Skjall

Nov 4, 2017
Yes, but I don't understand. The person does not want to continue the bestiality, or does not want money.
The Dev wants both dogs and money. It's Patreon that doesn't. And to avoid Patreon just nuking the whole project into oblivion, workarounds need to be made.
Does this answer clarify things a little ?
Short edit.
Judging by past events, Mother Russia in her various incarnations wasn't necessary a benevolent and caring parent. In fact she acted like a stereotypical Karen more often than not.
No wonder people don't like her much. ;)
BUT the dog ban has nothing to do with Russia, but with Patreon's murky and arbitrary rules and bigotry.

Last edited:

Power Broker

Jan 9, 2018
Why is there so much whining about Patreon? There are patches for something like that, right? Or what is the problem??
Besides what Spfjolietjake said, in my experience the quality of writing deteriorates when you start to think in "Landlady and tennents" terms; you don't have the same relationship as with "mother and son" and it shows. For example, Zorlun already mentioned that one part of the backstory was Myriam being pregnant with Katherine and you can't have that now anymore. You can't have certain story arcs and motivations.

Also, even if Zorlun goes through with his idea of "friend of the family", the others are still related to each other, which means we will never see a Marc / Katherine sex scene.

Patreon rules restrict creative freedom because some companies (Paypal) are concerned about their image when certain content is supported. The same happens in other branches like political activism. The best answer from customers would be to drop those companies and tell them it's not their decision where your money goes.
But this doesn't happen, so we have arbitrary rules of what goes and what doesn't in a fictional story; and if your kink is on the "Nono-list" you might have a problem with all this, no matter that there are ways to circumvent this - it just sucks and shouldn't happen in the first place.

If you want to support artists and creative freedom, don't use Patreon.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Besides what Spfjolietjake said, in my experience the quality of writing deteriorates when you start to think in "Landlady and tennents" terms; you don't have the same relationship as with "mother and son" and it shows. For example, Zorlun already mentioned that one part of the backstory was Myriam being pregnant with Katherine and you can't have that now anymore. You can't have certain story arcs and motivations.

Also, even if Zorlun goes through with his idea of "friend of the family", the others are still related to each other, which means we will never see a Marc / Katherine sex scene.

Patreon rules restrict creative freedom because some companies (Paypal) are concerned about their image when certain content is supported. The same happens in other branches like political activism. The best answer from customers would be to drop those companies and tell them it's not their decision where your money goes.
But this doesn't happen, so we have arbitrary rules of what goes and what doesn't in a fictional story; and if your kink is on the "Nono-list" you might have a problem with all this, no matter that there are ways to circumvent this - it just sucks and shouldn't happen in the first place.

If you want to support artists and creative freedom, don't use Patreon.
Ran out of reacts but damn fine post explaining it. Respect:)
Gallery is up to date.
Thank you for your quality work!

• Love
Reactions: Zorlun and Bibifoc

Power Broker

Jan 9, 2018
But you can also make the version of SubscribeStar available to Patreon users, right?
No, if Patreon finds out about this they will kick him out and he might be in legal trouble due to breaking Patreons TOS.
He can have two versions, the uncensored Subscribestarversion and a censored Patreon version, but his Patreon supporters can't get the uncensored version, at least not from him.

Reactions: Demnor and Zorlun

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
Many suggestions here make it sound easier than it is.
No, sending a patch link by Patreon message is not an option. Patreon has access to all private messages, and the bully trust & safety team does use that access.
No, posting a link to the full version on his Discord is not an option because as soon as Discord and Patreon are linked Patreon has access to that too. Not to mention Discord staff itself gets more and more anal about questionable content.

Best case scenario would be to just continue support on Patreon if people really want or need to, but get the uncensored version from here.

It's gonna cripple the game and the story but it is how it is and Zorlun's gonna find a way to continue.

Benutzername

May 28, 2018
No, sending a patch link by Patreon message is not an option. Patreon has access to all private messages, and the bully trust & safety team does use that access.
No, posting a link to the full version on his Discord is not an option because as soon as Discord and Patreon are linked Patreon has access to that too.
There are a few ways to communicate outside of Patreon. I just don't see any problem in making Patreon users happy.

EdPokol

Mar 31, 2019
and Zorlun's gonna find a way to continue.
Yes, I think so too. Zorlun is creative and passionate. He will find a way out of this mess. It will take quite some effort and thus time so the next regular update of course will suffer some delay. I dont mind, first things first.

Zorlun: Take your time, do what you think is best and save this awesome Project. You have my support.

alex-brd

Jan 8, 2018
Let's not talk about politics, America has fucked up a lot more in the world, and everything is fine, but let's talk about the global. Indeed, switch to the SS, and people will slowly switch to it too.
The Dev wants both dogs and money. It's Patreon that doesn't. And to avoid Patreon just nuking the whole project into oblivion, workarounds need to be made.
Does this answer clarify things a little ?
Short edit.
Judging by past events, Mother Russia in her various incarnations wasn't necessary a benevolent and caring parent. In fact she acted like a stereotypical Karen more often than not.
No wonder people don't like her much. ;)
BUT the dog ban has nothing to do with Russia, but with Patreon's murky and arbitrary rules and bigotry.

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
Let's not talk about politics, America has fucked up a lot more in the world, and everything is fine, but let's talk about the global. Indeed, switch to the SS, and people will slowly switch to it too.
Yes, please no politic here.

For you r answer, if you want a non censored version, like I said, you can support me on SubscribeStar. The Patreon version will follow the guidelines, though after that they could chose to use the third party patch if they wish.

RottenPlum

Jun 17, 2017
You have to have sex with William after Myriam catches Anthony cheating on her. The morning after the gala she'll drive William to church and if you had sex with him previously then you get a chance to take care of his erection. If you'd previously slept with William then I believe you can only miss it if Anthony still lives at home and Marc is taking advantage of you, then you'll drive Marc somewhere instead. I haven't explored all the triggers and paths yet but that's the only setup I had where Myriam wasn't taking William to church.
She had in my playthrough, but from what i've seen in the script she has to say that she loves him for the car scene to trigger, whether that makes sense is up to the dev.

alex-brd

Jan 8, 2018
Блять, опять на меня забили. Вот как с людьми разговаривать?

alex-brd

Jan 8, 2018
Excuse me, am I without an interpreter? Well, it boiled over, the answer will take a long time to wait, and whether it will be at all.

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
If you'd previously slept with William then I believe you can only miss it if Anthony still lives at home and Marc is taking advantage of you, then you'll drive Marc somewhere instead.
I had two saves, one save where she could deal with William's erection and one where she didn't, the only difference I think was one where she didn't have sex with William after the Anthony thing because she had revenge sex with the office guy but she still ended up kicking Anthony out, I don't think William is there if you go that route. William also might not be there if he doesn't see them in the hot tub, but not sure on that one.

This is one thing I like about the game, the choices you make in one part of the game can effect things later on.

• Love
Reactions: Demnor and Zorlun

▌Gin ▐

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2019
In the confessional of the priest came out this error

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/chapter 02.rpy", line 24681, in script
if ch2_let_cassius_eat_pussy == True:
File "game/chapter 02.rpy", line 24681, in <module>
NameError: name 'ch2_let_cassius_eat_pussy' is not defined

Is it only happening to me?

Reactions: Switcher

origeee

Feb 21, 2020
In the confessional of the priest came out this error

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/chapter 02.rpy", line 24681, in script
File "game/chapter 02.rpy", line 24681, in <module>
NameError: name 'ch2_let_cassius_eat_pussy' is not defined

Is it only happening to me?
To me as well. Ignore it for now

4.40 star(s) 191 Votes