Unreal Engine Project Extermination: Operation GroundZeroes [Phase 2 - 2023-07-16] [MATEYDEV]

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes

br0j0b69

May 28, 2022
Has the dev said if he will add the H scenes to the environment rather than transition from defeat to an entirely different place for the H scene? Also, we need jiggle.

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
Hope the eventual monster anims will be like this

LowLevelLesser

Feb 8, 2021
Hope the eventual monster anims will be like this
I mean, they've shown how capable they are of professional-quality animation and even having transitional animations instead of the usual "fade to black" transitions. They had stated at one point though that it's just not practical or worth the effort of making a full-sized game like that as it would be too much work and would take far too long unfortunately.

Their past tech demo: [Unreal Engine] - [Onhold] - Project Unknown: Section 7 [Test Version Update] [MATEYDEV] | F95zone

MoreNow

Nov 25, 2017
I mean, they've shown how capable they are of professional-quality animation and even having transitional animations instead of the usual "fade to black" transitions. They had stated at one point though that it's just not practical or worth the effort of making a full-sized game like that as it would be too much work and would take far too long unfortunately.

Their past tech demo: [Unreal Engine] - [Onhold] - Project Unknown: Section 7 [Test Version Update] [MATEYDEV] | F95zone
yeah that wasnt a tech demo, it was a game with 2 devs. Matto was one of the devs. i dont think the other dev was ever revealed and we also dont know who was doing what. I do believe he lost access to the development and started that 2D platformer game as a result (which was lost to "hard drive failure").

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Yeah, that's what i saw, too. He has never gotten any game to 70%.
Ya'll need to wake tf up and stop coddling the dev. how many games has he not finished? its crazy.
and just as a reminder, I'm one of his first 10 or 20 paid supporters and I still am. Not only because it barely costs anything, but because HIS ORIGINAL SHIT WAS SO GOOD, and now here we are, project number 4? or 5? with yet another ridiculous name version / project?

JUST FINISH WHAT YOU STARTED MATTO - A 3D 1ST PERSON SCIFI THRILLER WITH IN-GAME HCONTENT instead of this INSANELY ambitious project you have written paragraph after paragraph pertaining to LORE and ENEMIES - what a waste of time.

perhaps the most important comments I have read all over the Patreon and Discord:
The HScenes ALL take place in a room your character teleports to and it looks like this isnt going away - that this is the mechanic for hscenes and that's just what we are going to get, the end. Everyone is pretty damn disappointed you dont actually have the in-game hscenes and that teleporting not only breaks the flow of the gameplay and the excitement of the scenes, but the thriller vibe has been completely deflated. Sector/Section 7 is still the best version of whatever matto has created, but we must remember he did say there was another dev included in that and they parted ways.

70% completion will never happen. I can almost guarantee there will be no new hscenes, especially the quality we've been waiting for (section/sector 7 style).
yeah that wasnt a tech demo, it was a game with 2 devs. Matto was one of the devs. i dont think the other dev was ever revealed and we also dont know who was doing what. I do believe he lost access to the development and started that 2D platformer game as a result (which was lost to "hard drive failure").

MoreNow, if you are so frustrated, I can tell you that the door is there and you can leave whenever you want, no one is keeping you here, forget about this project, move on to a different one if this does not suit you...and yet you are here, actively rowing against, trying to convince people to do what you want with their time and money; why don't you just do yourself a favor and leave and go follow another project? A project that satisfy you, so that you can finally be satisfied with your life :)
Because, reality check, not everybody things like you...

May 25, 2017
The magical 2nd dev isn't real, they can't hurt you

Plot Twist: MoreNow is the second dev

FTFaceless

Jan 9, 2023
MoreNow, if you are so frustrated, I can tell you that the door is there and you can leave whenever you want, no one is keeping you here, forget about this project, move on to a different one if this does not suit you...and yet you are here, actively rowing against, trying to convince people to do what you want with their time and money; why don't you just do yourself a favor and leave and go follow another project? A project that satisfy you, so that you can finally be satisfied with your life :)
Because, reality check, not everybody things like you...
Still, he's not wrong about one thing: starting over and over again might end up scaring away most patrons, because they might lose hope of project ever being finished one day... just saying.

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Still, he's not wrong about one thing: starting over and over again might end up scaring away most patrons, because they might lose hope of project ever being finished one day... just saying.
Listen guys if you are worried that the project will not be completed and you don't want to support it you are free to go, no one is forcing you to give anything to his Patreon, but be the mature ones and stop spewing conspirational theories or hate or misinformation, we are not in middle school anymore (I hope you are not) and it's starting to get pathetic.

I can keep repeting over and over the same things, if you don't want to listen/believe/understand me it's fine, I can't do anything about it, but look at the steady progress and tell me with a straight face that he is not moving forward at a great pace...

I also want to add: this recurrent behaviour that plagues this thread, and that somethimes is brought on Discord too, is not helping this project getting completed any faster...do you think you would like to be constantly reminded that you couldn't deliver something you had been working on? and I used could with purpose, because there was an issue of hardware faliure, it's not something that Matt decided to do. So now, to all the few but noisy people who say that we are coddling the dev, we are simply helping a guy who WE believe has great talent move through all the shit that y'all throwing at him and deliver a game that, for me at least is dream-tier; if YOU don't believe that, it's fine, you are free, but pretty please with sugar on top gtfo, you're wasting everyone else's time and you really should find something better to do than ganking up on a guy who is trying to work at a game in peace...

NemesisOfLife

Jan 4, 2022
Listen guys if you are worried that the project will not be completed and you don't want to support it you are free to go, no one is forcing you to give anything to his Patreon, but be the mature ones and stop spewing conspirational theories or hate or misinformation, we are not in middle school anymore (I hope you are not) and it's starting to get pathetic.

I can keep repeting over and over the same things, if you don't want to listen/believe/understand me it's fine, I can't do anything about it, but look at the steady progress and tell me with a straight face that he is not moving forward at a great pace...

I also want to add: this recurrent behaviour that plagues this thread, and that somethimes is brought on Discord too, is not helping this project getting completed any faster...do you think you would like to be constantly reminded that you couldn't deliver something you had been working on? and I used could with purpose, because there was an issue of hardware faliure, it's not something that Matt decided to do. So now, to all the few but noisy people who say that we are coddling the dev, we are simply helping a guy who WE believe has great talent move through all the shit that y'all throwing at him and deliver a game that, for me at least is dream-tier; if YOU don't believe that, it's fine, you are free, but pretty please with sugar on top gtfo, you're wasting everyone else's time and you really should find something better to do than ganking up on a guy who is trying to work at a game in peace...
their behavior proves that they have been living for free whole life on parents money thats y they trashtalk when they r not satisfied just like they trashtalk to their parents when they dont fulfil their desires :FacePalm: its as if the dev is their dad

Megazombie15

Mar 20, 2022
People who don't pay for this content and go on the dev's discord to bitch are just losers, they are not paying for the Patreon anyway so just throw their opinions into the trash. It's literally worthless.

A guy who was developing a free emulator got tired of folks yelling at them and threatening them like psychotic, childish dickheads and so they cancelled the project. This happened not too long ago and it was pretty sad and pathetic that people felt the need to ruin a good thing.
It's the worst, open source software userbase can be the worst since money is usually not the motivator for the devs. People do that stuff in their free time if no company is invested in it. Usually a sense of community and collaboration is the only thing that is keeping it alive.
Which emulator project was it?

SlobberGoat

Jun 9, 2020
I've seen this kinda BS on WAAAAAY too many projects. The original creator has a vision, does the pitch and is successful. Then all the narcissists show up and...

"I want fishing in the game!!",

"I want dinosaurs that can fish in the game!!",

"I want futa dinosaurs that can fish in the game!!" etc..

and the dev folds like a bad poker hand, their vision is derailed and the project becomes a slow moving train wreck that grinds to a halt.

Most of our projects, we write for ourselves first, we build the tools we need or the games that we want to play. Devs seem to develop some kinda brain-rot and forget their original goal when they're exposed to social media platforms. It's sad to see. And the narcissists don't get that it's ok to suggest stuff that fits inside the original scope but making dumb out-of-context demands? Get out of here....

"Yeah, well... you go and write that game yourself. I'll wait" <---- (I've never seen a creator make that response yet...)

And then they come back with "I gave you my one dollar.. I command thee!!!"

Which is as absurd as buying a bus ticket and then demanding you drive the bus. You bought in to be a part of the journey...so sit down, talk quietly amongst yourselves and enjoy the ride ffs, or get off at the next stop.

4.40 star(s) 21 Votes