RPGM Completed Public Defense Corp [v1.02 DLC] [Clymenia/Kagura Games]

4.00 star(s) 29 Votes

Testong

Sep 10, 2017
I remember there was also a "Private Justice Company 2" not just "Civilian Justice League". Idk if its a different game or series or a spinoff but I know saw the title somewhere again from Clymenia.
If I'm not wrong, I think they are the same. Not sure how it got 2 different titles but I really remember that some call the 1st game as Private Justice Company in the beginning then it became Civilian Justice League.

PervyMage32

Jul 29, 2017
Not to continue the discussion on piracy, instead of the game here as the thread intended, but I didn't think to add earlier: that it's been proven that if anything, piracy mostly helps developers. Probably due to the game getting exposure, and a lot of people just end up buying whatever their pirated, if they liked it enough.

Although, the government wants you to think otherwise about piracy, as there was a bunch of studies done on this subject a couple years ago, but they tried to bury it, since it provided results opposite of why they funded the research, haha. I'm not saying I entirely condone piracy, because of this knowledge, but it hurts a very small percentage of the developer's revenues, if at all.

Take f95zone for instance. I've seen posts by developers for the games listed here, where they were just glad that they were getting so much free publicity just by the games being noted here, rather than on their tiny unknown websites, especially if their a small nobody team, although that's most a case by case opinion for each developer/studio, but I'm sure you get what I'm trying to say.

Reactions: Animefan_09

Testong

Sep 10, 2017
Not to continue the discussion on piracy, instead of the game here as the thread intended, but I didn't think to add earlier: that it's been proven that if anything, piracy mostly helps developers. Probably due to the game getting exposure, and a lot of people just end up buying whatever their pirated, if they liked it enough.

Although, the government wants you to think otherwise about piracy, as there was a bunch of studies done on this subject a couple years ago, but they tried to bury it, since it provided results opposite of why they funded the research, haha. I'm not saying I entirely condone piracy, because of this knowledge, but it hurts a very small percentage of the developer's revenues, if at all.

Take f95zone for instance. I've seen posts by developers for the games listed here, where they were just glad that they were getting so much free publicity just by the games being noted here, rather than on their tiny unknown websites, especially if their a small nobody team, although that's most a case by case opinion for each developer/studio, but I'm sure you get what I'm trying to say.
Personally, I think that's more of the case for big developers. For small developers, I'm not so sure. Though, I'm not exactly an expert in these kinds of things so *shrug*.

mesoru

Sep 22, 2017
All tha said can someone tell if 300 sales is a good number?
Compared to the 8621 japanese sales? certainly not :coldsweat:.

The market sure is niche, but i wish i could see some data comparing the west and nip audiences. This whole talk about piracy is full of holes, because it is only opinions and never accurate data. The sales and number of torrent downloads show somewhat the western case, but i'm also sure there's case by case, and Steam sure has a huge role right now, since some h-games there sold as well as on dlsite (Makina and Meltys Quest, but i can't access Steam Spy anymore to provide data).

And never buy from SakuraGame. This only reinforces their scummy practices.

Reactions: Testong

Testong

Sep 10, 2017
Ouch, yeah that means 300 is not a good number at all although what we can hope is that it's at least around the average number of English game purchases on DLSite which means that it's worth it.

And so yes, not going to speak a lot more about this piracy thing but as long as the number of sales is this small, I would think that Piracy doesn't give any real benefit to the devs and might even hurt the sales of the game. Thus, to those who can afford the game, please do think of buying it to support the devs.

Reactions: mesoru

Animefan_09

Sep 13, 2017

That is not all, there are cases were pirating is easier, for me torrent works faster than direct download, last game i bought (h-game that is) was Meltys and it took me almost 2 days to download from steam........meanwhile a torrent i found only took me 4h more or less. And yeah for something as niche as this i think we are beneficial,but only for western audiences, i once read about the fact that the main problem is people from japan abusing these sites to download the games and that most of them never end up buying them but since i think that statement came from the distributing companies and not even the developers..........

Compared to the 8621 japanese sales? certainly not :coldsweat:.

The market sure is niche, but i wish i could see some data comparing the west and nip audiences. This whole talk about piracy is full of holes, because it is only opinions and never accurate data. The sales and number of torrent downloads show somewhat the western case, but i'm also sure there's case by case, and Steam sure has a huge role right now, since some h-games there sold as well as on dlsite (Makina and Meltys Quest, but i can't access Steam Spy anymore to provide data).

And never buy from SakuraGame. This only reinforces their scummy practices.
Oh and about the sales i was asking if the 300 represented mostly sales since the english update (wich was less than a week ago), i think they do since there are about 40 more sales from yesterday, lets hope it reach 1000 so at least it reflects well.

And yes i learned my lesson: never buy from CrapSakura!!!!! (that and always check translation before buying.....)

WildCookie

Sep 2, 2017
Freaking nice game, got the only good ending the wrongfully named "bad ending" xD Awesome art, very detailed and nice cut scenes, and also the play style is way nicer than the first game although I think there could have been sex scenes when defeated during the fights ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). I LOVED the boss meeting scene, really, I loved it, I only slightly disliked the reuse of the same art, it should have had its own topview art.

This is definitely going to my purchase list!

stealthwizard

Jul 17, 2017
Who knew you could be so wrong?

Game good. The actual combat portion is bizarrely grindy at first and then you snowball into this unstoppable thing, which is EH

struzi

Jul 17, 2017
Who knew you could be so wrong?

Game good. The actual combat portion is bizarrely grindy at first and then you snowball into this unstoppable thing, which is EH
I was judging based on clymenia standards and even if this game is better than 90% rpg maker games that get shoveled out of japan and the west it is still a disappointment comapred to Salvation, Liz and of course the prequel to this game.
''Game good.'' is usually not good enough for these guys.

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
Plaza event with Rosalie (gang rape) after you captured her causes fatal crash.
Crash during "Educational Program 3" as well.

Looks like some of the untranslated strings are causing problems. Possibly the patch provided by Night on page 4 may fix it but I haven't tried yet.

stealthwizard

Jul 17, 2017
Plaza event with Rosalie (gang rape) after you captured her causes fatal crash.
Crash during "Educational Program 3" as well.

Looks like some of the untranslated strings are causing problems. Possibly the patch provided by Night on page 4 may fix it but I haven't tried yet.
I would assume it's because you don't have Japanese language characters installed, but try running it in Japanese locale.

The patch translates those scenes, though.

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
I would assume it's because you don't have Japanese language characters installed, but try running it in Japanese locale.

The patch translates those scenes, though.
Right, those scenes are mostly translated but I think the script for them got messed up somehow.

I'm using a wine prefix with Japanese locale, all RTPs installed and winegstreamer disabled (64-bit requirement) which works for the vast majority of Japanese games (including non-translated ones). Japanese is rendered just fine actually, the crash happens most likely due to script corruption. RPGMakerTrans is a great program but it has issues with some script sequences (it warns you about them). In the plaza scene the dialog window shows a malformed Unicode character (a square) just prior to crashing. I can load up a VM with Japanese Windows for testing but I suspect the result will be the same.

Ps. The event "Company President" also crashes half way through. I should probably just unpack Game.rgss3a and apply the patch from page 4....

WildCookie

Sep 2, 2017
Right, those scenes are mostly translated but I think the script for them got messed up somehow.

I'm using a wine prefix with Japanese locale, all RTPs installed and winegstreamer disabled (64-bit requirement) which works for the vast majority of Japanese games (including non-translated ones). Japanese is rendered just fine actually, the crash happens most likely due to script corruption. RPGMakerTrans is a great program but it has issues with some script sequences (it warns you about them). In the plaza scene the dialog window shows a malformed Unicode character (a square) just prior to crashing. I can load up a VM with Japanese Windows for testing but I suspect the result will be the same.

Ps. The event "Company President" also crashes half way through. I should probably just unpack Game.rgss3a and apply the patch from page 4....
I'm running English Win7 Ult SP1 x64 with Japanese locale, and everything works fine for me, I didn't notice any character corruption but if you can give me the specific location, I can check it.

Some hashes just in case:
CivilianJusticeLeague2.7z DD33BBD9
Game.rgss3a 48D5CA01

4.00 star(s) 29 Votes