Deepthroatme

Aug 6, 2017
Hi, I have not looked at it, but if you want to take over making the periodic public incest patch, let me know, I am supposed to check 3.05b to align the 3.05a incest patch tomorrow, but I have no problem in someone else doing doing the incest patch.
I transformed my personal stuff in a public one only because at that moment there wasn't anything.
I'm willing to try, never done one from scratch before.

Reactions: fuckmymamarunnin

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I'm willing to try, never done one from scratch before.
If you want to do a new incest patch from scratch then I would recommend to use BangCity's patch.

The game's patch searches and replaces phrases/lines through all files. At the same time the incest patch can be used with other mods like the walkthrough mod.

Here an example how the patch works:
init python:
lineChange = {
"Hey, stop! You can't do this!": "You can't do this! I am your Step-mother!"}

Deepthroatme

Aug 6, 2017
If you want to do a new incest patch from scratch then I would recommend to use BangCity's patch.

The game's patch searches and replaces phrases/lines through all files. At the same time the incest patch can be used with other mods like the walkthrough mod.

Here an example how the patch works:
I can work with a script if it's broken down into conversations but that would be too hard for me

ferr0

Jan 26, 2018
Next update is "dinner with the dean", right? I think I remember him asking Mi and her saying something like tomorrow or at least soon-ish.

Also wasn't there some other neighbour living next door, a short, fat guy? Any plans for him?

Reactions: ChapulinColorado

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I can work with a script if it's broken down into conversations but that would be too hard for me
Too hard? :unsure:

The patch is ready to use and just needs to be thrown into the "game" folder.

Here is the first line from the game:
Dev's original line is on the left and the modified line on the right.
init 1 python:
lineChange = {
"\"On the road again\"": "\"On the incest road again\"",
To put it into simple words, the patch is a "search and replace" patch without changing Zorlun's original files. ;)
Screenshot from 2022-05-10 08-05-55.png
ouch2020 You should take a look at it too because it would save you a lot of work.

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
I reported again my last update (ch3.05b), maybe I didn't made it right last time, but meanwhile if anyone want to have access to it, you can find it on my Discord server or on SubscribeStar (as well as on Patreon, but it will be without Prometheus' patch there).
Again, there is no new content, it's just a few fixes, but you should redo your saves or you will have some trouble in the future: first fix is during second scene with Francis, if you automatically do the photoshoot for Flint with the latex outfits, the event won't register properly; and the second one is during the third scene in the police station, where even if you throw away the briefcase in the morning Myriam still show the briefcase to Detective Anderson.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
Too hard? :unsure:

The patch is ready to use and just needs to be thrown into the "game" folder.

Here is the first line from the game:
Dev's original line is on the left and the modified line on the right.

To put it into simple words, the patch is a "search and replace" patch without changing Zorlun's original files. ;)
View attachment 1802781
ouch2020 You should take a look at it too because it would save you a lot of work.
Appreciate the spirit, and nothing against you, but it seems this thread is becoming the preferred place for people to repeat things already said, and already replied to, like if they were brand new, I start to really share Zorlun's frustration about that.
The incest patch I did from scratch from the original text was not a simple word or expression replacement patch, and could not be.

Effectively, when doing it for myself, so checking less files, the first thing I had done was trying the simple replacement like "Mi" with "mom" - failure, in some situations "Mi" was could be replaced with "Mom", in others, not, so I had to find things myself.
Plus, in situations like the dialogue with Dr Silver, to keep coherence I had to add up an option to the menu, something a word replacement will not do.
Same for the dialogue with the lawyer, or when she is at the coffee and talk with Nubia (if I remember her name right, the curator) where it is just a couple of words, but cannot know a priori what they are.
Or when she talks about Tony (added up following the Patreon intervention to somehow "justify" Katherine), where to keep coherence with the incest situation and the first version of the family (Anthony and Myriam married, Katherine and Marc their children), I had to transform Tony in her first lost love but not husband (luckily there Zorlun "helped", since Tony had died due to a cancer and is not around).

I understand you refer to a more targeted solution looking for the specific phrase, but it is not really different as principle, it would not reduce my work, would increase it.
First I would need to see what to change, change it, check that everything works (needs to regenerate the rpyc files, at least in the first versions, it did not do it automatically, not in the game, only in the dev environment), like I do now, but with the added need to take note of what I changed (or use after the comparison between files to find what I changed).
Then, I would need to create the replacement, even if using the existing model, for that same text, when I have already the file where I put the text .
Additionally, I don't do a full proofreading, but if I spot a typo, I try to correct those as well, I even sent a couple of times some to Zorlun.
And as I wrote already, I don't know if it a problem with my "installation" or the default for Ren'py, but when using the development environment for a new game, it does detect the changes in the rpy and regenerate on the fly, when modifying the rpy for the game installed, and running again the exe of the game, it continued to use the existing rpyc, that is why I give also the rpyc in my "patch".

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
It's a pity there is no update
What do you mean?
If you mean at the end of the month, yes, I will follow the opinion of my patrons, who voted at more than 90% for having a bigger update in June instead of having a very small one in May.
If you mean the one with the fixes, you can find it on my Discord server or SubscribeStar (or Patreon, but without Prometheus' patch), while we wait for the moderators to update the main post.

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
I am not sure but the WT patch doesn't work for me. I have the latest version of the game and the latest Joker patch, but the choices aren't color-coded. I have put the files directly into the game folder.

ouch2020

Aug 11, 2020
I am not sure but the WT patch doesn't work for me. I have the latest version of the game and the latest Joker patch, but the choices aren't color-coded. I have put the files directly into the game folder.
I am not involved with that WT, but are you sure you are using a WT for 3.05b with a game version 3.05b ? That is a typical problem.

BTW, for those interested, sorry, but it seems the incest patch update for 3.05b (the one for "a" is already up from before) for the one I work on, will come only tomorrow CET, I started downloading again, and then realised the links are not yet up to date, it was still downloading 3.05a, not the b.

Reactions: Zorlun

Ranxerox

Nov 11, 2021
Ch3.05b+p????
Where has this version hidden itself?????
PLEASE READ PREVIOUS POSTS...!!!

I reported again my last update (ch3.05b), maybe I didn't made it right last time, but meanwhile if anyone want to have access to it, you can find it on my Discord server or on SubscribeStar (as well as on Patreon, but it will be without Prometheus' patch there).
Again, there is no new content, it's just a few fixes, but you should redo your saves or you will have some trouble in the future: first fix is during second scene with Francis, if you automatically do the photoshoot for Flint with the latex outfits, the event won't register properly; and the second one is during the third scene in the police station, where even if you throw away the briefcase in the morning Myriam still show the briefcase to Detective Anderson.

Reactions: Zorlun

Zorlun

Creating Naughtiness!
Donor
Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
Update ch3.05b is up thanks to our dear moderators.

4.40 star(s) 190 Votes