Ren'Py Abandoned Princess Tower [v0.12.public.3] [Euphemismus]

4.60 star(s) 48 Votes
Sep 29, 2017
I also have the same problem, as even though she had 2 infractions and I punished her to the discipline 4, it doesn't complete the quest to raise chain level.
I also have a problem where I gave her the potion, and don't punish her so she had restless sleep, but is also doesn't progress the quest to raise her heart level.
This was a bit finicky for me. The game plays better (it seems) from a new game and progressing things in as short of a time as possible.

Beyond that, I am stuck further in the "feel her up"punishment. It won't let me hit the continue button and I've exhausted all the places to touch ((and I did the one punishment))
Getting out of it required -- pain punish first, then touch, then redress. redress was being weird but managed to get an exception with doing stuff in a weird order just clicking around, and then ignored it, which then brought me to the end of the scene.

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
Okay so I've been away from F95 for a while, it's good to see that the post has been updated.

The current newest version is v.0.10.public.1 which might fix some of the bugs you've all been reporting:

I'd make a nicer post about it but I broke my hand yesterday and typing is hard rn. :(

Aroc

Jun 7, 2020
i dont get it, maybe its broken for me or i do something wrong.
i have both levels are 3, the chain and the heart.

The Quest says, to raise the heart to 4, i need to trigger "Restless sleep". Im doing it by give her the potion, on the next day make her not showing panties, then punish her and do nothing on it. wait another day and she will tell me she tried to touch herself. But ther heart level stays at 3?

Same for the Chain level:
To raise it to 4, she needs to have 2 active Infractions (let her mess up on the day and not showing panties). On the H-Scene, i hit her with the ruler until the left thingy goes up to 4, and i even get the message that "chain-level is raised to 4". and as soon i click on end, its on level 3 again.

What im doing wrong?

Edit:
A new save worked for the chain path. It seems the last quest in the prev update didnt raise the Star-Thingy to 5, it stayed at 4. And the dev changed that quest to raise it to 5. So all Savegames that are over that point are missing a Star, resulting not being able to progress with the story.

About the heart path - the quest still tells it should trigger her restsleep sleep. But I got the Message that im on the end of the game for this version?

Last edited:

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
Are you sure you're on the latest version? The bug you describe in the ⛓path was fixed in v.010.public.1 and in that version you should've got a notification from Mousey about all this. If you're not seeing it, I would be curious about the savegame if you're okay with sending it.

The heart path quest will stay on "trigger her restless sleep" after you reach the end of the ♥ path. You should've seen a punishment scene where she is demanded to demonstrate what she was doing - this is the capstone scene of the ♥ path and the end-of-content notice from Mousey should follow immediately after.

I should probably do something about the fact that the quest descriptions are just sort of left hanging once end-of-content is reached...

EDIT: er, I'm not sure why F95 is adding the broken image markers to unicode emojis but ok.

Nov 24, 2019
EDIT: er, I'm not sure why F95 is adding the broken image markers to unicode emojis but ok.
Well, it is trying to embed the image from joypixels ( ) and using the regular UTF-8 ("") as a fallback.

This being said, I'm not sure if it is F95Zone settings, some obscure quirk of the forum software (similar to how it automatically adds forum emotes), a mix of both, or the cellphone keyboard =)

Reactions: Euphemismus

Aroc

Jun 7, 2020
heyya. i played on 0.10.0, its the one that is linked in the first post in this thread. so could be that you fixed that in 0.10.1.

And about the Hearth-Path, though you could add a message like (done) after we got it. or (reached end for current version). just something to visually show its actually the end :D

To write something about the game itself:
- Story wise its nice to read, i dont feel too much text between actions
- Action wise, there could be a bit more. like its really, really slow. but will see how it goes into the rest of the game. its a "trainer"-type game, so its expected to be a bit grindy & slow
- The gameplay with the actions in the H-Scene are cool, but really bad described. that could need some rework for better understanding which symbol does what. The fact that you use symbols double (chain & heart are both a level-cap/quest and currency to buy) doesnt help with that

• Red Heart
Reactions: Euphemismus

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
Well, it is trying to embed the image from joypixels ( ) and using the regular UTF-8 ("") as a fallback.

This being said, I'm not sure if it is F95Zone settings, some obscure quirk of the forum software (similar to how it automatically adds forum emotes), a mix of both, or the cellphone keyboard =)
Curiously, I don't use a cellphone keyboard, just the windows "win key + ." combo. But, well, thanks for letting me know a bit about what's going on. :)

thepwnerer

Aug 20, 2021
Adore this so far. I could write a treatise, but I'll try and keep it brief:
  • The art style rules. Love the detail in the costumes; it feels unique to the little world you've created, but also rooted in some tangible history. Ari is adorable, enough said.
  • As others have said, the writing is sharp and full of character. I do think there's some room for improvement - there are times when the dialogue is a bit overwrought, to the extent that it doesn't sound like a conversation real humans would have. There's also the occasional line like "oh okay yes that's good to hear I really gotta go now tho bye" that doesn't quite land for me; I get what you're going for there, but by breaking the fourth wall I think you undercut the character a bit. I copyedit for a living, so I did also spot five or six punctuation and spelling mistakes - if you ever want someone to give those 30,000 words a once-over, it's on the house.
  • Neat worldbuilding. You could have just had the cauldron turn up, but that interaction helps to flesh out Frim's character. It's rare enough to actually make the MC in a trainer game a real character and not a cipher, but to make him vaguely interesting and empathetic deserves some kudos. Same deal with the little details about Ari's responsibilities and upbringing.
  • Perfect pacing so far. There will always be people who moan about trainers being slow, but the progression here feels realistic, and is well rationalized through the dialogue. I particularly love how instead of just negging or mind controlling or lying to Ari, Frim latches onto aspects of her personality, and slowly draws them out. You've outdone most other trainers in that sense - there's never a moment where Ari feels like she's acting wildly out of character as a means to advance the debauchery.
  • The humor feel natural. To rag on Akabur (whose games I enjoy), the constant winking at the player always feels like it exists to undercut the slightly sadistic premise, whereas it lends much more to the characterization here. I think that's why I didn't vibe with that one line above - I prefer the characters joking with each other to joking with me.
  • Interesting progression system. I did initially wonder if there was a distinct Love path and Discipline path, which would each have their own content and endgame, giving it more replay value. But I like the way the two marry together at present, and I'm not sure how you'd divorce them without drastically changing the tenor of the story. If that is ultimately in your plans, I wouldn't be upset either!
  • Other people have mentioned the symbols, which could do with an explainer, although I didn't think it was a huge issue. If I have one minor criticism at this stage, it's the resources. You can accrue more gold than you ever need in a few days, since there's only one thing to spend it on. The other points also mount up very quickly. I'm also not sure what the point of the 'erotic literature' daily task is at present, given that the potion + panty check gets you up to three, and one point doesn't seem enough to trigger anything. But it's nice flavor, and I'm guessing it will be useful later.
tl;dr keep up the good work, will try and chip in money soon. I'll condense that into a rating that people might actually read.

Last edited:

LadySigr

May 19, 2020
I have Version 0.10, the chain thingy is telling I need to raise the level, and the quest help is telling me to get the star thingy to 4, I need 2 infractions. I get 2 infractions, and when I go to spank her, on the top left bar it has the star symbol and I can reach the number 4, but nothing updates.

When I call her in, it tells me my Chain is Level 3, with a maximum star of 4. But how do I raise this?

spam753

Aug 6, 2017
1) I cannot brew the new Potion. If I try to select it it will always choose both of them and then brew the old one. This is not a big issue since you can complete the update without it.

2) Reading no longer increases arousal at all during daytime, after purchasing the upgrade. The tea on the evening before still works fine.

3) I could unlock and buy the 2nd panty upgrade twice. Unless it is two distinct upgrades with the same description. This did not seem to affect gameplay.

spam753

Aug 6, 2017
To anyone wondering: all three bugs I encountered are minor and not gamebreaking, so you do not have to wait for the update if you want to play now.

4.60 star(s) 48 Votes