Ren'Py Abandoned Princess Tower [v0.12.public.3] [Euphemismus]

4.60 star(s) 48 Votes

Zaq Reman

Jan 28, 2018
I think I'm stuck. I wanted to go chains path, spent my initial upgrade on talking about storming out, then bought the warning upgrade. I don't have enough to unlock the talk that moves the plot forward and I can't figure out how to get 2 infractions to let me earn more chains.

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
question in terms of pathing: is the magics and mountain copper quest supposed to launch twice if you elect to raise heart to 1 immediately after raising chain to 1, or vice versa? it seems like there's an assumption in the quest logic that you won't do that even though there's nothing forbidding it mechanically.

anyway it didn't seem to break anything by doing so but it did repeat scenes.
It's suppoed to sort of... "stay launched" instead of launching twice. The logic should account for that, and I did test it, but I'll have to review if I missed anything.

You have something really special starting here. The combination of trainer and touch-feel elements are something I've wanted to see for a long time. Writing is obviously, as many have said, top notch, the girl is cute, and the game is well paced. Keep it up dude!

Also, I got an error message when I pulled Ari's skirt back down during a quest event. Don't remember which one but it was relatively early in the game I believe.
Thanks a lot! :) I'll take a look if I can reproduce the error you describe.

I think I'm stuck. I wanted to go chains path, spent my initial upgrade on talking about storming out, then bought the warning upgrade. I don't have enough to unlock the talk that moves the plot forward and I can't figure out how to get 2 infractions to let me earn more chains.
If you talked about storming out, then that conversation should immediately add 2 infractions on conclusion that stick around until you reach ⛓ level 1.

Zaq Reman

Jan 28, 2018
If you talked about storming out, then that conversation should immediately add 2 infractions on conclusion that stick around until you reach ⛓ level 1.
It left me with 3 Chains, but out of curiosity I then spent 2 unlocking warnings, leaving me with 1, not enough to unlock either the chastity belt convo or the daily tasks that it turns out could also give me more chains. It's easy enough to avoid now that I've played a bit more, just unlock daily tasks ASAP, but does seem possible to get stuck if you're suboptimal enough.

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
It left me with 3 Chains, but out of curiosity I then spent 2 unlocking warnings, leaving me with 1, not enough to unlock either the chastity belt convo or the daily tasks that it turns out could also give me more chains. It's easy enough to avoid now that I've played a bit more, just unlock daily tasks ASAP, but does seem possible to get stuck if you're suboptimal enough.
Oh, you can earn additional chains fragments (the little currency with the green square) through punishment, infinitely, and from there you can purchase the warning punishment which allows infinite heart fragments. Suboptimal play can need a bit of grinding (which is purposeful design - an optimal grindless path should also be possible), but it shouldn't get permanently stuck.

ThalesTR

Dec 22, 2019
This is geniunly such a great game, I've never been into Powerplay or submissives, but this is so fun to play, I'm a fan of the teasing rather than just going to sex right off the mark since it helps build up the final pay-off, Can't wait to see more, I really hope you get much more attention and support to this great game

• Red Heart
Reactions: Euphemismus

Zaq Reman

Jan 28, 2018
Oh, you can earn additional chains fragments (the little currency with the green square) through punishment, infinitely, and from there you can purchase the warning punishment which allows infinite heart fragments. Suboptimal play can need a bit of grinding (which is purposeful design - an optimal grindless path should also be possible), but it shouldn't get permanently stuck.
In that situation I couldn't get infinite fragments through punishment, because her max pain was 3 and I had level 1 chains and could generate 1 infraction on-demand. Couldn't unlock her refusing to show her panties to get 2 infractions in a day and let me max out that gauge.

mczdeb

Sep 26, 2019
How to obtain chains fragments? I can't stock infractions, every morning they count drop to 0. In tutorial mentioned that I need to punish her with 3 infractions to earn chains fragments. I need them to talk about chastity belt. Hearts fragments are way easier to obtain. I have both hearts and chains on lvl 1.

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
mostly bug fix right ?
Yup, v.0.9.1 is basically all bugfixes.
Hey, just wanted to drop by and give props for how startlingly well written this is. Powerplay isn't even a kink of mine and this kept me keen from start to finish simply by virtue of its good, clear and ultimately concise text. Really impressed.
Thanks a lot, I'm glad you appreciate my attempts to be concise. :)
This is geniunly such a great game, I've never been into Powerplay or submissives, but this is so fun to play, I'm a fan of the teasing rather than just going to sex right off the mark since it helps build up the final pay-off, Can't wait to see more, I really hope you get much more attention and support to this great game
That's the second post in a row saying they liked the game despite not being into it's kinks, thanks, I consider that a very significant compliment. :)
In that situation I couldn't get infinite fragments through punishment, because her max pain was 3 and I had level 1 chains and could generate 1 infraction on-demand. Couldn't unlock her refusing to show her panties to get 2 infractions in a day and let me max out that gauge.
:eek:
You're right, I've introduced an issue with v.0.9.1 which causes the "please stop, also here's a bunch of chains fragments" interjection to never show up (by fixing a different thing). This will be fixed in v.0.9.2, which, I think, will be released tomorrow.
How to obtain chains fragments? I can't stock infractions, every morning they count drop to 0. In tutorial mentioned that I need to punish her with 3 infractions to earn chains fragments. I need them to talk about chastity belt. Hearts fragments are way easier to obtain. I have both hearts and chains on lvl 1.
See above.

To anyone stuck on this, you can open console with shift+o and copypaste "fragments["chains"] += 1" (without the outermost quotation marks) to add a chains fragment (or more, if you change the number in that line). This also works as a cheat, if you like - the other fragments can be added with "fragments["heart"]" and "fragments["coins"]".

I'm so glad I enabled the console for non-developer-mode...

drhotrod

Aug 18, 2019
That hand rubbing tool is so frustrating, can something be done to make it easier to use.

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
i feel the action commands for punishment could probably be reworked and add some arrows or what ever clearly telling you what you need to do

MausMaus

Aug 2, 2018
Exception error when entering upgrade menu
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'icons/clock.png'>:
  File "game/scripts_content/daily_loop.rpy", line 31, in script call
    call screen imagemap_study_daily
  File "game/scripts_mechanical/study_menu.rpy", line 5, in script
    call screen cabinet_menu
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'icons/clock.png'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts_content/daily_loop.rpy", line 31, in script call
    call screen imagemap_study_daily
  File "game/scripts_mechanical/study_menu.rpy", line 5, in script
    call screen cabinet_menu
  File "C:\mega downloads\Princess Tower-v 0 9 1-pc\Princess_Tower-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\mega downloads\Princess Tower-v 0 9 1-pc\Princess_Tower-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\mega downloads\Princess Tower-v 0 9 1-pc\Princess_Tower-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\mega downloads\Princess Tower-v 0 9 1-pc\Princess_Tower-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\mega downloads\Princess Tower-v 0 9 1-pc\Princess_Tower-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\mega downloads\Princess Tower-v 0 9 1-pc\Princess_Tower-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\mega downloads\Princess Tower-v 0 9 1-pc\Princess_Tower-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "C:\mega downloads\Princess Tower-v 0 9 1-pc\Princess_Tower-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "C:\mega downloads\Princess Tower-v 0 9 1-pc\Princess_Tower-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "C:\mega downloads\Princess Tower-v 0 9 1-pc\Princess_Tower-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "C:\mega downloads\Princess Tower-v 0 9 1-pc\Princess_Tower-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "C:\mega downloads\Princess Tower-v 0 9 1-pc\Princess_Tower-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 883, in render
    surf = render(d, rw, height - y, cst, cat)
  File "C:\mega downloads\Princess Tower-v 0 9 1-pc\Princess_Tower-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
    st, at)
  File "C:\mega downloads\Princess Tower-v 0 9 1-pc\Princess_Tower-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 925, in render
    surf = render(d, width - x, rh, cst, cat)
  File "C:\mega downloads\Princess Tower-v 0 9 1-pc\Princess_Tower-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 455, in render
    renders = [ render(i, renwidth, renheight, st, at) for i in children ]
  File "C:\mega downloads\Princess Tower-v 0 9 1-pc\Princess_Tower-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 774, in render
    rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)
  File "C:\mega downloads\Princess Tower-v 0 9 1-pc\Princess_Tower-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1127, in render
    st, at)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "C:\mega downloads\Princess Tower-v 0 9 1-pc\Princess_Tower-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "C:\mega downloads\Princess Tower-v 0 9 1-pc\Princess_Tower-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "C:\mega downloads\Princess Tower-v 0 9 1-pc\Princess_Tower-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "C:\mega downloads\Princess Tower-v 0 9 1-pc\Princess_Tower-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'icons/clock.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Princess Tower v.0.9.1
Thu Mar 18 20:47:56 2021

acer213

Sep 22, 2019
This is looking very promising, keep up the good work! I also want to echo the sentiment that the writing is incredibly good and I also really love the art aswell!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Euphemismus
4.60 star(s) 48 Votes