Silentj-Ghost

Aug 30, 2020
The developers said nothing about how we'll be getting the orcs and onis.
Ogres were not mentioned yet, but "oni" is often translated as "ogre".
My guess is that they might add things like mercenaires. Where monsters would show up at your door step and can buy them for subdue them if apple pie add the same mechanic as the technical demo.

Reactions: Bort740 and flannan

uglywolf

Nov 3, 2018
To note, they use SPINE for animation, btw. Even in MBM. They have the file listed for Spine Unity asset management
Opps, it seems that I got confused by the two. Thanks for correcting! Sorry about that.

Also, I understand your point about the term called [Animation Groups]. "I was there", if you could understand that.
I also made it CLEAR that "I probably asking too much".

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Balial42

May 3, 2018
What sort of software is good for modding these types of games?
Try Cheat engine. "4 bytes" usually, but for unity games you might better use "float" to search for values.
Btw, If tried to find the value for the castle doors, but it's hard to find them , because you need the right value first and second, need some damage to search for the next values. Bit at this point ITS already to late because your guards to fight in the opposite direction (to your Home).

DraconisOminous

Jan 6, 2018
Opps, it seems that I got confused by the two. Thanks for correcting! Sorry about that.

Also, I understand your point about the term called [Animation Groups]. "I was there", if you could understand that.
I also made it CLEAR that "I probably asking too much".

I got it, just wanted to clarify for everybody at a certain point. Another part of that was just explaining my own looking into it briefly to see what they did, and allow others to not have to do so as well. I do hope we get some variation here down the line as well.

Reactions: uglywolf

Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
Tools needed for modding are basically the same as MBM, but with some differences here and there. I know that graphics handling changed a bit from 0.1, which I'm not that happy with (more oriented for straight Photoshop/GIMP import of sprites, 1080x1080 individual sprite size which cause slow spine import, etc.) and code requirements to make new graphics to work is probably somewhat different too.
They mentioned it doesn't require for BepInEx plugins to work correctly... but I think devs will need to explain/make some tutorial for graphics edits in the future/at the time of release. ESPECIALLY their Spine Texture Packer settings! I've only made my own assumptions for these settings in MBM and ProjectR v0.1 and it's not great to have to guess them - more time spent on testing.

Aug 8, 2020
Nothing is confirmed for any monster type other than the Goblins and Orcs. Werewolves are likely to be next because of the developers history, but beyond that, no one knows what the developers are cooking.
If anything else, should they not.
Others will eventually just mod it in. If people are not satisfied with what they have. It will simply be motivation to add things they want themselves.
A matter of having too much free time really.

uglywolf

Nov 3, 2018
A matter of having too much free time really.
I personally think this isn't what it looks like...
I mean if "Anyone" did; we don't even have to wait, we already played the full game and might just need to look for updates or mods for additional mobs for this game.

Having to use that time on making content(game update/mods) also reduces the time for discussions/social conversations, such as one of these threads, I believe you should understand that; seeing your post count and registering date.

...That said, not even one of us managed to get the way how "Custom Scripts" work?

Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
Making custom graphics to add to .skel character skeleton files is literally paywalled by Spine animation software professional license. Just saying.

Reactions: flannan

Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
can we get hacked version or something?
I'm not really following cracking soft scene, but there's a cracked Spine 3.8.75 which is a thing that helped Night of Revenge modding scene greatly. But as for Spine 4.1+ which ProjectR currently using... no idea.
On the other hand, I can try to help with downgrading game's provided files to 3.8 compatible files, but that's what I did for MBM and I didn't saw much user-modding scene progression since then, unfortunately.

flannan

Dec 15, 2022
I'm not really following cracking soft scene, but there's a cracked Spine 3.8.75 which is a thing that helped Night of Revenge modding scene greatly. But as for Spine 4.1+ which ProjectR currently using... no idea.
On the other hand, I can try to help with downgrading game's provided files to 3.8 compatible files, but that's what I did for MBM and I didn't saw much user-modding scene progression since then, unfortunately.
I am not sure where one can find the newest cracked programs, but on Rutracker I only found Spine 3.8.75 and a video guide. So if there is a newer version, it isn't easy to find.

AutoBio

Jan 16, 2018
I'm not really following cracking soft scene, but there's a cracked Spine 3.8.75...
I am not sure where one can find the newest cracked programs, but on Rutracker I only found Spine 3.8.75 and a video guide. So if there is a newer version, it isn't easy to find.
(I may be wrong, but if I'm right - ) Funny thing is, it was probably the ONLY version that got cracked, as it is the only version that has problems with Unity according to
It looks like the developers said that “I just noticed that version 3.8.75 is a specially treated version that must have caused problems, and therefore issues the error message.” but i find it strange that the only cracked version i could find online is the one that has problems and is specially treated.

Last edited:

Krongorka

Sep 22, 2017
Funny thing is, it was probably the ONLY version that got cracked, as it is the only version that has problems with Unity according to
I think (although I can't prove it) that this was shared as a test version with full functionality. Just so users can try it/Compare with Live2D (Spine also offers one-time purchase license, btw). It allows you to work with meshes and allows to save in .json and .skel formats. But most games will require 3.8.99 output or 4.0/4.1+.
As far as I know, ProjectR devs didn't implement 4.1+ "Physics" functionality. So it probably allows for a custom 4.1 to 3.8 downgrade, user edit and reupgrade to 4.1.

If there's users who wants to try it out eventually for ProjectR - PM me, can be useful now or at the time of game's release. Anyone should keep in mind that there's a lot of individual skeletons/artwork and code side involved. Easier than MBM in terms of data packing (everything is unpacked here), but still.

uglywolf

Nov 3, 2018
Spine animation software professional license. Just saying.
Whatever that's an issue or not, it depends on each person. Well, I personally did find that as an issue, though... That won't make me get a "3rd Party" version however...

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020
I mean if "Anyone" did; we don't even have to wait, we already played the full game and might just need to look for updates or mods for additional mobs for this game.
Fair.

To be honest I forgot to mention in my post that those mods/extra additions would happen after the game is finished first. Sorry if it came out like I don't appreciate the devs or modders.

TeamApplePie is at a year of developing (Assuming the public posts, could be more behind the scene) and I'm just impressed at how much they do. MBM wasn't coded in day and this certainly won't be finished in a year or two. They're making better progress than a couple of projects I follow only to see them abandoned.
Not to mention the healthy fanbase they've built up so far.

4.60 star(s) 22 Votes