the market" referring to AI art. You said this. Which means you consider games that use AI art as real effort games that compare to game dev artists that pull in effort to put out quality games.... think about that for a second.... You consider game devs who use the laziest form of art (AI art) in their games as equal "competition".... they use an AI art that continually improves by piggy backing off artists works that take a ton of effort to make.... let that sink in to your brain for a second....

Second, it's not about "stolen art". It's clear you didn't understand the problem here. It's about rendering the EFFORT made by artists useless because some AI is just gonna take their work and replicate variations of it in just a fraction of the time.

Third, you support artists because you support their work. If you are subbing to their page because you want their exclusive stuff, that's fine too. You can always just end it after you got what you wanted. If you think the dev/artist is falling back on their content, then you are free to end your sub. I myself am currently supporting 3 creators right now, but if any one of them start falling back on their content, then I'll just unsub. That's it. Nothing new to me. I won't cry and whine that I got "scammed". I supported them from the start for a reason.

I mean, how much are you really giving here? $1? $2? $5 or $10? The price of a single meal? I mean, I like to imagine I'm just giving the creator 1 sandwich per month for the work they do. If that's enough to put a dent in your bank account for you to cry "scammer! my life is ruined!" if they fall back on their content, then buddy, you need a new perspective in life. lol

And lastly, you're going about this whole thing like it's only the bad and lazy game artists/devs who will be harmed by this. But you don't take into account the artists who are actually putting in effort to put out quality stuff.

I feel like I'm in ELI5 right now. But that's as far as I'm willing to explain it. If you still choose to stick with what you said, then you really are part of the problem.

tsakalos

Jan 17, 2018
Hot damn, what a read. The words "biting the hand that feeds you" really do fit you. And I don't know why you refer to me like I'm some sort of artist. I'm just a coomsumer here, but I am flattered by your train of thought. lmao

I don't even know where to begin pointing some sense into you but I will try.
First, you said "It only started to be a problem now that there's competition in the market" referring to AI art. You said this. Which means you consider games that use AI art as real effort games that compare to game dev artists that pull in effort to put out quality games.... think about that for a second.... You consider game devs who use the laziest form of art (AI art) in their games as equal "competition".... they use an AI art that continually improves by piggy backing off artists works that take a ton of effort to make.... let that sink in to your brain for a second....

Second, it's not about "stolen art". It's clear you didn't understand the problem here. It's about rendering the EFFORT made by artists useless because some AI is just gonna take their work and replicate variations of it in just a fraction of the time.

Third, you support artists because you support their work. If you are subbing to their page because you want their exclusive stuff, that's fine too. You can always just end it after you got what you wanted. If you think the dev/artist is falling back on their content, then you are free to end your sub. I myself am currently supporting 3 creators right now, but if any one of them start falling back on their content, then I'll just unsub. That's it. Nothing new to me. I won't cry and whine that I got "scammed". I supported them from the start for a reason.

I mean, how much are you really giving here? $1? $2? $5 or $10? The price of a single meal? I mean, I like to imagine I'm just giving the creator 1 sandwich per month for the work they do. If that's enough to put a dent in your bank account for you to cry "scammer! my life is ruined!" if they fall back on their content, then buddy, you need a new perspective in life. lol

And lastly, you're going about this whole thing like it's only the bad and lazy game artists/devs who will be harmed by this. But you don't take into account the artists who are actually putting in effort to put out quality stuff.

I feel like I'm in ELI5 right now. But that's as far as I'm willing to explain it. If you still choose to stick with what you said, then you really are part of the problem.
I disagree with everything you said.

RetiredMember

May 29, 2017
AI art is promising for one-man and small team projects that are operating on a shoestring budget. It allows you to mock up *something* that is aesthetically pleasing while focusing on something else, like the writing. Art tends to sell visual novels, while story/writing makes them worth playing. AI art can help close the gap so bad or nonexistent art doesn't make a project non-viable. It also has the potential to make games less generic by replacing stock content in, for example, RPGMaker games. Of course shovelware devs will make shovelware, but I feel like AI art can make a genuine contribution in the indie space in the right hands.
That's definitely an AI art. I already dabbled on some myself. AI art can truly make a genuine contribution, but should not be replacing real artists.
Actually the same case with writing, you can now even automate the writing, but the devils are in the detail. You will still need to work hard to produce quality content.
I think, in the future, AI will deluge the market. As a consumer/customer we should be very careful and as a producer/maker we should make use of it, but don't depend on it because it can be gone in a minute, or you know that you will own nothing in the future?

sanahtlig

Jul 6, 2019
To add to my earlier post, AI art can assist with getting a project off the ground. A new dev is typically going to start with minimal financial resources and will often be working for free. Once the project shows financial viability, an artist can always be hired to fill out the concept art generated by AI. Quality art can be thought of as a "stretch goal" for projects that are more focused on the story or gameplay.

Admiral Wanker

Jul 1, 2019
Isnt just me or every AI art program that tries to emulate anime has the same style of render? I spotted the same render style in most gacha mobile games too.

Admiral Wanker

Jul 1, 2019
when several people feed their machines with the same kind of model you get the AI anime style that people points out a lot.

1.30 star(s) 3 Votes