Unreal Engine Abandoned Project Unknown: Section 7 [Test Version Update] [MATEYDEV]

4.70 star(s) 16 Votes

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017
Not for this game, but for the new iteration of Project Elimination.
A public build with enough content to be called a "Demo" will be released in a while...
No it is for "PER" which is the 3D game of this topic the other one is called "PE" that you linked.
This one is called PER (Project Elimination: R --- sorry no idea what the R is for)

And in fact it looks like the 2D game is abandoned and was the original game while the 3D game is the new game as explained here;

Anyway as per below screenshot this is the PER demo that Kreky was on about; 1651368064723.png

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
No it is for "PER" which is the 3D game of this topic the other one is called "PE" that you linked.
This one is called PER (Project Elimination: R --- sorry no idea what the R is for)

And in fact it looks like the 2D game is abandoned and was the original game while the 3D game is the new game as explained here;

Anyway as per below screenshot this is the PER demo that Kreky was on about; View attachment 1786353
Yes and yes, that's what I meant by "new iteration", since there is no thread yet for PER since no public build has been made available yet ;P

Reactions: anon241

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017
Yes and yes, that's what I meant by "new iteration", since there is no thread yet for PER since no public build has been made available yet ;P
This is the thread for PER.... Originally PER was called "Section 7: Project Unknown 101" then Section 7 was put onhold in favour of the 2D game Project Elimination (PE) then PE was scrapped in favour of continuing Section 7 under the name of PER (Project Elimination Remake)

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017
To avoid confusion the Dev wants to open a new thread, since is a quite different project.
This is the same project though? Just a new name.... All that needs to happen is this thread needs to be renamed to the new project name. Just look the screenshots and look at PER. Same game just PER is obviously now further in development than what this game was when this thread was first created.

May 25, 2017
This is the thread for PER.... Originally PER was called "Section 7: Project Unknown 101" then Section 7 was put onhold in favour of the 2D game Project Elimination (PE) then PE was scrapped in favour of continuing Section 7 under the name of PER (Project Elimination Remake)
This is the same project though? Just a new name.... All that needs to happen is this thread needs to be renamed to the new project name. Just look the screenshots and look at PER. Same game just PER is obviously now further in development than what this game was when this thread was first created.
No, they're two different titles. This one is on-hold for PER.

Reactions: anon241

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017
No, they're two different titles. This one is on-hold for PER.
This is PER, unless he reused all the game assets and levels and weapons and animations. As far as I can tell having played both they are the same game with updated gameplay and a new name.

And in fact, as per his own Patreon post, they are the same game he just hasn't settled on the genre yet;

May 25, 2017
This is PER, unless he reused all the game assets and levels and weapons and animations. As far as I can tell having played both they are the same game with updated gameplay and a new name.

And in fact, as per his own Patreon post, they are the same game he just hasn't settled on the genre yet;
Of course he reused assets, both games are from the same setting. The gameplay style is completely different. Not once in the Patreon post that you linked does he say Section 7 and PE:R are the same game. He's saying PE:R is just PE, which was a 2D platformer until the dev's hard drive died and he restarted it from scratch 3D. Section 7 is still a completely different title that he put on-hold.

Plus that gun model and all of those animations are new, not reused. The only thing that might be reused in terms of animation is the monster walk cycle.

Last edited:

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017
Of course he reused assets, both games are from the same setting. The gameplay style is completely different. Not once in the Patreon post that you linked does he say Section 7 and PE:R are the same game. He's saying PE:R is just PE, which was a 2D platformer until the dev's hard drive died and he restarted it from scratch 3D. Section 7 is still a completely different title that he put on-hold.

Plus that gun model and all of those animations are new, not reused. The only thing that might be reused in terms of animation is the monster walk cycle.
Look I've quoted dev pages which clearly say the dev can't make up his mind if this ONE game will be 2D, 3D horror or 3D action shooter. This is the thread for the 3D version and the other thread is the one for the 2D version. It is not rocket science.

If we make another thread and he then decides it will be another genre again then this ONE game will end up having 4-5 threads on this forum. That's just taking the piss at that stage.

Feel free to LINK a Patreon post where he said that PER and Section 7 are not the same game, you keep saying they aren't yet you have failed to provide a single link that says that. When both Section 7 and PER so far are the same game content wise.

May 25, 2017
Look I've quoted dev pages (you quoted one Patreon page which wasn't even related to what you were talking about, calm the fuck down) which clearly say the dev can't make up his mind if this ONE game will be 2D, 3D horror or 3D action shooter. This is the thread for the 3D version and the other thread is the one for the 2D version. It is not rocket science.

If we make another thread and he then decides it will be another genre again then this ONE game will end up having 4-5 threads on this forum. That's just taking the piss at that stage.

Feel free to LINK a Patreon post where he said that PER and Section 7 are not the same game, you keep saying they aren't yet you have failed to provide a single link that says that. When both Section 7 and PER so far are the same game content wise.
Are you seriously making me prove a negative? FFS FINE! Apparently it is rocket science for people who haven't been paying attention.

Project Elimination was always going to be different from Section 7, whether it was Here he describes the gameplay style of PE:R more akin to Monster Hunter. If you have played Section 7 at all you'd know S7 is nothing like that.

Let me say it again for the people in the back:
Project Elimination Remake is not the same as Section 7: PU101. This is not the thread for Project Elimination Remake.
Thank you.

Oh and if that wasn't enough, here's the dev in the other thread describing PE as a secondary project.

"bUt hE diDN't sAY iT WaSN't tHE sA-" Shut.

Last edited:

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Are you seriously making me prove a negative? FFS FINE! Apparently it is rocket science for people who haven't been paying attention.

Project Elimination was always going to be different from Section 7, whether it was Here he describes the gameplay style of PE:R more akin to Monster Hunter. If you have played Section 7 at all you'd know S7 is nothing like that.

Project Elimination Remake is not the same as Section 7: PU101. This is not the thread for Project Elimination Remake.
Thank you.

Oh and if that wasn't enough, here's the dev in the other thread describing PE as a secondary project.

Thank you.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

Innocent Chloe

Jul 23, 2017

Thank you.

But that's PE, that's not PER. So where is the post about PER being a different game from Section 7? When the two are so far identical. PER just is Section 7 but further in development.

PE to begin with was a port of Section 7 to 2D....... I have no doubt that PE and Section 7 are different games. But we aren't talking about PE, we are talking about PER why do you keep going on about PE?

May 25, 2017
But that's PE, that's not PER. So where is the post about PER being a different game from Section 7? When the two are so far identical. PER just is Section 7 but further in development.

PE to begin with was a port of Section 7 to 2D (Are you fucking serious!? NO IT WASN'T, I LITERALLY LINKED THE POST SAYING OTHERWISE) ....... I have no doubt that PE and Section 7 are different games. But we aren't talking about PE, we are talking about PER why do you keep going on about PE?
I'm done with this brain cancer, someone else argue with lead-brain over here...

4.70 star(s) 16 Votes