RPGM Completed WIP Quarta Knight Emerald [1.15][Kudarizaka Guardrail]

2.70 star(s) 3 Votes

TheLlamaGuy

Aug 4, 2018
Nice. You good if I package that fix with the translation when it goes live?
Yeah, go ahead. Keep in mind it's a very quick hack that has its own drawbacks so I'd leave it as an option rather than the default. For the translation fewer people will need it as well I think, for me at least the lag only really becomes an issue when using MTool (but I have a fairly decent PC so).

I suspect it may be related to why the log is spitting out each character individually rather than at once in the base game (which is also what's screwing over text hookers in the first place) but I'm not really sure where to start in the related plugin file. Anyone wants to have a crack at the issue, go ahead.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Yeah, go ahead. Keep in mind it's a very quick hack that has its own drawbacks so I'd leave it as an option rather than the default. For the translation fewer people will need it as well I think, for me at least the lag only really becomes an issue when using MTool (but I have a fairly decent PC so).

I suspect it may be related to why the log is spitting out each character individually rather than at once in the base game (which is also what's screwing over text hookers in the first place) but I'm not really sure where to start in the related plugin file. Anyone wants to have a crack at the issue, go ahead.
Yeah, I was thinking I'd package it as an optional ZIP, and include a backup with the default as well. That is also interesting from a coding perspective that it has some kind of character by character delay. Figuring that out might also be important for an English translation, even just because usually the strings are longer so it'll be more annoying.

EDIT: Ugh, I accidentally deleted a bunch of MTL cleanup from the trial version while I was doing the MTL for the full version. Poof, there goes a few hours of work.

Last edited:

BlackElite

Sep 18, 2018
This lagging reminds me of their first game's initial release version...
Yep, back then Amethyst also have this lagging...

Reactions: bazelgeuse

fszonetoto

Jun 9, 2022
This is the comment who want to use RPGMakerMVgame Hook patcher anyway:

hooking with RPGMakerMVgame spams bunch of single characters at combat log and in-combat dialog.
This causes by option 'BloctextSeparator', so to fix this, you will need to edit this method on Clipboard_llule.js

キャプチャ.PNG

By editing this line, you may temporary stop single characters the spam anyway. but will spam messages like this:

キャプチャ.PNG

Thankfully, textractor(do not hook and catch clipboard) automaticly fixes this messages like this:

キャプチャ.PNG

But this is still unstable method anyway.
If there is more stable code, than please upload the code at this thread.

sojocal

Jun 2, 2020
Are you using MTool? It's been reported to cause battle text lag.
i don't use Mtool and i still have lag.

Anyone had some luck with hooking the game?

Using RPGMakerMVGame Hook patcher I get a bunch of single characters spat out from combat log and in-combat dialog, making it unintelligible, hooking with Textractor directly avoids this but the combat log constantly updating is still an issue, using MTool introduces considerable lag (also caused by the combat log).

Textractor is the least bad alternative I've found but if anyone's had some more luck I'd love to hear it.
I might be able to fix this for you. llule supports filtering by regex. All we're going to do is ignore single character text.
I need you to go into the games plugins folder, and find a file called `Clipboard_llule.js`
You need to edit it. I'm assuming you're on Windows but i doubt you Have Notepad++ installed. If you do, use it, if not normal Micro$oft notepad will work.

We're looking at this value.
JavaScript:
var IgnoreRegExtextbloc = [/^\d\d:\d\d($|.$|。$)/,/(^([,.\d]+)([,.]\d+)?)(\uFF27($|。$)|G($|。$)|$|。$)/,/^(\uFF27($|。$)|G($|。$))/];
There's two replacements we can do. an explicit version which filters out only what we define like so.
^(お|尻|と|太|も|に|当|た|る|か|ら|な|い|の|感|触|で|手|が|れ|て|…|!)$
JavaScript:
var IgnoreRegExtextbloc = [/^\d\d:\d\d($|.$|。$)/,/(^([,.\d]+)([,.]\d+)?)(\uFF27($|。$)|G($|。$)|$|。$)/,/^(\uFF27($|。$)|G($|。$))/,/^(お|尻|と|太|も|に|当|た|る|か|ら|な|い|の|感|触|で|手|が|れ|て|…|!)$/];
or implicit which will just filter out text which contains exactly 1 character.
^(.)$
JavaScript:
var IgnoreRegExtextbloc = [/^\d\d:\d\d($|.$|。$)/,/(^([,.\d]+)([,.]\d+)?)(\uFF27($|。$)|G($|。$)|$|。$)/,/^(\uFF27($|。$)|G($|。$))/,/^(.)$/];
Just heads up, this will YEET the text into the /dev/null(figuratively), not display it.

You can use this site if you want to mess around making your own REGEX string.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Translation is running.

1673075310202.png

I jumped in and already identified some potentially serious bugs, and I also discovered that some translated bits from the Trial version that I had expected to be carried over didn't work as planned. So I'll be chasing some bugs for a bit, but things are progressing well.

Edit: Everytime I translate a game I learn something new about how RPGM works.

In previous games, devs were using code 122 to assign variables, and these were just being displayed for the player. Shiraso assigns variables through code 122, but then through code 111 also checks the exact value before initiating certain things, like whether you skip the OP or not. So for now, I'm just going to stop translating 122 variable assignments, which will mean some Japanese sneaks in for now while I work out how to consistently get 111 translated without breaking even more things.

I am also running into a greater than expected numbers of issues with how the game decides whether certain options are available or not, based on an in-line if statement that frequently gets absolutely garbled to shit by DeepL. Haven't had this many issues with it before, so that was novel.

I can also go through a lot of the edits I already made and make them more verbose (the game's item descriptions were very long, mostly more gags). The default JPN font is extremely character limited in English, but I switched it to a more condensed font and now I have way more room than I'm used to. Can't thank Psicomaniacco enough for solving that frustration for me.

EDIT2: Damn, I did not realise how much of my code I had left half finished when I embarked on this project. Turns out the last couple RPGM games I worked on were even simpler than I gave them credit for. Doing a lot more coding than I thought I'd need to do for this. I have a working translation, but it is rough. Major focus now is going to be on chasing down all the UI issues that are cropping up and getting those fixed. As per Roadmap, that'll be 1.0, and depending on how tomorrow goes should be live on Sunday.

Last edited:

Veemo!

Jun 25, 2022
I'm in the dungeon, outside a giant crystal that has 3 bats surrounding it. Where do I go next? There's this 4th location that I haven't encountered yet

sojocal

Jun 2, 2020
Hey MuninKai the game keeps locking up on me with random scripting errors. Are you running into the same thing by chance?
I just want conformation this is my modifications or likely my porting the game to linux. It seems related to combat, either exit, entering, or possibly character poses after combat.

Sadly i don't have a screen shot right now. It's not a constant thing, only happening after an hour or so of game play.

MuninKai

Apr 29, 2020
Hey MuninKai the game keeps locking up on me with random scripting errors. Are you running into the same thing by chance?
I just want conformation this is my modifications or my porting the game to linux. It seems related to combat, either exit, entering, or possibly character poses after combat.

Sadly i don't have a screen shot right now. It's not a constant thing, only happening after an hour or so of game play.
I have had no issues with game stability or script errors and I've already played 8ish hours between playtesting the JPN and checking stability of my translation.

RPGM scripts can be pretty finicky though. If you put a " or [ in the wrong place it can completely fuck up your game. I imagine Linux might also have some compatibility issues that make it more fragile.

sojocal

Jun 2, 2020
I have had no issues with game stability or script errors and I've already played 8ish hours between playtesting the JPN and checking stability of my translation.

RPGM scripts can be pretty finicky though. If you put a " or [ in the wrong place it can completely fuck up your game. I imagine Linux might also have some compatibility issues that make it more fragile.
Can't argue with running it on Linux being finky. It's just odd problem since most errors you'd see with a port like this is related to filename casing (which is luckily easily fixed with a bash script to add links)

maankamara

Sep 16, 2017
Can't argue with running it on Linux being finky. It's just odd problem since most errors you'd see with a port like this is related to filename casing (which is luckily easily fixed with a bash script to add links)
I'm on linux without any visible issues. No translations or hooks, but the base game runs just fine. The only thing I have is the combat text causing lag, but that was just the same on windows side. And that goes away entirely with the fix provided here in earlier comments.

lilan9958

Oct 17, 2022
So the room with all the scenes still has the bug even after completing the game. The final boss scene still shows but after losing you still see the tentacle maiden bug so its something that's there.

That being said, heck of a defeat scene.

bebe2803

Apr 25, 2020
I'm in the dungeon, outside a giant crystal that has 3 bats surrounding it. Where do I go next? There's this 4th location that I haven't encountered yet
You can ignore that, it just give you back the exp stole by vampire bat girls (and you must be version 1.2 or newer, old version has bug not giving the exp back even you win)

And about stage 2 boss once you reached the 3rd teleport spot you can take the ride to other stations, boss position is marked in the pic and it is the 4th teleport spot, just to remind it is recommended to clear all stations to remove boss specials or the fight could be hard, although I brute force it in normal mode anyway

Reactions: gfvdgrverf
2.70 star(s) 3 Votes