156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
Kinda funny how the creator of night of revenge can release nearly 10 h-animations for his game by himself every year but this semi professional team can't even release two.
I agree that development of Pure Onyx goes painfully slow, but there's something to be said for the quality of the animations that they put out. In my opinion not directly comparable to NoR.

Reactions: yoyomistro

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
I agree that development of Pure Onyx goes painfully slow, but there's something to be said for the quality of the animations that they put out. In my opinion not directly comparable to NoR.
...isn't that mainly because there's now someone in the team who, y'know, actually works tho.

Reactions: tomwilliams9911

deepinsideme

Jul 9, 2017
But they are comparable, what are you on? Even if they're somewhat less fluid they're still really good, have variations and are longer, and pure onyx' are 3d made, which is actually faster that drawing sprites and animating them.
I remind you that these guys make 9k every month and this game has been in development for nearly 3 years, even if they released yeero tier animations it still wouldnt be a decent excuse.

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I remind you that these guys make 9k every month and this game has been in development for nearly 3 years, even if they released yeero tier animations it still wouldnt be a decent excuse.
I'm not excusing their behavior. I just think it's comparing apples to oranges. I'd also like to add that work produced does not scale directly with income. But the excuse is right there in your sentence. They earn a lot of money and have been doing so for a long time. Not much incentive to change that formula.

Do you have a graphic card?
The post you quoted has "2gb card" in it right there.

Skeleton1767

Dec 31, 2017
It sucks that people gave them money for the last game and got too little for it, but this looks way better than their last project.

The designs are great, and the few animations we can see are fantastic. They are nice and rough, she reacts with a perfect mix of of pain, pleasure, and embarrassment. The way he throws her down on the ground, then she just waits for more, then he grabs her and shouts at her and she submits? Chef's kiss. Makes me think of a next-generation Hounds of the Blade.

These types of games are pretty easy to scale out and release in satisfying chunks, since each stage just requires a background and at least one new enemy at minimum. Hopefully they'll look at how Umai Neko releases his games bit by bit in nice little chunks and manage this project a better than people are making it sound like they did for their last.

Mistere99

Feb 16, 2018
anyway to skip stages or cheats??
there is cheats by using console open it by pressing "`" above tab button
- onepunchmode (On/Off) (All enemies are 1 hit.)
- setgamespeed (float) (1 is default)
- setwave (float) (Every 5th wave a boss spawns, this command is quite nonsense.)
- godmode (On/Off) (You cannot take damage.)
- lootsplosion (Spawns a crap ton of loot around the character.)
the one you are looking for is setwave if you want the boss , when you begin setwave 19 and defeat the first thug and then the boss will spawn

stfu_n_smile

May 7, 2020
It's sad there's so little of this, the style and quality of the artwork and animation is fantastic.
for like 5 years it didn't even have that much. Most everything happened in like the last month or two I think. If pace keeps up there should be more soon. Fingers crossed.

2.80 star(s) 76 Votes