yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
These days, you never know.

Though I do firmly believe that social media platforms should stop pandering to snowflakes. The fact that you're not allowed to negatively emote or downvote someone's comment is an attack against free speech.
Bringing up "free speech" not in relation to government or educational institution censorship for $1000, Alex. Heads up, social media platforms and forums have speech rights too.

Reactions: fhalibut

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
Bringing up "free speech" not in relation to government or educational institution censorship for $1000, Alex. Heads up, social media platforms and forums have speech rights too.
If those web companies are based in the US then they are subject to US laws, including the 1st amendment.

• Haha
Reactions: fhalibut

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
If those web companies are based in the US then they are subject to US laws, including the 1st amendment.
You don't understand how the 1st amendment works do you? The first amendment gives corporations/companies rights as well, including speech and association rights. Meaning if they don't like your speech/values, they have the right to limit it or remove you, much the same way you would someone on your property.

Only the government and public institutions have limits on the speech they can stop, unless they violate some other rights, statutes, or local ordinances, like Title IX for example.

If f95 or X wanted to, they could ban everyone who doesn't type in italics, and they would be within their first amendment rights. Patreon has the right to change the sort of speech/content they allow on their platform, which they have, multiple times. Besides, companies and corporations have to adhere to different laws/regulation depending on where their servers/offices/operations reside.

Please do a proper study of the first amendment, I honestly get tired of these discussions....

Kemious

Dec 29, 2017
These days, you never know.

Though I do firmly believe that social media platforms should stop pandering to snowflakes. The fact that you're not allowed to negatively emote or downvote someone's comment is an attack against free speech.
The truth is there platforms and business and all they do is to enable and secure thier finicial prosperity. When they ban people or restrict speech its often because the number of people they lose is negliable compared to the amount of money they wouldlose the majority of the time.

In addition Free speech has limitations. Often people forget the ideal of forced compelled speach which would be forcibly having these companies display of have messaging they wish not to have

Enigmanic

Nov 4, 2019
The truth is there platforms and business and all they do is to enable and secure thier finicial prosperity. When they ban people or restrict speech its often because the number of people they lose is negliable compared to the amount of money they wouldlose the majority of the time.

In addition Free speech has limitations. Often people forget the ideal of forced compelled speach which would be forcibly having these companies display of have messaging they wish not to have
Those are fair points but not specifically what I addressed. The idea that you're not allowed to downvote someone's comment means people can say what they want without restriction which goes against what you just pposted.
If someone posts something offensive or stupid, you're not allowed to curtly display your disapproval. So in other words, these snowflakes getting butthurt over a downvote is more important than our right to disagree.

Huffledrunk

Oct 7, 2021
Mannnn ! the latest version is lagging so much like I can feel the heavy FPS drop. I tried it on my High End PC, still getting 45 to 53 FPS on Full grphics. Its not even stable like FPS keeps fluctuating. On Mid End PC I get 30 to 45 FPS with graphics turned off. This shit need crazy optimization like FPS just goes down to 30 and below while the Fire barrel gets blown and the area is lit also even while a swarm of enemies gets spawned in a particular wave.
idk about you, but if i have problems, i take these steps:
1. turn off and on
2. buy better components.
3. install more ram.

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
idk about you, but if i have problems, i take these steps:
1. turn off and on
2. buy better components.
3. install more ram.
I wanted to be a dick to him too (my 2 years old, actually high-end PC is able to have solid 60fps as I've checked)...but he still has a point. Game is badly optimized and takes way too many resources for what it offers. Just because I don't feel it, doesn't mean it's not there.
It's not Yandere Simulator level of incompetence but there is still some bad juju going on behind the scenes.
My bet is that some people on Eromancer's side have the same "I'm an absolute tool" mentality - "just buy better gear, problem solved" - and started throwing some weird-ass, completely unnecessary improvements and effects. I don't want to compare this crap with versions from years ago but I don't recall it being so resource-heavy.

Reactions: Huffledrunk

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
I didn't realise how old this game was. For what it is right now it's... fine?
It certainly looks good but it has performance issues even on my 7900 XT.

I hope it doesn't die in a ditch like so many of these do.
The combat's pretty rough which is bad because that's the entirety of the gameplay but otherwise I like what I'm seeing.

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
I didn't realise how old this game was. For what it is right now it's... fine?
It certainly looks good but it has performance issues even on my 7900 XT.

I hope it doesn't die in a ditch like so many of these do.
The combat's pretty rough which is bad because that's the entirety of the gameplay but otherwise I like what I'm seeing.
Oh boy, you missed a lot of important facts that would change your expectations haha :D

As you've noticed, this game is quite old at this point...and it hasnt really moved beyond what you're seeing for 4-5 years now?
Like, we can argue about levels and enemies being added (about 1.5 enemy per year? xD) but mechanically, this is still the same technical pre-alpha demo we've seen in 2020 (I'll be generous not to include 2019 because on Kemono you can see that they still changed something by the end of the year back then).

It is going the same route as "A Sorceress' Tale" by Mithos56, who is milking support since 2016 while still being in pre-alpha.

It is still a barebones fighting game with literally nothing to make it interesting beyond high quality sex animations (but if animations are all you're after, don't you want to support Gifdozer and other directly for their SFM work?).
Though even on that front we have seen a whole drama unfolding - since rape and bestiality is a big no-no on general crowdfunding like Patreon, which resulted in self-censorship (done in the most bizarre way possible) and then it was still banned from Patreon because bug enemy CANNOT GIVE CONSENT xD (plus some worries brought up to Patreon staff about the promised content being delayed and stuff).

EDIT: btw, check out this article from late 2018 -
Pure Onyx was supposed to be a "quick, side project" to support an already abandoned MATM game.
I can't make this up :D

Last edited:

JUDAEL

Jul 8, 2017
Because it seems people simply download "the game" and don't read the context.
THIS EXECUTABLE IS A TECH DEMO.
There are no "other levels" and no scenes*. It's a proof-of-concept that Divine Arm's old battle system and updated designs are still fun to play after a full Flash-to-Godot transition. You load a basic level and try to various high-level spells on an endless wave of enemies.

At the end of 2023, ViperV decided to remake Divine Arms from scratch (hence the v2) and it is the half-update of the 3rd iteration. (2.35 fits between 2.3 and 2.4)
To give you an idea, 2.2 was technically a demo but didn't even have sound. This one is a very enjoyable debug build IMHO

If you want a functional game and not a debug build for feedback, you probably should check for news in a few months instead of trying right now?
*There are some very nice animations as examples on his support platform, but the code to run them ingame isn't there yet.
Oh boy, you missed a lot of important facts that would change your expectations haha :D

As you've noticed, this game is quite old at this point...and it hasnt really moved beyond what you're seeing for 4-5 years now?
Like, we can argue about levels and enemies being added (about 1.5 enemy per year? xD) but mechanically, this is still the same technical pre-alpha demo we've seen in 2020 (I'll be generous not to include 2019 because on Kemono you can see that they still changed something by the end of the year back then).

It is going the same route as "A Sorceress' Tale" by Mithos56, who is milking support since 2016 while still being in pre-alpha.

It is still a barebones fighting game with literally nothing to make it interesting beyond high quality sex animations (but if animations are all you're after, don't you want to support Gifdozer and other directly for their SFM work?).
Though even on that front we have seen a whole drama unfolding - since rape and bestiality is a big no-no on general crowdfunding like Patreon, which resulted in self-censorship (done in the most bizarre way possible) and then it was still banned from Patreon because bug enemy CANNOT GIVE CONSENT xD (plus some worries brought up to Patreon staff about the promised content being delayed and stuff).

Pure Onyx was supposed to be a "quick, side project" to support an already abandoned MATM game.
.....AAAAAAND thaz noting new?...
I'm not impressed that they're milking...

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018

Oh.. another one of these. I feel like I'm Schrodinger's Observer, not the box, not the cat.
These games look fine until I actually try/look at them and then there's 10 years of lore about why it's a lost cause.

I do believe I've been cursed since I called out the Krystal devs for their overly ambitious bullshit.
My apologies, I killed this game too. :LUL:

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
Oh.. another one of these. I feel like I'm Schrodinger's Observer, not the box, not the cat.
These games look fine until I actually try/look at them and then there's 10 years of lore about why it's a lost cause.

I do believe I've been cursed since I called out the Krystal devs for their overly ambitious bullshit.
My apologies, I killed this game too. :LUL:
Yeah, I feel you. Every time I get excited for any game, Hentai or not, it is a rotten garbage fire.
I remember how hyped I was for Fallout 3...which is garbage. Didn't care for New Vegas at first - it's a freaking benchmark for how you should design quests and storylines.

Here is the same - I was really looking forward to this project but I simply can't overlook what's been happening with it so far.
Stuff like delaying moving to SubscribeStar (to avoid censorship and future drama) because it was easier to milk Patreon and make weird ass promises. Now, they lost Patreon exactly for the reasons I've said they would and were forced to move anyway, wasting time, energy and everyone's patience :D

I'm curious to watch it"grow" but I keep my expectations in the freaking Mariana Trench and unless some miracle happens, I will not fund it since I don't like rewarding top-tier mismanagement.

Reactions: UZone

RoadAnarchy

Jun 9, 2021
I wanted to be a dick to him too (my 2 years old, actually high-end PC is able to have solid 60fps as I've checked)...but he still has a point. Game is badly optimized and takes way too many resources for what it offers. Just because I don't feel it, doesn't mean it's not there.
It's not Yandere Simulator level of incompetence but there is still some bad juju going on behind the scenes.
My bet is that some people on Eromancer's side have the same "I'm an absolute tool" mentality - "just buy better gear, problem solved" - and started throwing some weird-ass, completely unnecessary improvements and effects. I don't want to compare this crap with versions from years ago but I don't recall it being so resource-heavy.
I'm having this problem with every major Japanese title that is ported to Pc.
I remember that I gave up on the first Ni-Oh because that port was bollocks, and every Team Ninja title is horse shit on Pc. Elden Ring port is horrible as well, I've seen some articles talking about the state of PC gaming in general, more than one article to be precise.
I play everything on PC and let me tell lad, it's been hard. Almost every company out there act like cunts towards the PC community.:confused:

Buziol

Jun 5, 2017
I'm having this problem with every major Japanese title that is ported to Pc.
I remember that I gave up on the first Ni-Oh because that port was bollocks, and every Team Ninja title is horse shit on Pc. Elden Ring port is horrible as well, I've seen some articles talking about the state of PC gaming in general, more than one article to be precise.
I play everything on PC and let me tell lad, it's been hard. Almost every company out there act like cunts towards the PC community.:confused:
I don't get that issue to much since I've upgraded my PC but also because...most modern games are trashier with each year.

It's not even a case of Eromancer being lazy or something. And it's not about the nostalgia because I have little to none right now. For the past decade, there's been a heavy trend of quick cash grabs (optimalization be damned).

I'd call it a heavy commercialization of gaming sector. You know, old school devs get kicked out of their own companies or turn into mongrel CEOs/directors. Look what Blizzard did with Overwatch and Warcraft...hell, Diablo is a shadow of itself. That's why a lot of companies don't really care about how they treat their customers - as long as numbers go high it's fine and dandy for the investors.

Anyway, don't feel bad about not being able to run something well these days. In 90% of the cases, you're not missing on much. Like, after years of mediocre RPGs, BG3 was the only one I actually had fun "like I used to".

Frank!eJ

May 15, 2018
Hi there guys, could I surmise that based on the trend of the conversation; that the game is resource intensive at its current state?

Oct 14, 2018
Can't promise to keep this up...

PURE ONYX - June 30, 2024 Test Release

Hey everyone!

Here is the June Pure Onyx test release!

Mega
Google Drive

We've added another much requested change with this release :D. You can now toggle Loop Mode on and off in the animation gallery! When toggled on, the current animation will loop at the current speed.

Another major addition is the first of the Ghoul enemies -- the Shambler :D. These are malfunctioning robotic enemies that behave similarly to zombies. Upon aggroing a pack of them, they will begin to spread acid, making the encounter area more hostile over time. Currently these only appear in the survival wave missions, but new maps are coming soon.

We've also added the FK-Doll + Runt Handjob scene, as well as fixes to the Ring Girl + Thug scene.

Check out the full list of changes below!

Changelog
The following is only a list of player-facing changes, unless otherwise noted. (** indicates items added since the June 25 Inner Circle test release.)
  • ** Added ambush and enemy spawn event system.
  • ** Added Vioreaper ambush traps to Outskirts.
  • ** Fixed FK-Doll's bare shoulders being scrunched into her body when Jacket is removed in Runt Handjob scene + during Idle animations
  • ** Fixed FK-Doll's jacket collar clipping with her face throughout the Runt Handjob scene
  • ** Fixed looping issue in Ring Girl + Thug finisher animation + fixed her boob anim in outro
  • ** Vioreapers and Larva/Crawlers are no longer vulnerable to acid damage
  • Added Loop Toggle functionality to animation gallery
  • Pressing X (keyboard) / Y (XB) / Triangle (PS) by default now toggles Loop Mode during a scene in gallery
  • Added FK-Doll + Runt Handjob scene to animation gallery
  • Added Ghoul Shambler enemy + portrait. They will currently appear in survival wave missions.
  • Added Acid Spit attack for Ghouls. Ghoul packs create pools of acid under them when aggro'd, making the area more dangerous over time.
  • Added backend damage resistance system (currently for Fire and Acid). Ghouls are resistant to their own acid attacks.
  • Ground fire (and similar damage) no longer randomly causes knockdown
  • Ground fire (and similar damage) no longer causes knockdown while jumping
  • Reduced sluggishness of Onyx beginning her walk animation and returning to idle animation
  • Added Ring Girl disk portrait
  • Updated Onyx's loot window and HP gauge portraits
  • Added shader-based animated background FX system to Spider Caverns, Slums Street, and Slums Basement maps
  • Fixed foreground FX clipping with the floor plane in Spider Caverns
  • Fixed some masking issues with the loot window artwork
thanks man!
anyway..

any 100% save file ?
or code to unlock them or something ?

2.90 star(s) 77 Votes