Unreal Engine Abandoned Project Unknown: Section 7 [Test Version Update] [MATEYDEV]

4.70 star(s) 16 Votes

FaerDear

Feb 9, 2019
Well it is labeled as Prototype and it shows when you open it, there is nothing to criticise, it's well done.

I messaged him both on Patreon and Discord, he replied to neither of my messages, it was just a small question about Section 7 and if it was being developed or not.

PER is the mgs one, right? I mean right now he is developing jumping and whatnot for it.
Section 7 should in theory be easier to develop, since he wanted to make a dead space clone with FAT ASS. So it will be a grounded game with no jumping, no open world etc. Just shooting, walking through corridors (space ship), killing monsters, sex scenes, ITEM managment.

Yeah more budget is better but his minimum patron tier is 2$ and he has more than 600 patron which would result in already having a minimum budget of 1200$ but obviously not everyone subscribes to the lowest tier so he has definitely more than that.
He could just show what he earns but he disabled that feature, hm.
how much someone earns is out of your concern buddy. But to be honest your question is indeed answered on his discord server, imagine answering the same damn question to everyone? That's why faqs channel is there. It gets updated when more question rise or project management changes.

Feb 11, 2020
You're talking out of your ass. If section 7 is his main goal then he should continue that. Now he is doing a mgs5 game.
He hops from idea to idea, that's what im getting of him.

Also he could just combine the ideas anyway. it's not like the section 7 test version is much different from this new test version.

It also will take more than 3 years to complete, that was just a nicely meant speculation.

+ I will leak any version i will get my hands on
They're different games with different genres, the dev has stated they are different games, and the dev has stated that he will continue Section 7 when this game is done. This is not hearsay, this is stuff he has said in writing, and you can see that if you join the discord and read the FAQ (he doesn't often respond to DMs because of spam, though he can be found chatting on the server itself quite a bit), or become a patreon and read his patreon posts.

And yes, it does hurt his development, because you forget that a lot of people here don't bother to account for the fact that a test version is going to be incomplete, buggy, and lacking in content compared to a full version or even a demo version, then they complain, and then people who haven't played the game get the wrong idea, etc etc. I know it's a pirate site, it's a pirate site I use on the regular, but it's also a pirate site with forums and review features, and that means people can greatly influence other's opinions just with comments and reviews. It's a double edged sword, I suppose.

The reason for private testers is explicitly to test ideas, features, and mechanics to make sure they fit the game and function well, so that the demos and later the full version are polished and leave a good impression where a test build might not.

As an aside, onto your comment about Section 7 being easier to develop... not necessarily. Many of the aspects of Section 7 would need to be more complex, particularly regarding environment (sound and lighting notably), AI intelligence and behaviours (due to their need to hunt the player, respond to stimuli, and interact with the environment), inventory management (at least, I believe. We haven't seen the inventory for PER yet), and maybe even world design, due to the need for interconnectivity and complexity compared to open fields and cliffs as seen so far in PER. Just speculation (I'm no game dev) but I wouldn't be sure S7 is much less complex than PER

swaghaver9000

Jun 19, 2021
They're different games with different genres, the dev has stated they are different games, and the dev has stated that he will continue Section 7 when this game is done. This is not hearsay, this is stuff he has said in writing, and you can see that if you join the discord and read the FAQ (he doesn't often respond to DMs because of spam, though he can be found chatting on the server itself quite a bit), or become a patreon and read his patreon posts.

And yes, it does hurt his development, because you forget that a lot of people here don't bother to account for the fact that a test version is going to be incomplete, buggy, and lacking in content compared to a full version or even a demo version, then they complain, and then people who haven't played the game get the wrong idea, etc etc. I know it's a pirate site, it's a pirate site I use on the regular, but it's also a pirate site with forums and review features, and that means people can greatly influence other's opinions just with comments and reviews. It's a double edged sword, I suppose.

The reason for private testers is explicitly to test ideas, features, and mechanics to make sure they fit the game and function well, so that the demos and later the full version are polished and leave a good impression where a test build might not.

As an aside, onto your comment about Section 7 being easier to develop... not necessarily. Many of the aspects of Section 7 would need to be more complex, particularly regarding environment (sound and lighting notably), AI intelligence and behaviours (due to their need to hunt the player, respond to stimuli, and interact with the environment), inventory management (at least, I believe. We haven't seen the inventory for PER yet), and maybe even world design, due to the need for interconnectivity and complexity compared to open fields and cliffs as seen so far in PER. Just speculation (I'm no game dev) but I wouldn't be sure S7 is much less complex than PER
You sure love that facepalm emoji, my god.

Anyway, if i get interested at some point for another version of his games, i will immediately leak it again and upload it to different file hosting sites and open another thread about it too.

;)

• Haha
Reactions: tomwilliams9911

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
May 25, 2017
I know and i had already seen that one but PER is practically an entire different new game in all aspects it's a 3d game now and that thread is like almost as abandoned as the game itself they don't talk much about the PER there
The only real reason there's no discussion there is because the public test demo of PER isn't out yet. If there needs to be a new thread, either make or request one.

Reactions: derakino999

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
The only real reason there's no discussion there is because the public test demo of PER isn't out yet. If there needs to be a new thread, either make or request one.
Ideally, when the public PoC will be out, a new thread will be requested...right now there is no point in it since there is not enough material to show (and you can see 90% of it on the Dev's twitter)

Alket

Game Developer
Nov 15, 2017
Any good souls to tell us about future changes?
The Dev has completed the majority of the baseline systems of the game, including menus and graphics customization, inventory and interactions.
The grab and adult animations system have been consolidated to allow transitions between different actors and poses.
Right now he's working on polishing animations and the map has been expanded.

When the free Proof of Concept (PoC) build will be released I'll post it here, in a new thread. Release date is When it's readyTM

4.70 star(s) 16 Votes