Best butt? Link to butts --> https://attachments.f95zone.to/2024/02/3342779_0.png

• Kaylee

Votes: 64 11.7%
  • SAndrA

Votes: 107 19.6%
  • Emily

Votes: 74 13.6%
  • Ashe

Votes: 240 44.0%
  • Elysra

Votes: 35 6.4%
  • Ves

Votes: 26 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Classy Lemon

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
I think it's better to do "Season 2" than doing "DLC".
At least from my eye as a casual consumer, "Season 2" is likelier to convert people like me to purchase, while DLC is something I almost always skip.
Noted, it's still up for discussion

Does anyone here know how other Season based games have done it on Steam?

thundersamaz

Jun 29, 2020

Lust academy has two seasons, each being it's own game (each with separate dlcs), while being a dik is a single game, with second season being a dlc. Those are the only ones I follow, tho.

Edit: if I had to choose, I think I'd choose it as dlc, to keep everything (info, engagement via the community, etc) in one page. But every person will give a different opinion on that, lmao.

Classy Lemon

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
Lust academy has two seasons, each being it's own game (each with separate dlcs), while being a dik is a single game, with second season being a dlc. Those are the only ones I follow, tho.

Edit: if I had to choose, I think I'd choose it as dlc, to keep everything (info, engagement via the community, etc) in one page. But every person will give a different opinion on that, lmao.
I do think DLC would be easier for me, mainly because I don't know how to go about transferring saves to a separate game

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018

I'd say DLC actually makes more sense logically as any new season is dependent on completing the previous season. It's not an independently playable game.

But then again, logic is not a pre-requisite on these things.

I do think DLC would be easier for me, mainly because I don't know how to go about transferring saves to a separate game
2 games that I follow that have done such a transfer is 1) BADIK by DPC; & 2) TFTUV by Perverteer. Maybe talk to them? It doesn't hurt to ask. Worst case scenario is only that they'll point and laugh at you and brush you off.

Last edited:

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
You can release as DLC and just don't call or advertise as a "DLC". Call Projekt Passion - Season 2 and so on.

thundersamaz

Jun 29, 2020
Could always ask Moonbox, from Grandma's house. They separated their games in two, so at the end of act 1 there's a 'save now screen', and you load it on the second act so it should be about the same. Either way, I think having it as a dlc to the game might be easier to manage overall.

Daiju Fuma

Nov 14, 2019
oofff.... to vote for my favorite girl is really hard.
I love them all equally ;)
but if i really have to choose.... well, i'll go with one of the new girls: Hanna
I know most disagree, as the poll clearly shows, but fortunately tastes differ.

Reactions: Richmondiv

camube

Jun 4, 2022
You can release as DLC and just don't call or advertise as a "DLC". Call Projekt Passion - Season 2 and so on.
actually Classy Lemon this works yeah.
I bought BaDIK Season 2 this way back then. Thinking it's a "Season 2" and not a situation where base game is gimped and "needed" DLC

When Projekt Passion Season 2 is out, you could just make it a bundle purchase so a buyer can buy "Projekt Passion Full Season" in one go

OptimusCrime

May 26, 2022
I have the game on steam. I’m hoping you could release the next season even if it’s one episode in and have it be a sort of early access. Some other steam avns do it like this as well and simply update the game whenever the next episode comes out. Like price of power I bought full price and the dev simply updates the game as it’s stil in “early acess”

DeFuZe

Jul 26, 2018

There are also some games like Chasing Sunsets or Defending Lydia Collier that go Early Access and bring the newest episode and increase the price as the development goes.

Reactions: OptimusCrime

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017

Fetish Locator series separated the story in three games with every one being a week of ingame time. Week one had around 1974 reviews so far while Week two had 1510. Week three just got released last week.

Being a DIK used the DLC/Season style but they also sell a bundle with both seasons. So it is hard to be sure how much season 2 sold in relation to the first season if looking only at the number of reviews.

You would need to ask the developers to get a better idea of their sales.

Classy Lemon

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
How can season 2 not be a thing?
You add DLC after the mainstory is done. This story is nowhere near done.
You say there wont be any need to have played the previous game for being able to catch up with the mainstory?
Still if you add the to steam as dlc you will have to pay for the maingame and the dlc? Or are you planning on selling all stories as own games?

There is nothing saying that you can´t add DLCs after (or during but not as main content) this story is not done so how could season 2 be considered DLC?

Just bought the game on steam but seriously considering a refund within the hour. I wanted a complete story not a chapter in one and then a new game without this one not even done.
I have no idea what you're trying to say

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
I have no idea what you're trying to say
I also have no idea what they are trying to say
But as a possible question that I was able to interpret from that,

When you purchase the game on Steam, do you get future updates going forward, or will that be a separate "game", like purchasing Season 2 standalone?

Classy Lemon

Game Developer
Jun 4, 2021
I also have no idea what they are trying to say
But as a possible question that I was able to interpret from that,

When you purchase the game on Steam, do you get future updates going forward, or will that be a separate "game", like purchasing Season 2 standalone?
It will require a purchase but I haven't decided yet if its as DLC or standalone :)

Regardless it'll be the same price

Reactions: Phase_01
4.80 star(s) 245 Votes