gastonyo_

Aug 5, 2018
Just found out this game today. Looks good, but then I read some "bad" things around here and there tho I didn't read everything through 322 pages. So is this game going to be abandoned again like the previous one or is there any hope of progression? Kinda new and idk what happened

Poggersq

May 2, 2022
Just found out this game today. Looks good, but then I read some "bad" things around here and there tho I didn't read everything through 322 pages. So is this game going to be abandoned again like the previous one or is there any hope of progression? Kinda new and idk what happened
oh there's progression, however think of this game and the dev as EA.
bugfixes as far as the eye can see, and so much fan art addings that the game might actually legitimately complete itself around the actual IRL heat death of the universe. if you were in a parallel dimension, you prob wouldn't be asking this though.
the worse part is, there is a better side scroller game that came out BEFORE this one, on a limited engine, but better everything altogether.

Reactions: Enigmanic

Sylen

Game Developer
Jul 19, 2017
MATM was abandoned when Ero worked alone. PO has a team of devs this time around, so there is more commitment to it. Also, even though there are months between updates, then they have been consistent for at least a year or two. Yes, its not going fast, but its very time-consuming to do what they are doing and you will see people underestimating the effort it takes to make videogames all the time.

Does that mean PO wont be abandoned? Nope. But it does mean its less likely. What worries me the most is that the only progress they are having are H scenes and stages right now. The stats, moves, gameplay and all that still haven't really been touched since the game was released, making me question if they even have someone to do that.

Poggersq

May 2, 2022
MATM was abandoned when Ero worked alone. PO has a team of devs this time around, so there is more commitment to it. Also, even though there are months between updates, then they have been consistent for at least a year or two. Yes, its not going fast, but its very time-consuming to do what they are doing and you will see people underestimating the effort it takes to make videogames all the time.

Does that mean PO wont be abandoned? Nope. But it does mean its less likely. What worries me the most is that the only progress they are having are H scenes and stages right now. The stats, moves, gameplay and all that still haven't really been touched since the game was released, making me question if they even have someone to do that.
they do stages? that's a first. with so little stakes and so little enemies: you'd think that they WEREN'T copy pasting assets.

Dracis3D

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2017
MATM was abandoned when Ero worked alone.
Ero has pretty much always worked with a team, to quote from 2015:

"TK finished the model that we sketched out for Malise's sword"
"Thanks to your support I've been able to add a dedicated Ruby programmer to the team"

By 2016 full time team members were in the mix as stated by Ero.

2.90 star(s) 77 Votes