Ren'Py Abandoned Princess Tower [v0.12.public.3] [Euphemismus]

4.60 star(s) 48 Votes

MausMaus

Aug 2, 2018
I am unable to reproduce this issue. The file is... right there.
It was working at first, then as I was playing began giving me the error.
I reextracted the game, into a new folder and was able to access it again. Not sure why the file would disappear, but was fine in the end.

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
v.0.9.2 released!

Get it at:

MEGA: -

So I've had multiple reports of crashes caused by a missing "icons/clock.png" file, but I can't reproduce it. When I extract the pc dist, it's... right there. I never get this error. I can't see how anyone could get this error. Maybe it's an OS thing? I tried to fiddle with it, but I have no idea if that helped or not because I can't reproduce the issue to check.

v.0.9.2

Bugfixes:
- Fixed issue where max bang interjection would not show up
- Fixed issue where it was possible to have 'Of Magics and Mountain Copper" start twice
- Tried to fix issue where people had an image file that renpy could not find, but I'm kind of flying blind on that one
- Removed ~20mb from the ~80mb download that was caused by me not correctly understanding how to tell Renpy to ignore files when building the distro

Reactions: Mystermask

Frim der Wel

Nov 29, 2020
Love the writing, the humor, the atmosphere, the worldbuilding.
The art is cute and endearing. In 0.9, I had not too much problem finding out how to whack with a ruler (there was some confusion and complaint about that, maybe this could be improved a bit; but I would definitely prefer if the developer invested his time in, e.g., adding content instead). Apart from that the whole interface is intuitive and fits well to the atmosphere.

Thank you Euphemismus for giving us this great game.

Well, after the praise let's get to the wish list: I would love to see substantially different endings (even if only in the form of prose epilogues) depending on choices in the game (currently it seems that more or less one story development is planned, with different attitudes / behavior of the protagonists but no dramatic change in outcome?) I find that both MC and princess are great protagonists you can relate to; and while the (really well written) backstory is on the bleak side and the MC understandably cynical, there still seems to be potential for more than one development of the story.

So while others have praised the (potential for) real trainer mechanics as opposed to VN-storytelling, and while the author seems to spend much of his time (hopefully not sanity) to write a non-VN in renpy, I for one would be perfectly happy with a lot more story; to the extent that I would actually much prefer to have different storylines where any actual fucking only happens in the prologue of some of the endings, as opposed to a game where you work until you have enough credit for a multitude of views of multitudes of penetrations with multitude objects of various orifices, and the games ends with the unlocking of the elusive "anal double fisting while submerged in jelly achievement" or whatever and does not offer any real story development / explanation / expansion of the background.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Euphemismus

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
try redownloading the game and copying the clock.png file into the directory it's missing from?
I checked my 0.9.1 version the file was named there "_clock.png" I delete the "_" after it works fine.

Last edited:

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
v.0.9.2.hotfix1 released!

Get it at:
MEGA: -

v.0.9.2.hotfix1
Bugfixes:
- For some reason the line responsible for the recursion bug had reverted? :(

Frim der Wel

Nov 29, 2020
I never intended this to be a plot point - Frim already has the key
I think the story would work even better if he did not. E.g., it was lost in the war, and Frim would now have to invest considerable energy (grind?) and all his magic-skills to create one. This way Frim would first have to get Princess (to admit that) she actually wants out of it (in the current situation with Frim in control, that is); and then Princess would have to convince (over some time?) Frim to invest the energy to make it happen.

cakirs

Aug 1, 2017
Ther are still bugs whit saves, you can't save at certian points. The writing is humorous, it's not over grindy so far we'll se what the future holds. So far i looks like a good game.

Xam Rei

Aug 14, 2020
Ther are still bugs whit saves, you can't save at certian points. The writing is humorous, it's not over grindy so far we'll se what the future holds. So far i looks like a good game.
Ah ! I'm happy I'm not the only one who encountered this bug!

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
Well, after the praise let's get to the wish list: I would love to see substantially different endings (even if only in the form of prose epilogues) depending on choices in the game (currently it seems that more or less one story development is planned, with different attitudes / behavior of the protagonists but no dramatic change in outcome?)
More or less one story development, yes, but there's room for stuff like different endings. I'm letting the story develop for now before I decide on what I'll do for endings.
Half of that is stuff I don't want to reveal yet, the other half is stuff I haven't entirely decided on. :D
But if you're worried that this is leading to some really dark ending, don't. I don't plan for the fairly lighthearted tone to take a sudden dive at the end.
And I think Ari still very much wishes to put up some facade of pretense of not wanting release, even if it's very obviously not true. The process of admitting it to herself and then admitting it to someone other than herself are both significant conflicts for her that I want to have fun playing out.
Ah ! I'm happy I'm not the only one who encountered this bug!
:unsure:
Still the same "recurson limit reached" error message? I'm not getting it at all right now, not even if I lower my recursion limit.
For whatever reason I cant get either the "goes to bed frustrated" or the "Needs 2 infractions" to trigger
I have the same problem...
I'm not able to reproduce any bugs regarding this right now, both of those seem to trigger for me.
Well, I am terrible at this but did one nevertheless. Maybe the developer can provide a better banner?
(I followed the description here and uploaded the banner here.
Nice, that's really cool!
I unfortunately don't have the time to create any myself, so it's nice to see one made by someone else. :)

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
Are you sure you guys are using the hotfix version? I just noticed the front page has the non-hotfix version, I'll change that in a bit.

Also, I'll repeat a temporary fix:
Open the console with shift+o and copypaste "sys.setrecursionlimit(10000)" (without the quotation marks) in there, then press enter. It might not fix the issue, but it should help.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 48 Votes