Ren'Py Abandoned Princess Tower [v0.12.public.3] [Euphemismus]

4.60 star(s) 48 Votes

Fuffa69

Apr 11, 2018
Are you sure you guys are using the hotfix version? I just noticed the front page has the non-hotfix version, I'll change that in a bit.

Also, I'll repeat a temporary fix:
Open the console with shift+o and copypaste "sys.setrecursionlimit(10000)" (without the quotation marks) in there, then press enter. It might not fix the issue, but it should help.
Thanks, this solved it for me.

torrenthound2609

Nov 18, 2018
I've reached chains level 3 but my heart level is still at 0. I can't increase the heart even though I reach an arousal level of 3 in the H-scene. Can someone help?

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
Thanks for the positive feedback! :)

I've reached chains level 3 but my heart level is still at 0. I can't increase the heart even though I reach an arousal level of 3 in the H-scene. Can someone help?
This is kind of a major bug that someone reported for the v.0.10 beta, but for some reason it was never reported for v.0.9, weird.
I'm going to have a bugfix up for v.0.9 ASAP (today-or-tomorrow) which should fix it and unstick any savefiles that have become stuck.
Thanks for the bug report, I wouldn't have known to fix it for v.0.9! :)

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
v.0.9.3 released!

Get it at:

MEGA - -

Bugfixbugfixbugfixbugfix!

v.0.9.3 changelog:

Bugfixes:

• Fixed major bug that caused players to get stuck when starting ♥ path after finishing ⛓ path.
  • Implemented a feature to unstick players who had savegames already affected by above bug.

Sep 29, 2017
v.0.9.3 released!

Get it at:

MEGA - Win/Linux - Mac

v.0.9.3 changelog:

Bugfixes:

• Fixed major bug that caused players to get stuck when starting ♥ path after finishing ⛓ path.
  • Implemented a feature to unstick players who had savegames already affected by above bug.
Getting this on linux when trying to do punishments -- loaded my .9 save. Can't seem to get the game to progress past where I currently am. I keep loading back earlier and earlier without much success.
Code:
Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts_content/daily_loop.rpy", line 44, in script call
    call q_se1_activation_label
  File "game/scripts_content/daily_loop.rpy", line 29, in script call
    call screen imagemap_study_nightly
  File "game/scripts_mechanical/characters/ari_call_menu.rpy", line 17, in script call
    call screen ari_call_menu
  File "game/scripts_content/ari_stuff/punish_action.rpy", line 14, in script call
    call punish_scene
  File "game/scripts_content/ari_stuff/punish_action.rpy", line 75, in script call
    call bent_over_basic_scene
  File "game/scripts_mechanical/h_scenes/bent_over/bent_over_labels.rpy", line 12, in script call
    call screen bent_over_screen(bent_over_freeze_frame)
  File "game/scripts_mechanical/h_scenes/h_scene_labels.rpy", line 92, in script call
    call max_fire_spank_recurring
  File "game/scripts_content/h_specials/recurring_labels.rpy", line 33, in script
    show screen spank_freeze_frame("")
  File "/home/steelbro/Games/Princess_Tower-v.0.9.3-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "/home/steelbro/Games/Princess_Tower-v.0.9.3-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/steelbro/Games/Princess_Tower-v.0.9.3-pc/renpy/statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 510, in execute_show_screen
    renpy.show_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/steelbro/Games/Princess_Tower-v.0.9.3-pc/renpy/display/screen.py", line 1107, in show_screen
    raise Exception("Screen %s is not known.\n" % (name[0],))
Exception: Screen spank_freeze_frame is not known.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts_mechanical/characters/ari_call_menu.rpy", line 17, in script call
  File "game/scripts_content/ari_stuff/punish_action.rpy", line 14, in script call
    call punish_scene
  File "game/scripts_content/ari_stuff/punish_action.rpy", line 75, in script call
  File "game/scripts_mechanical/h_scenes/bent_over/bent_over_labels.rpy", line 12, in script call
  File "game/scripts_mechanical/h_scenes/h_scene_labels.rpy", line 92, in script call

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
Getting this on linux when trying to do punishments -- loaded my .9 save. Can't seem to get the game to progress past where I currently am. I keep loading back earlier and earlier without much success.
Dammit, yes, that's a piece of the puzzle for the same bug that v.0.9.3 was fixing. Thanks for the bug report, I'll try to get a hotfix out ASAP! :)

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
I'm glad you're responsive and easy to report bugs to :)
Yay, people care. :D

Speaking of which,

v.0.9.4 patch released!

Get it at:

MEGA - -

v.0.9.4 changelog:

Bugfixes:
- Fixed major bug/crash that was revealed by 0.9.3

Known issues:
- The tool tutorial animations are stuck on the first frame. This is already fixed in the v.0.10 beta

Sep 29, 2017
Yay, people care. :D

Speaking of which,

v.0.9.4 patch released!

Get it at:

MEGA - Win/Linux - Mac

v.0.9.4 changelog:

Bugfixes:
- Fixed major bug/crash that was revealed by 0.9.3

Known issues:
- The tool tutorial animations are stuck on the first frame. This is already fixed in the v.0.10 beta
Hey I'm still having the same error?

Code:
Full traceback:
    call punish_scene
  File "/home/steelbro/Games/Princess_Tower-v.0.9.4-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "/home/steelbro/Games/Princess_Tower-v.0.9.4-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/steelbro/Games/Princess_Tower-v.0.9.4-pc/renpy/statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/steelbro/Games/Princess_Tower-v.0.9.4-pc/renpy/display/screen.py", line 1107, in show_screen
    raise Exception("Screen %s is not known.\n" % (name[0],))

While running game code:
    call punish_scene
On linux, use this save, and get the arousal punishment up to max.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Euphemismus

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
v.0.9.5 patch released!

Get it at:

MEGA - -

It's all bugfixes. Getting kind of riled up about how many bugs v.0.9 introduced, tbh.

v.0.9.5 changelog:
Bugfixes:
- Fixed major bug/crash that was revealed by 0.9.3 and somehow still slipped into v.0.9.4
- Fixed issue: sometimes wrong scene would play when reaches + ⚖
- Small editorial fixes (stuff like typos and grammar and lines I wasn't happy with)

Known issues:

4.60 star(s) 48 Votes