4.60 star(s) 48 Votes

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
Then go get it!

v05v2.jpg

Version v.0.5.hotfix1 is released!
Important:
do not load v.0.4 saves, cross-version save compatibility is from v.0.5 *onwards*
Get it at:
MEGA: -
:

This one's a bit backstory-heavy. I'm happy with the writing and it's the right moment for this backstory dump, but it *is* a backstory dump. :D
v.0.5:
Content:
  • - Added a new heart level and a bit of a twist that accompanies it!
  • - A single new image of Ari revealing her chastity belt in PJs
  • - Total word count: from 11,819 to 14,461

Bugfixes:
  • - Removed some superfluous dialogue lines (oof, right in the word count! :( )
  • - General editorializing (fixing typos, messy sentences, etc. - this time)

Internal:
  • - Game saves should be cross-version compatible from this point on.
  • - Changed from Renpy 7.2 to 7.3, because I needed access to some of its features.

Last edited:

1zaza1

Oct 22, 2017

Got this when trying to get the new content. The remainder of the day, every menu was superimposed over the image of her bending over.

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020

Got this when trying to get the new content. The remainder of the day, every menu was superimposed over the image of her bending over.
Neat! That's a pretty significant visual bug and I immediately knew what was causing it, so I made a hotfix.

RegiZilla

Dec 17, 2018
"Oof, right in the word count."

Why do I keep grinning over these little comments in patch notes...?

Somebody make a signature for this game, Ari is too cute to not have one.

Edit: Wanted to mention that this game's lore and setting reminds me heavily of 'Tyranny' and that I the play the ost from that game while playing this... It fits way to well.

Last edited:

diestormlie

May 13, 2017
Always excited to see a new release for this game. It's nice to see another game here that has good dialogue to go with it's excellent art style. And funny in place, to boot!

Keep it up!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Euphemismus

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
I've got 23 chain fragments and 11 heart fragments, but nothing to spend them on ? (the two options from the first quest can't be bought a second time). I seem to be unable to progress. Any hints ?

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
Thanks for the positive feedback! :)

I've got 23 chain fragments and 11 heart fragments, but nothing to spend them on ? (the two options from the first quest can't be bought a second time). I seem to be unable to progress. Any hints ?
Jesus that's a lot of fragments. :D What does the Quest menu say at this point? The quest menu is intended to be a hintbook that should help even the "I just skipped all of the text" players through the game, so if you're finding it unhelpful, it would be good to know - maybe it needs to be added to.

Reactions: Breedthelove

EPGerhart

Dec 24, 2017
Quest Menu says
No Active Quests
Completed Quests
* Intro
* A Gentle Touch

Have I simply reached the end of the content ?

Edit: I found to progress that I needed to brew a second potion in the evening.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Oct 22, 2017
Excellent setup for the game and really good writing. This is one I'm gonna watch closely for when it starts accumulating a more substantive amount of content.

One criticism I would level is that going with the heart fragment path, it seems like Ari just immediately becomes quite friendly to you without much convincing, which seems a bit too easy, and takes some of the fun out of what is, in my opinion, the best part of these games, the early misgivings and transformations. When the game gets longer, it might be a good idea to pad out that part of the story a bit, to make Ari seem less like a pushover.

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
Excellent setup for the game and really good writing. This is one I'm gonna watch closely for when it starts accumulating a more substantive amount of content.

One criticism I would level is that going with the heart fragment path, it seems like Ari just immediately becomes quite friendly to you without much convincing, which seems a bit too easy, and takes some of the fun out of what is, in my opinion, the best part of these games, the early misgivings and transformations. When the game gets longer, it might be a good idea to pad out that part of the story a bit, to make Ari seem less like a pushover.
Thanks for the feedback, even the criticism! The middle-of-development-rework plans to reexamine - amongst other things - the pacing, pretty much exactly as you describe. It still might not end up as the best pacing, but eh, nothing is perfect and I'll use the lessons learned in my next game. :)

redhatter

May 24, 2017
I really enjoy the interactions between the two characters in this game it is a lot fun, it really reminds me of Witch trainer in the way it plays they are both really good, the art has a really nice unique style and the details on the characters is great.

But one thing witch trainer does better I think is the MC is hooded and allows you to be immersed in the game more, I don't really like how Frim looks and I kind of wish there was a way more mysterious looking characters or there was an option to remove his art from appearing when he speaks.

• Red Heart

alexrieper

Nov 21, 2017
But... but I was just starting to have fun with Ari! Joking aside, this is a neat little gem of a game. Can't wait to see what comes from it.
Thanks for the feedback, even the criticism! The middle-of-development-rework plans to reexamine - amongst other things - the pacing, pretty much exactly as you describe. It still might not end up as the best pacing, but eh, nothing is perfect and I'll use the lessons learned in my next game. :)
Pacing is always a hard balance to achieve in this medium. You either go too slow and blue ball for all foreseeable future or too fast and give out the candy like its meaningless. Either choice will alienate some people in either spectrum. Best of luck to you in this matter!

• Red Heart

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
v06beta1.jpg

Version v.0.6 is released to EVERYONE!
Get it at:
Itch.io:

Well if the last update was backstory-heavy, then this one contains a single scene that is all action (and immediately accessible if you reached end of content last version and start some new paperwork)! :D
v.0.6:
Content:
- Added one new scene.
- Added two more traditional CG-s for the new scene.
- Added a new character illustration variant of Ari showing her panties where she, uh, isn't wearing panties.
- Total word count: from 14,461 to 16,634
Bugfixes:
- General editorializing (fixing typos, messy sentence)

Euphemismus

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2020
As I keep saying - thanks for the feedback! :)

But one thing witch trainer does better I think is the MC is hooded and allows you to be immersed in the game more, I don't really like how Frim looks and I kind of wish there was a way more mysterious looking characters or there was an option to remove his art from appearing when he speaks.
It's kind of like how some RPGs have a named character you take control of (eg. The Witcher) and others give you a blank slate to create you own character (eg. Skyrim). Everyone has their preference regarding this, but Princess Tower is going for the former. :)
Somebody make a signature for this game, Ari is too cute to not have one.
I've always wondered about where those come from, it would be cool to see one :)

Reactions: apostatefarm
Feb 22, 2018
I waited until this had a few updates under its belt before I played, and I've enjoyed it very much. Nonplussed means confused, though.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
A very fun training game so far, the interact and the slow burn pacing was good so don't know why people say it was too quick? Overall and eventually, I would love and hope that couple next updates we could slowly have a more "spicy interaction" with the princess soon

• Red Heart

doctor32128

Jan 3, 2018
Spanking just doesn't progress. Either in prologue or if skipped it. No progress at all. Grabbed skirt with hand, chose ruler, spanked over million times at each area (found 4 areas). Nothing's happening. Bars at the left side doesn't move.

4.60 star(s) 48 Votes