igotnostuffs

Nov 10, 2019
Not just that, the reason the battlecommands aren't appearing (and someone uploaded the translated filenames) is because the game is looking for Com_Attack which doesnt exist since the orignal filename is just Com_攻撃. So you basically might have mistakenly... translated the filenames in scripts.

Edit: looked into it a bit, and I wouldn't blame you for making that mistake since you it is impossible NOT to make that mistake (without understanding how the whole scripting works) . The way the game searches for the battlecommand images is very convoluted.

Last edited:

Valornim

Sep 8, 2018
I am at a door asking me to suck it. I do, but she sucks it endlessly. It's continuously looping, and even pressing Enter to speed up, it doesn't end.

Jeyren

Oct 25, 2017
I found it, in the system.json, there is a field named 攻撃/Attack. Then the game take it somehow and search the file named Com_XXX. So translating it make it fail to locate the file. So i can either leave it be, or translate the variable and the file name. I'm quite sure it works the same for the others battle menu entries.

So what I'll do is translate the necessary filename. Because the variable used for finding the file is the same used as the title of the menu. So that way, the menu will be translated too. I don't know if I can redraw the battle pictures to translate them, I'll look into it and if it's simple enough, I'll do it

Last edited:
Reactions: eungieu
D

Deleted member 2264349

Lots of bugs right at the beginning. Also, on the door with a password and all the inputs are non-English characters.

Screenshot (13).png

Jeyren

Oct 25, 2017
Lots of bugs right at the beginning. Also, on the door with a password and all the inputs are non-English characters.

About that, it's on purpose. It's because of 2 factors. First I have no idea on how to translate the keyboard. Second I don't know how to change the anwser the game expect. So what I did was to left the answer in japanese in the hint you'll find. Think of it as a memory puzzle.

LonelyMad

Sep 29, 2019
in a battle i always getting a Failed to load: img/battlecommands/Com_Attack.png error
this error makes game unplayable

Jeyren

Oct 25, 2017
in a battle i always getting a Failed to load: img/battlecommands/Com_Attack.png error
this error makes game unplayable
If you go back one page, someone uploaded translated files that will work as a fix. I also did it on my end but will wait to have others bugs reported so I can also fix them and release one big bugfix

Reactions: LonelyMad

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
I found it, in the system.json, there is a field named 攻撃/Attack. Then the game take it somehow and search the file named Com_XXX. So translating it make it fail to locate the file. So i can either leave it be, or translate the variable and the file name. I'm quite sure it works the same for the others battle menu entries.

So what I'll do is translate the necessary filename. Because the variable used for finding the file is the same used as the title of the menu. So that way, the menu will be translated too. I don't know if I can redraw the battle pictures to translate them, I'll look into it and if it's simple enough, I'll do it
It has probably already been said but in the future never translate file names for images or anything. It will give you nothing but trouble. My rule of thumb has always been only translate what the player sees, not what they don't.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
OP updated with fresh links. I got myself into combat and didn't get any of the errors listed. Please quote me if any other bugfixes are released so I can update the OP in the future.

I have also linked the OP with srx47s fix for those of you who already downloaded the game. save yourself some effort and download the patch files instead of the game again.

files need to be placed in the following location:

princess escape > www > img >battlecommands

Just paste the new files in the folder. don't worry about deleting any of the existing ones, in fact don't delete anything from that folder.

Kaine1994

Nov 25, 2017
I like the premise, bitch just went to empower the troops that are fighting a war, like a decent human being and got herself in real F-cking trouble.

spacedog

Jun 17, 2017
About that, it's on purpose. It's because of 2 factors. First I have no idea on how to translate the keyboard. Second I don't know how to change the anwser the game expect. So what I did was to left the answer in japanese in the hint you'll find. Think of it as a memory puzzle.
So what's the password? I don't speak japanese.

MiquShiro

Oct 25, 2017
Im sure I already have it so what happened here?

You translated it more properly or something?

MiquShiro

Oct 25, 2017
how fix it?
If you paid some attention you'd see that there is a "COMBAT CRASH FIX" under the normal download and it says clear as day "/battlecommands/" in your screenshot so do some thinking and I think you'd realise what is wrong

2.60 star(s) 12 Votes