Ren'Py Abandoned Princess Tower [v0.12.public.3] [Euphemismus]

4.60 star(s) 48 Votes

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
Hey I'm still having the same error?
Thanks for the error report!
Of course people care, your game is amazing! I'm very happy to see you keep going even with all the hardships of game development you have to struggle with! ^^

And don't forget this is the internet: for every person that interacts, there are 100 people lurking in the shadows who care just as much.
Thanks a lot for the the support! :)

Reactions: sweetit

S - Boy

Sep 14, 2020
v.0.9.5 patch released!

Get it at:

MEGA - Win/Linux - Mac

It's all bugfixes. Getting kind of riled up about how many bugs v.0.9 introduced, tbh.

v.0.9.5 changelog:
Bugfixes:
- Fixed major bug/crash that was revealed by 0.9.3 and somehow still slipped into v.0.9.4
- Fixed issue: sometimes wrong scene would play when reaches + ⚖
- Small editorial fixes (stuff like typos and grammar and lines I wasn't happy with)

Known issues:
- The tool tutorial animations are stuck on the first frame. This is already fixed in the v.0.10 beta
Yeah, thank you

Sep 29, 2017
v.0.9.5 patch released!

Get it at:

MEGA - Win/Linux - Mac

It's all bugfixes. Getting kind of riled up about how many bugs v.0.9 introduced, tbh.

v.0.9.5 changelog:
Bugfixes:
- Fixed major bug/crash that was revealed by 0.9.3 and somehow still slipped into v.0.9.4
- Fixed issue: sometimes wrong scene would play when reaches + ⚖
- Small editorial fixes (stuff like typos and grammar and lines I wasn't happy with)

Known issues:
- The tool tutorial animations are stuck on the first frame. This is already fixed in the v.0.10 beta
Updates fixed it. Got through all content. No major bugs.
I can buy the last two upgrades repeatedly though. The wax and skirt refusal.
Good update

fznayr

Jan 16, 2020
@Euphemismus
Just dropping by to say this is a fantastic game and looks incredibly promising. And it looks like you are pretty consistently engaged with the folks here. You've earned yourself a shining review and a new patreon sub. I'll be looking forward to the completion of this game and your next works. Keep it up!

Xam Rei

Aug 14, 2020
Euphemismus has been silent since the start of June. I hope he's alright...

Last edited:

n0b0di

Nov 17, 2017
just discovered this game yesterday, and played all the way. Short, but seems promising, i like the denial play.

Nizko

Jul 18, 2020
Damn just when it started to get good suddenly the story's progression states to be over for now until later versions. Jee, too bad.

maesterlecter

Apr 27, 2021
Really liking the game so far
Hoping it doesn't get abandoned
The developer just posted an update on their Patreon, so I don't think you need to worry too much that it's being abandoned! I've copied the update here (it's available publicly on their Patreon page):

cover image: bluh bluh placeholder text bluh bluh
Despite the silence (more on that at the end), work has never entirely stopped. The new update is going to be significantly larger than usual (maybe 2x other updates). The story is finally at about the place where I can start loosening up linearity, which means that I can have more optional routes and more reactive content without bloating stuff up and slowing down the pace. As an example of how that works, all of the four upgrades in the cover image can be obtained immediately on reaching ♥ level 4, but 2 of them have additional requirements which that player might not have reached (and, uh, don't get too excited about the one with the potion icon, I added that as something most players probably won't bother with). If there are any the player has not unlocked, the quest description will fill its intended role of written walkthrough and spoil everything.
The current state of the update is that I've recently started drawing the visual content for the update. Usually that means I've finished writing, but this time, uh... the writing has been much less of a straightforward process. Not in the sense that I've been struggling, I quite literally mean that writing is usually a very direct step-by-step process for me but this time I've ended replacing every line and every story beat in a scene without ever actually making a decision to rework the scene. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh, and as can be seen from the image, the code side of new upgrades is now done. Adding an upgrade isn't necessarily difficult, but I had fun discovering that I had hard-coded the existing potion as the only possible potion in the game.
---
Okay, so, the silence - my mental health has been a lot of hard work for many years now, and I'm pretty okay with where I am, but... I can't really promise that I'm terribly stable. Which is not really a problem for me, but it might be a problem for you if you're considering supporting. If you want to support, keep in mind that I might occasionally more-or-less disappear (but never permanently); and it's *completely reasonable* if this changes your mind and you choose not to support because of it.
I guess that's a disclaimer I should have added a long time ago, but, well, better late than never. I want to comment that my cheery positive attitude has been entirely sincere, though - I always try to find joy wherever I can. :)
Hopefully I'll see you next week.

Last edited:

Saligia

May 12, 2017
So, this is one of those low-key games that I check back on every other week or so.

Updates are slow, the art is pretty solidly above average and while nothing overly sexual happens in the current version of the game, the whole situation seems to be going for a slow burn to start with so that's not exactly something that bothers me. (in fact, the opposite is generally a hard turn-off for me, getting the characters to fuck with no effort or development on either side is awful)

But I have to say that this game probably has the best writing of any game on this site, miles ahead of anything else I can think of.

I didn't really have somewhere I was going with this, I have no idea if the game developer still checks this thread or not, but god-damn the writing of this game is fucking amazing. It's seriously the best.

Ah well, here's to hoping the dev will feel better mentally.

4.60 star(s) 48 Votes