RPGM Completed Public Defense Corp [v1.02 DLC] [Clymenia/Kagura Games]

4.00 star(s) 29 Votes

dreminh

Jan 4, 2019
So this is a Stand alone DLC, you dont have to play the original game and nothing carried over from it ?

Jun 18, 2019
Checked it again and can second that there is no Gallery. Kind of sad, obviously it's short and got a couple of new artworks...but it's kind of a hassle not being able to see the scenes in "fast selection".

At least we got more new stuff than with the mini update of "Detective of the Steam City". I really wouldn't mind getting another case in her case, or more threesome artworks with the blonde teacher in the Grimoire game the developer did (forgot the title).

Reactions: rh12 and eng2pu

monomulti

Jan 13, 2018
I do agree that the DLC was somewhat barebones. Especially considering how long it took to release it. Though most of it was just waiting on Kagura for a simultaneous release I believe.
image-800.jpg image-8002.jpg
I was also hoping that these scenes from Ci-en would show up. I thought they were teasers of DLC content but I guess it ended up being just a random supporter reward set. And now they're locked forever behind the Ci-en backnumber paywall?
Lack of swimsuit scene is puzzling. Took time to design it but it doesn't even get used. It feels a bit wasted like the reporter outfit in the base game. At least the reporter outfit was used in the mini-CGs. Can't get fucked at all in the swimsuit it seems.
I do like seeing more of Haruka and I was hoping for more out of the DLC. Though I guess it receiving more content in the first place is already a good thing.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018
I do like seeing more of Haruka and I was hoping for more out of the DLC. Though I guess it receiving more content in the first place is already a good thing.
I really dislike DLCs in rpg maker games in general. Never seen a single dlc which I would consider good. Usually its just a handful of content added to the main game which forces you to replay the whole game just for a bunch of new scenes. Atleast here you could get the new content without replaying the whole game, I believe however, that the games would benefit MUCH more if devs would simply take a few more weeks to add that content into the main game before its released in the first place.

Reactions: TheVanillaFlavour

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
I really dislike DLCs in rpg maker games in general. Never seen a single dlc which I would consider good. Usually its just a handful of content added to the main game which forces you to replay the whole game just for a bunch of new scenes. Atleast here you could get the new content without replaying the whole game, I believe however, that the games would benefit MUCH more if devs would simply take a few more weeks to add that content into the main game before its released in the first place.
It has been years since the original game was released though. And this is paid DLC.

That means this here DLC is just a way to produce 'something' at low cost. Especially since the author hasn't produced anything anymore in quite some time.
After all, most of it is recycled assets, with the few CG's thrown in being the most work.

Basically ... it's easy money.

The killing Goku

Oct 20, 2019
I believe however, that the games would benefit MUCH more if devs would simply take a few more weeks to add that content into the main game before its released in the first place.
By the way ... this specifically ... you have to release a game eventually of course.
The industry standard these days however, the average seems to be around 20-25 base CG.
With those exceeding that being the stand-outs rather than the rule.

Anyway ... any author that pushes out their game with 'only' 20 or less could be told they needed more time in the oven.
But if a game was accepted by the fanbase/customers & purchased/sold when it got released. And 2 yrs later they pop out a spin-off game or an add-on to that same game or something, you can't really make that remark stick.

It's the same discussion as DLC in the AAA games marketspace. But the same applies of course ... take story DLC for example, and let's use Borderlands as I'm familiar with those (and they're generally an example of it done right).
No doubt they had their scripts done before they finished & put out the main game. But if you then say that each of those DLC packs shoulda been in the main game, it's the same as saying the main game ought to have been delayed for a year and Gearbox woulda lost a bunch of money on it, which they likely wouldn't have wanted to spend.
And as for customers, the many story DLC packs we got were generally acceptable content for what we paid for it.
-> Basically ... you have to consider your game 'complete' at some point.

In contrast ... Tiny Tina's DLC packs are a total and utter rip off. Though the game itself was rather good.

(We've got other examples of it being done right too of course, like the Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 had some good stuff added later.)

4.00 star(s) 29 Votes