Ren'Py Abandoned Project Nevaryn [v0.12] [DeepAnglerMedia]

Deleted member 4182570

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
I really think the revamp did a nice job of implementing a lot of the feedback you have received and I enjoyed it. Looking forward to your next release and best wishes moving forward.
I'm glad you liked it! I will work on creating a better experience constantly, so if you have any feedback, please let me know!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: WastedTalent

Deleted member 4182570

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
Is it a harem game? Or do you have to choose an LI?

If the MC participates in a sex scene, I'd rather have the chance to avoid it if I want to (specially if I don't like the fetish).

If the MC doesn't participate... It depends on the scene, but even if I prefer to prevent it from happening (NTR, sharing and the like) or don't care if it happens (voyeur scenes of unknown characters or non-LIs), I'm not interested in see it in any case.

Lesbian scenes bore me so I always skip them, I prefer to do it by choosing a text option than using CTRL (in fact my preferred option is to avoid them)
I'm not sure if you meant for me to respond because you're quoting another post, but I'll answer, no. You aren't tied down to a single love interest, it's an experience where you'll have many girls to meet and many chances to "interact" with them. That being said, I wouldn't want the story to turn into a typical harem show where every girl hounds for the ordinary MC for whatever reason. You'll have to earn the right to take their pants off.
Also, I gave the choice in this update to skip or see certain parts, such as: seeing the sex scene with Laura and snowballing your own cum with Laura , just as a little curveball as well as added character development, if you will. Whether you want it or not, choice is yours!

Reactions: BlasKyau

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
I'm glad you liked it! I will work on creating a better experience constantly, so if you have any feedback, please let me know!
Definitely. I like the fwb although her basically admitting she's a slut is a tad of a turn off I guess the main question is because it's obvious she has a history, which with most women is expected but is she going to be exclusive fwb with the MC or is she going to be the college bicycle? It's a bit of a red flag that all she wants is dick and warns MC not to develop feelings for her. Maybe add a conversation where they talk about the details of their relationship moving forward. Remember in all relationships communication and expectations should be thoroughly explained so that both parties are satisfied. If you were thinking multi routes maybe that could be a first possible fork... again it's your story and feel free to ignore me just nagging lingering questions from a readers standpoint.

Deleted member 4182570

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
Definitely. I like the fwb although her basically admitting she's a slut is a tad of a turn off I guess the main question is because it's obvious she has a history, which with most women is expected but is she going to be exclusive fwb with the MC or is she going to be the college bicycle? It's a bit of a red flag that all she wants is dick and warns MC not to develop feelings for her. Maybe add a conversation where they talk about the details of their relationship moving forward. Remember in all relationships communication and expectations should be thoroughly explained so that both parties are satisfied. If you were thinking multi routes maybe that could be a first possible fork... again it's your story and feel free to ignore me just nagging lingering questions from a readers standpoint.
No, I don't find your responses nagging whatsoever! So, we had these beautiful, higher-up beautiful faculty that were introduced, which I messed up by giving such an intimate scene so early on. This was my mistake. But, in order to compensate, I wanted to include some low-hanging fruit girls that legitimately only want sex. On my trip to the East coast of the US, many of the girls I met were super open to admitting that they were just in it for the fun, which may have influenced my decision in writing a "low-hanging fruit" girl into the game. There will be the easy ones, and the high-hanging fruits that will be super rewarding to achieve love with. Who knows? Perhaps MC's openness to not wanting a relationship will end up affecting her feelings for him in the future? Who knows.....

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
I'm not sure if you meant for me to respond because you're quoting another post,
The first sentence is indeed a question, regarding the quote only a comment to it.

but I'll answer, no. You aren't tied down to a single love interest, it's an experience where you'll have many girls to meet and many chances to "interact" with them. That being said, I wouldn't want the story to turn into a typical harem show where every girl hounds for the ordinary MC for whatever reason. You'll have to earn the right to take their pants off.
It depends on the fetish (and personality) of the LI, she will interest me or not. There may be LIs that I prefer to keep their pants on. I would much rather be the one to decide if I want a relationship or a sex scene with the LIs or not.

snowballing your own cum with Laura
I have no interest in seeing that. In fact, I have a great interest in that not happening. It's a matter of personal taste, that situation doesn't appeal to me at all, rather the opposite (in fact, I'm not attracted to the MC eating or drinking any bodily fluid from anyone).

No, I don't find your responses nagging whatsoever! So, we had these beautiful, higher-up beautiful faculty that were introduced, which I messed up by giving such an intimate scene so early on. This was my mistake. But, in order to compensate, I wanted to include some low-hanging fruit girls that legitimately only want sex. On my trip to the East coast of the US, many of the girls I met were super open to admitting that they were just in it for the fun, which may have influenced my decision in writing a "low-hanging fruit" girl into the game. There will be the easy ones, and the high-hanging fruits that will be super rewarding to achieve love with. Who knows? Perhaps MC's openness to not wanting a relationship will end up affecting her feelings for him in the future? Who knows.....
I may be weird, but I'm not interested in any girl who isn't on a romantic route. I would prefer to be able to say no to sex for fun, if there is no romance my interest in the girl is nil. If the girl just wants sex, I prefer to ignore her.

Deleted member 4182570

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
The first sentence is indeed a question, regarding the quote only a comment to it.

It depends on the fetish (and personality) of the LI, she will interest me or not. There may be LIs that I prefer to keep their pants on. I would much rather be the one to decide if I want a relationship or a sex scene with the LIs or not.

I have no interest in seeing that. In fact, I have a great interest in that not happening. It's a matter of personal taste, that situation doesn't appeal to me at all, rather the opposite (in fact, I'm not attracted to the MC eating or drinking any bodily fluid from anyone).

I may be weird, but I'm not interested in any girl who isn't on a romantic route. I would prefer to be able to say no to sex for fun, if there is no romance my interest in the girl is nil. If the girl just wants sex, I prefer to ignore her.
And you absolutely have the choices to see these or not! I included choices, so you aren't tied down to a girl, which will be a totally valid way to play the game. There are no drawbacks to not initiating, which will keep the story consistent. What you see here is just a early character written in as a test for choices in the game, so it's all up to you whether or not you'd like to see sex or not, or see certain scenes that others may not want. Choice is all yours!

EDIT: I realize I shouldn't have said "written as a test" because I'd want her to be a legitimate character in the story, it's just that this game will include choices to see certain things or not, depending on your tastes.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlasKyau

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
1. No one is forcing you to play the game.
2. The story is slowly being revealed, why would I dump the whole plot onto my first patch of the game where only 3 locations are accessible and incomplete? It's in development, it's not a finished product, so I'm not worried about anyone not knowing what it's about. This is the point.
3. It's my first game, if you're not happy with the renders, that is totally justified, but others seem to be satisfied with them. I am taking time to improve scenes as well. If you don't like the renders, there are about a million other games that may satisfy you.
4. If you don't know anything about the game, isn't that exactly why you would play it? To find out? Why would someone play a game they know everything about? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of storytelling?
5. "What is it about" - See point #2
"What content will be in it" I don't think revealing the content through the description is necessary. See #4.

The fact that you are on this thread, replying and critiquing the game, my itch page and Patreon page, shows to me that you are, or atleast have had, interest in the game or development. I thank you for taking the time out to point some advice out, as I assure you that the story will unravel, and a trailer, true context, a project description as well as an abundance of other spoiler free information will be revealed. For now, it is in development, meaning the workflow is focused on turning the story into renders and dialogue.
Take care,
-Deep Angler Media
Wanting an overview of what the premise of the game is about isn't remotely wanting to know everything about the damn game. Anymore then you know everything that happens in a book by reading the back friggin cover.

No overview. No play. I'm not wasting my time 'discovering' I have no interest in something.

Deleted member 4182570

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
Wanting an overview of what the premise of the game is about isn't remotely wanting to know everything about the damn game. Anymore then you know everything that happens in a book by reading the back friggin cover.

No overview. No play. I'm not wasting my time 'discovering' I have no interest in something.
Again, I have no idea what this logic is. You're literally the one that clicked the game, no? You're the one that read the entire thread, no? You're the one that looked at the pictures, the thread, read everything, saw an argument happening, then decided to reply, no? Have I personally advertised this game to you? Have I sent you the game and asked you to play it? Of course not! It has been your choice since the start, which is very confusing. How many other hundreds if not thousands of people have seen this game and politely decided to ignore it? Why is it that you come onto a thread acting like it's being shoved down your throat? Why do you feel the need to express distaste when you're literally the one visiting the forum? I'm starting to think this is supposed to be ironic and satire, with how backwards and counterintuitive this logic has been. If you don't like how it's presented, how about, instead of whining, you look for another game?
Don't be so entitled, have some respect, maybe you'll be able to see that whatever way you were brought up to talk wasn't all that appropriate.
Have a good day!

• Haha
Reactions: Joeburqa

Deleted member 4182570

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
I need to hire someone full-time to add all these guys to my ignore list,
Tbh the things asked arent as unreasonable as u make them seem. Being so overthetop defensive about everything is kinda... eh i dont get it. Gl regardless.
True, not going to lie when I look at everything back I did come off as aggressive. However, this was during the not-even-finished build of the very first version, in which the story was still being adjusted before I was happy with it. When I saw that someone was telling me that a they saw my VN then took time out their day to say they weren't going to play it, it made zero sense in my brain to see that they'd actually taken the time to write that. It's like going to a drive through and telling the person you're not hungry before proceeding to drive back home. Why not just look for a different game? What is it about this that bothers so many people? It was even written that I wanted feedback before establishing the context of the game. I don't know either man. Either way, thanks for the insight. I kinda knew I came off aggressively, but the backwards logic really pissed me off when I read it lol.

Reactions: Joeburqa

anon280

Nov 11, 2017
I really think the revamp did a nice job of implementing a lot of the feedback you have received and I enjoyed it. Looking forward to your next release and best wishes moving forward.
Second this. You took the feedback accordingly and it's a much better experience now.

• Pacing works now
  • Each character brings something unique
    • Personally like the father-like figure that Nathan Amin gives off
    • Chuckled when MC said "You're beautiful" to Elise :LOL:
  • Lighting is inconsistent at times - might be due to newer images being added next to older ones
  • When in the black room, consider where is the source of light
  • The bj scene was a great way of giving sexual content without too much at once nor feeling that rushed sense. I was not expecting such a sensual and naughty tease!
    • judging by that I can tell you know how to write sex scenes erotically so anything similarly inspired should work
  • The way the location selection through phone is set up is a neat idea!
  • Typo in Bunker location: Would you be able to make dream up something...
  • There are old images and animations not used in the current version in the game folder so consider cleaning up unused files so it takes up less space

Good re-start. good luck

Last edited:

Deleted member 4182570

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2021
Second this. You took the feedback accordingly and it's a much better experience now.

• Pacing works now
  • Each character brings something unique
    • Personally like the father-like figure that Nathan Amin gives off
    • Chuckled when MC said "You're beautiful" to Elise :LOL:
  • Lighting is inconsistent at times - might be due to newer images being added next to older ones
  • When in the black room, consider where is the source of light
  • The bj scene was a great way of giving sexual content without too much at once nor feeling that rushed sense. I was not expecting such a sensual and naughty tease!
    • judging by that I can tell you know how to write sex scenes erotically so anything similarly inspired should work
  • The way the location selection through phone is set up is a neat idea!
  • Typo in Bunker location: Would you be able to make dream up something...
  • There are old images and animations not used in the current version in the game folder so consider cleaning up unused files so it takes up less space

Good re-start. good luck
Great review! Sorry, I've been MIA for the past couple days. I'd say it's about 30% the way before the next update. I don't know how often I should be releasing updates but it has been difficult to find time to work. I'm glad that this version is receiving a lot of praise though. I'll try to prioritize this project more.
Due to personal reasons I'm working at a slower pace. I hope to have a nice finished update coming soon, so keep an eye out!

Reactions: anon280