• A bit of both...

Votes: 369 59.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Will this be picked up anytime? I found recently and thought it was pretty good.
Eh, the problem with Abandoned games is once the developer abandons it the first time it is easier to abandon again and again. It is extremely rare for a game to be completed after it has been abandoned. Honestly can’t think of one that has been picked back and completed.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Dev f95 status report:
R3kT
Game Developer

Last seen Jan 29, 2020

Pat***n status:

JAN 29, 2020 AT 9:07 AM
Update 0.6 Progress
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Discord status:
3R3CT lates post is from 12/25/2019
the news was ... Update 0.5 is out.

Hoping this doesn't stay abandoned for much longer
Hoping this doesn't stay abandoned
Will this be picked up anytime? I found recently and thought it was pretty good.
Eh, the problem with Abandoned games is once the developer abandons it the first time it is easier to abandon again and again. It is extremely rare for a game to be completed after it has been abandoned. Honestly can’t think of one that has been picked back and completed.

Rammundstein

Apr 1, 2022
Abandoned, well that sucks. Game looks and sounds great, but I can't get myself to play it knowing the game will suddenly just run out of content.

Azsouth

Mar 1, 2021
I don't get why other devs can't just take over once a game like this is abandoned? is there some rule against it? like a cooldown period or something, or a statute of limitations? The dev gave up whatever rights to the game when they abandoned it so others should be able to take over and do their own thing as long as the original dev is credited right? I mean it's been 3 years and the story seemed to interesting to just stop, surly someone creative can take over and find their own path for the story.

SomeoneX22

Dec 1, 2017
I don't get why other devs can't just take over once a game like this is abandoned?
Why would anyone want to continue failed project? Most games abandoned because they bring not enough money, simple as that.
There is some exceptions where really cool game idea failed because of subpar
implementation, but generally it is not worth an effort.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I don't get why other devs can't just take over once a game like this is abandoned? is there some rule against it?
Yes, copyright law.

Games are legally owned by the person that made it.

Someone could take over and make a parody of it by altering everything so they could claim free use if they wanted to make money off it.

If they wanted to carry on the exact same game they could as long as they don't make any money from it.

If they tried making money the original dev could claim all of that or be a complete dick and take it to court which they would win.

In most cases it wouldn't be worth a court case and the legal fees would far outweigh anything they would make but it's still a lot of nonsense most folk would like to avoid.

However, in the case of carrying on the game exactly and trying to make money of it, assuming the original dev could prove they were the creator then sites like Subscribestar and Patreon would then give any money earned to the original dev and most likely shut down the page of the new dev.

Reactions: Mondoblasto

Rundmck

Sep 5, 2019
Wow. An actual good game with a MC that's not a horny imbecile or a wimp. The conversation flows naturally as well. It had a lot of content even in "Chapter 1". Choices and paths were interesting too. Another old classic lost to the times.

F. I think the old devs put more thought in their games rather than just making a kinetic novel.

Reactions: d4164
4.20 star(s) 5 Votes