Ren'Py Abandoned Princess Tower [v0.12.public.3] [Euphemismus]

4.60 star(s) 48 Votes
Nov 24, 2019
That is a damn shame, and not something I was aware of - do you know a place/source where I can read more about the details of it? I might have to cancel some pledges and bump up some others, though I don't like the thought.
Right now, should pretty much summarize the taxes.
There is also which is no longer offered but is still active for some Patrons - it was the original plan (and the one I know slightly more about), it has a fixed tax instead of a "flexible" one. It is worse if you have more under-$3-patrons and better if you have the opposite.
(That special plan has/used-to-have everything from the "Pro" plan for 5% instead of 8%, so if someone with low income is making full use of tiers and they're old enough - they're likely using that one instead)

Patreon itself advises creators to make minimum tier $2; In the end, it is more on the creators to see what plan they took and how they've set it up, and decide how much they're willing to give to the banking system for their hard work.

PS. I'm not an expert and might be wrong concerning a few specific details, feel free to correct me if your knowledge is more accurate/up-to-date than mine.

Last edited:

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
Was 0.8 public version of the game supposed to be released on sunday or am I missing something?
Nope, next release is planned to have a longer development cycle - until end-of-December-ish. :)

And yeah, my minimum support was set to 3€ because when I set it to 1€, Patreon gave me a little notification that basically said "maybe not do that" so I didn't. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jan 17, 2018
Such a shame the game got stuck so quickly!

To have a game with a weekly update cycle was very cool, the anticipation was great, you didn't forget half the story between the updates. Two weeks is reasonable, i guess, but honestly we don't get that much content each update.

I really hope Euphemismus could get back to a stable two week cycle or a monthly cycle with more content. Really surprised to see no news here on on Patreon for so long!

Reactions: Ukesu

Coren

May 8, 2020
Such a shame the game got stuck so quickly!

To have a game with a weekly update cycle was very cool, the anticipation was great, you didn't forget half the story between the updates. Two weeks is reasonable, i guess, but honestly we don't get that much content each update.

I really hope Euphemismus could get back to a stable two week cycle or a monthly cycle with more content. Really surprised to see no news here on on Patreon for so long!
I was also surprised to see this thread not have much going on as well considering the quality thus far. He put a message up a bit ago saying he was recovering from a sickness. To be honest i'm not sure what his internet security really looks like.

I am guessing the holiday churn pushed the game down from latest updates way too fast. I'm still chilling on the board. I have seen other devs do a lot more work with a lot less substance.

Reactions: Hey you there boy

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Oh this game is absolutely not stuck in any permanent way. I was off for a while there due to medical reasons, though, yeah, sorry. :(

But I'm back now! The weekly standup posts are back on Patreon starting today! :)
Welcome back and wish you get well, your health should always be the first priority so we can wait a little bit until you have the strength to work again

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
Welcome back and wish you get well, your health should always be the first priority so we can wait a little bit until you have the strength to work again
Thanks a lot. :) But I already did that part, now is the time for work. :D

I gotta say that I'm glad that the positivity I've been trying to put out is being reflected back at me, everyone's been super supportive on Patreon and Discord and it's really taken a lot of stress off my mind.

asdffdsa1

Dec 1, 2018
Thanks a lot. :) But I already did that part, now is the time for work. :D

I gotta say that I'm glad that the positivity I've been trying to put out is being reflected back at me, everyone's been super supportive on Patreon and Discord and it's really taken a lot of stress off my mind.
You're game is just that amazing. I've never seen something like this done so well so take your time and the reward we get every update is long worth the wait.

Nevermourned

Aug 20, 2017
(Hello. Popping in to say that I've enjoyed what I've seen of this game. Normally, I am a completely dominant 'bleep' in games if I can be, however there are some exceptions. This is one of those where I want to be dominant, but also still be kind of nice? Because you've really made me sympathize with this princess. I mean dang... In any case, I'm looking forward to where this leads, finding out WHY the King and the Duke did what they did, and all that. So, I like it, and good luck!)

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
any more news on this?
Yep, I post weekly updates on Patreon. Work has been continuing full steam and after a whole buncha technical work and a whole buncha feature work, I'm setting my sights on writing and polish - the two last things that need to get done before release (no release date yet, tho!). Here's the cover image and its description that I included in last week's update:

18.jpg
"New Ari call menu with a poorly located "/" in there. This reveals some of the methods I've planned for interaction with Ari, which will already be relevant in a new game of v.0.9, even if the storyline will end at the same point as v.0.8"

Thanks for showing interest! :)

Xam Rei

Aug 14, 2020
There is a new planned release date : 2021-03-11.

Does someone know if this release will be the release of the first complete version of the game (1.0) or another partial release (0.8 or 0.9) ?

(By the way, if Euphemismus ever reads this comment : keep up the good work man, your game is easily in my top 3 of adult games I have ever played. You have no idea how much some of us look up on you... The way you portray how the MC tantalazingly heats up the princess who is kept under chastity is... sublime!)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Euphemismus

spam753

Aug 6, 2017
Does someone know if this release will be the release of the first complete version of the game (1.0) or another partial release (0.8 or 0.9) ?

(By the way, if Euphemismus ever reads this comment...)
It does not sound like there will be a complete version for a while, this game is in the early stages.

And btw, Euphemismus seems to read every comment here, check the post two above yours for example ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Euphemismus

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020

(By the way, if Euphemismus ever reads this comment : keep up the good work man, your game is easily in my top 3 of adult games I have ever played. You have no idea how much some of us look up on you... The way you portray how the MC tantalazingly heats up the princess who is kept under chastity is... sublime!)
spam753 had the right of it, 1.0 is far away - this will be v.0.9 and version number points aren't decimal points, so v.0.9 is followed by v.0.10 and then v.0.11.

And I did read the comment and thanks a lot for the kind words, I'm always very happy to read any. :)

Also:
*sweats profusely*

Xam Rei

Aug 14, 2020
Yeah, I was right to be worried about the release date. I just pushed it back two days. :(

NEW RELEASE DATE: Thursday 2021-03-13

I promise this isn't just an extremely elaborate attempt to get people used to the (superior) ISO 8601 date format
Relax man. I don't think anyone needs another reminder than a late game is always better than a bad game after the recent fiasco of Cyberpunk 2077.

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
v09.jpg
v.0.9 public (yes) release!

Get it at:

MEGA - -

v.0.9 is such a massive change that I've decided to release it as a public version. v.0.8 would have reached the same point in the story but just... been a worse game :D

v.0.9

tl;dr:
- Mechanically, the daily loop is almost completely different
- Content ends at about the same point
- Something like 30% of the dialogue until end-of-content is rewritten to some extent
- I recommend playing through the intro again - it has fewer changes than elsewhere, but still
(Renpy's skipping system *should* be working fine during the intro so you can skip the stuff you've seen)

Content:
- All of the content is now accessible through all paths.
- The ⛓ and ♥ paths are now trying to move towards slightly different goals - ♥ is about Ari being pleasured, ⛓ is about Ari pleasuring Frim
- the different paths are now also trying to give Ari *slightly* different motivations so
- There are a few extra Temperaments (eg. - Ari is horny af) and a bunch of places where that causes a variation in the scene
- There's some completely new dialogue scenes added inbetween existing stuff, eg:
- The pacing of how Ari becomes friendly is a lot smoother (but not actually slower, just... I wrote it better this time)
- Frim is less *unnecessarily* mean - I feel like I really wasn't considering sub-y players enough and failed to make Frim an attractive dom (tho I guess tastes vary)
- Some new rules and repeatable daily actions (demanding Ari show her panties is now a daily event)
- Tiny tutorial animations for the tools in interactive h-scenes! *Way* too many people were having trouble with them to not fix this.

Changes:
- *HEAVILY* changed how the mechanics of the daily loop work:
- It's more-or-less rebuilt from the ground up. Any similarities with v.0.8 are more happenstance than things purposefully left in.
- Explaining all of the changes is basically like trying to form an exhaustive feature list, which is nah dawg, I'm not doing that
- Heavily changed the basic progress path (including quests) that the player goes through and how all of the scenes are accessed.
- The number of quests changed from 3 to 7, of which only the intro remains with the same name and progression as before
- Cut *a lot* of existing dialogue/text, focusing on two areas:
- Any text that's repeated a lot is shorter (eg. paperwork infraction dialogue went from 14 lines to 8)
- What used to be the quest A Gentle Touch was heavily gutted because:
- it was a severe problem with the pacing of how Ari becomes friendly
- the ⛓ path was giving Ari the same reasons to give in as the ♥ path, this was replaced for v.0.9 so the paths work better in parallel

internal:
- removed a lot of spaghetti code
- added a lot of spaghetti code

known issues:
- there's a small visual glitch when rubbing areas that have been spanked red
- sometimes there's a visual glitch that leaves the ruler visible when the ruler tool is disabled
- rollback and rollforward during interactive h-scenes can cause issues (I'm having a devil of a time fighting this)
- the backend has a massive amount of dead code that was left in due to crunch. I absolutely do not recommend looking at it.

Shipfu

Mar 20, 2020
View attachment 1083020
v.0.9 public (yes) release!

Get it at:

MEGA - Win/Linux - Mac

v.0.9 is such a massive change that I've decided to release it as a public version. v.0.8 would have reached the same point in the story but just... been a worse game :D

v.0.9

tl;dr:
- Mechanically, the daily loop is almost completely different
- Content ends at about the same point
- Something like 30% of the dialogue until end-of-content is rewritten to some extent
- I recommend playing through the intro again - it has fewer changes than elsewhere, but still
(Renpy's skipping system *should* be working fine during the intro so you can skip the stuff you've seen)

Content:
- All of the content is now accessible through all paths.
- The ⛓ and ♥ paths are now trying to move towards slightly different goals - ♥ is about Ari being pleasured, ⛓ is about Ari pleasuring Frim
- the different paths are now also trying to give Ari *slightly* different motivations so
- There are a few extra Temperaments (eg. - Ari is horny af) and a bunch of places where that causes a variation in the scene
- There's some completely new dialogue scenes added inbetween existing stuff, eg:
- The pacing of how Ari becomes friendly is a lot smoother (but not actually slower, just... I wrote it better this time)
- Frim is less *unnecessarily* mean - I feel like I really wasn't considering sub-y players enough and failed to make Frim an attractive dom (tho I guess tastes vary)
- Some new rules and repeatable daily actions (demanding Ari show her panties is now a daily event)
- Tiny tutorial animations for the tools in interactive h-scenes! *Way* too many people were having trouble with them to not fix this.

Changes:
- *HEAVILY* changed how the mechanics of the daily loop work:
- It's more-or-less rebuilt from the ground up. Any similarities with v.0.8 are more happenstance than things purposefully left in.
- Explaining all of the changes is basically like trying to form an exhaustive feature list, which is nah dawg, I'm not doing that
- Heavily changed the basic progress path (including quests) that the player goes through and how all of the scenes are accessed.
- The number of quests changed from 3 to 7, of which only the intro remains with the same name and progression as before
- Cut *a lot* of existing dialogue/text, focusing on two areas:
- Any text that's repeated a lot is shorter (eg. paperwork infraction dialogue went from 14 lines to 8)
- What used to be the quest A Gentle Touch was heavily gutted because:
- it was a severe problem with the pacing of how Ari becomes friendly
- the ⛓ path was giving Ari the same reasons to give in as the ♥ path, this was replaced for v.0.9 so the paths work better in parallel

internal:
- removed a lot of spaghetti code
- added a lot of spaghetti code

known issues:
- there's a small visual glitch when rubbing areas that have been spanked red
- sometimes there's a visual glitch that leaves the ruler visible when the ruler tool is disabled
- rollback and rollforward during interactive h-scenes can cause issues (I'm having a devil of a time fighting this)
- the backend has a massive amount of dead code that was left in due to crunch. I absolutely do not recommend looking at it.
Cheers for the public release Euphemismus <3
Time for some magic.

4.60 star(s) 48 Votes