Ren'Py Abandoned Princess Trainer: Jasmine [v0.7] [Studio Danza]

3.70 star(s) 3 Votes

KiaAzad

Feb 27, 2019
I know that all of you are frustrated with how slow this game moves, to be honest, I'm feeling the same. But there's little I can do to speed up the project.
I can keep hammering at the code, refining the game mechanisms more and more, but that would never cover for the story and art. With our lead artist tied up in the war, our initial budget empty and no writers onboard, My usual amount of work that goes into the it simply gets lost in the vast scope of the game.
Of course money solves most of those issues, however, I don't want to ask you for financial support with the current state of the game. But I can use some help with the writing if any of you want to help me with the story. Even one page of dialogue, a quest or even some item description can give the deve

KiaAzad

Feb 27, 2019
a remaster from akaburs princess trainer? it was a masterpiece from akabur. Will not be easy to top it
Not a remaster, it's a completly different game and story.
Been looking forward to another good trainer game,is their an Android version to be expected?
At some point in the future of course, alternatively, you can download the source from github and export an android build easily.
i can't even get passed the first 10.000 multiple questionnaire phase :KEK:
You've strayed from the main path and wondered into the wishes part, that portion of the game is not ready yet. Try paying attention to the first few choices. and there's a walk-through if you check the first folder.
There's a bunch of other disney chicks that need a game.
My initial plan was taking Jafar's lamp around the world and collecting princesses in his harem. But I don't think that's feasible anymore.
We all want to see princess Jasmine get fucked in front her prince.... but this game is a nonsense
When I've started the project, my assumption was: People would love playing a more sophisticated game, boy I was wrong. But don't worry, I have plan for you impatient ones.
Given the game follows the premise of the second movie, why did the creator choose the fish vendor as MC instead of Abis Mal?
Abismal was one of the considerations but ultimately, we've decided on a less prominent character to give the player a relatively blank slate. We ended up cutting out the middle man and place the player straight into the game though.
They even straight up called it Princess Trainer. That's some next level stuff.
We had other reasons to choose that name, unrelated Akabur's game. It was the perfect name, But people nagged me into changing it.

Reactions: Muchuu

KiaAzad

Feb 27, 2019
I love trainer games, plz don't keep the story short. art looks good tho
unfortunately, I'm a programmer, I can't write. We had to cut the story several times, and we might have to cut more and get straight to the sex scenes if we can't find writers.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
I've had the idea long before Akabur's game
kek. this is like a wow dev saying he had "the idea" first before that tolkien fellow.

in 2022, akabur's princess trainer is not that impressive. It has a bunch of serious flaws, some of which akabur addressed in his followup games in the years after.
what was amazing about it was how revolutionary it was when it first came out. Akabur is the father of the modern Trainer.
Also, akabur started out with flash too.

That said, there is nothing wrong with treading known ground. just so long as your execution is well done.

Reactions: LTBergamot

KiaAzad

Feb 27, 2019
kek. this is like a wow dev saying he had "the idea" first before that tolkien fellow.
When you're right, you're right. I don't have anything to back my words. And Akabur's game had it's own share of influence on my decisions. I'm just saying, it's not a copy of his game, despite the shared name.
mind control should be added
Perhaps in one of branches, or as a wish. in the main story-line we've tried to stay clear of excessive use of magic as a crutch to advance the plot.

Reactions: mrttao and ymudds

LTBergamot

Jun 20, 2018
We had other reasons to choose that name, unrelated Akabur's game. It was the perfect name, But people nagged me into changing it.
It's not necessarily bad to copy something successful, as long as no rules were broken. That's how everyone does everything anyways. Besides, calling it downright Princess Trainer is a ballsy move and I respect that.

Last edited:
Reactions: KiaAzad

KiaAzad

Feb 27, 2019
Will there be another version of the game ? Already 8 months have passed since the last update ?
For a behind the curtains explanation:
We have re-structured the game to a simpler format, for the fifth time, it's code is ready, but we're still having a hard time holding onto our artists and writers without enough money to pay for their hours.
Both of the core members of the project are still pushing it forward, but we had to limit working on it to our free time, since working and feeding our families take priority.
We have started on the wrong foot by going for the code first, and hoped for the other pieces to fall in place, they did while we had our initial budget, but we've neglected the most important piece that was the publicity and connecting to our audience.
You can help us gain some momentum by showing your support, even if it's only a comment on our patreon page or our discord server.

• Sad
Reactions: Back

Feyn

Sep 25, 2017
...but we're still having a hard time holding onto our artists and writers ...
I was about to say 'if it was easy everyone would do it', and it occurred to me AI may make the art part easy.

I wonder if AI will hit game dev like YouTube hit video content generation; such that there's a flood of new games b/c no one needs artists to get the exact picture they want, in the style they want.

KiaAzad

Feb 27, 2019
I wonder if AI will hit game dev like YouTube hit video content generation; such that there's a flood of new games b/c no one needs artists to get the exact picture they want, in the style they want.
We're already exploring how we can integrate AI in our workflow, to generate the art faster, got a couple of proof of concepts too, that we might reveal soon.

Reactions: Feyn and Varalaker
3.70 star(s) 3 Votes