VN Ren'Py Abandoned Quest Failed: Chapter 2 [Christmas special] [Frostworks]

jerexd123

Jan 11, 2019
Yes! More monster girl ''lovin''!
Oh man, look at the abs on Cynthia. They're not as perfect as best dragon waifu's, but they're still solid. And there's a sexy kunoichi too?! This chapter is giving me everything. I can't wait for the full release!
i will keep an eye on this one

azraelswegul

Dec 27, 2017
Where's the dev? any news?
The dev is fairly active on discord and twitter, though he/she's slow as hell with the development, apparently he has really high expectations and he prefers to release the game once is done to the general public, instead of posting every alpha. (not that weird actually for indie games). But recently he claimed all backgrounds are finished, and he is finally wrapping things up that he/she wasn't sure could, and programming has become more difficult because now choices matter more and have more consequences as opposed to chapter 1.
The game is advancing and patreons should have access to a new alpha within this or next month.

In other words: Slow as fuck, but it's advancing and Frost may be finishing it in give or take one year.

NekoAlchemy

Aug 13, 2018
Looks like the dev has decided to milk it out from patron i spoke to him mid 2019 an he was saying he would be ready for a late 2019 full release
Yeah, I stopped support a long time ago just because of this. Honestly, I don't expect Part 2 to ever release.

Catoblepas

Feb 9, 2017
That's too bad, I really like this dev, one of my favorites. I wonder what that alpha 0.11 is like, but $25 just for an alpha with the scene guide behind the same paywall, no thanks.

If the scene guide was public it might entice me but without any other indication of what's in there, forgetaboutit.

pod1_99

Jul 18, 2018
its not $25 sadly the way he has his patreon set up it takes $50 dollars to get it

he requires you to be a member on the 28th so you get charged 25 bucks that day then only gives rewards on the 2nd so you pay again on the first if your slow an signed up on the 1st of the month tough shit no download for you

this might not be the exact set up but its somthing like that to catch you out

• Sad
Reactions: James Eveleth

F-Works

Sep 23, 2020
its not $25 sadly the way he has his patreon set up it takes $50 dollars to get it

he requires you to be a member on the 28th so you get charged 25 bucks that day then only gives rewards on the 2nd so you pay again on the first if your slow an signed up on the 1st of the month tough shit no download for you

this might not be the exact set up but its somthing like that to catch you out
Hiya, this is the developer here! While I've been aware of this thread's existence for quite some time and occasionally caught up on the posts--I typically shied away from it, as I wasn't 100% happy about the private alphas being shared publicly--but understand that this is the internet so these things will happen. I hope people have enjoyed what they've had the chance to play.

But I'm largely posting right now to say that what you've posted is 100% false. Unless something has changed since I last set things up, my Patreon doesn't take money on the pledge--and instead takes it when the person processes at the end of the month. Once and once only for the month. I specifically set it this way so people can see if they're happy with the progress and want to back out for the month or not without feeling locked into things. This is the reason I send rewards out in one large wave once everyone has processed for the month as it's easier to manage this way, and there's no doubling up. If by chance something has doubled up and slipped by me, please let me know and I'll do my best to rectify things.

Thank you everybody for your support of the project--though I understand the general opinion of me seems to have soured in the most recent pages as a result of the slow, lengthy development. And that's fair enough. I apologise for any frustration you may feel as a result of things. It was never my intention to take so long with Chapter Two--but the sheer scope of the project and my ambitions outweighing my abilities maybe got the better of me. There's certainly no desire to milk the Patreon. If anything, it causes me a great deal of stress knowing how long I've been taking, and the sooner I complete things the better I'll feel. For what it's worth, the current script is over 400,000 words now, which is 4x the size of Chapter One, so I hope the wait will be worth it.

I also wanted to stress that the alpha builds aren't really the intended way to experience the game nor my main business method, and were instead meant as a small bonus for those that supported me the most as a chance to get a sneak preview into things and maybe add their input on development. Unlike other projects that release updates frequently, my desire was to release the full prdouct to the public when it was ready and complete as a full game, as I fear the incomplete piecemeal builds might sour the opinion of the game as a whole with so many things only half-implemented so far.

Yeah, I stopped support a long time ago just because of this. Honestly, I don't expect Part 2 to ever release.
I also wanted to personally apologise for disappointing you and letting you down, SubjectAlpha--as I recognise your name from Patreon and know you were supporting me for quite some time which really does mean a lot to me. I hope when Chapter Two is complete you'll give it a go just to see how much work has went into it!

Last edited:

NekoAlchemy

Aug 13, 2018
I also wanted to personally apologise for disappointing you and letting you down, SubjectAlpha--as I recognise your name from Patreon and know you were supporting me for quite some time which really does mean a lot to me. I hope when Chapter Two is complete you'll give it a go just to see how much work has went into it!
I really hope that's the case. I look forward to being proven wrong <3

I know I donated (probably a couple of hundred at least) before Part 1 got its full release even.

If you need help with the game in a writing sense, feel free to reach out to me either here or on Patreon. I'm a freelance author/writer these days, and I'd be happy to lend a hand to a dev who cares.

F-Works

Sep 23, 2020
I really hope that's the case. I look forward to being proven wrong <3

I know I donated (probably a couple of hundred at least) before Part 1 got its full release even.

If you need help with the game in a writing sense, feel free to reach out to me either here or on Patreon. I'm a freelance author/writer these days, and I'd be happy to lend a hand to a dev who cares.
I truly do hope I can restore your faith in me as a developer and QF as a whole, haha. Since I really do feel awful knowing how much I've disappointed people in recent days and want to prove to them that the wait has been worth it if I can!

And the fact that you supported QF in its earliest days really does make me feel all the worse knowing that I ended up letting you down in the end. Rest assured, when Chapter 2 releases (and it will!) you'll definitely be due a free copy on release, since I'll owe everyone who pledged over a certain threshold that much, whether they're a current or ex patreon. If I end up forgetting by chance just give me a nudge at that point and I can rectify things.

And thank you very much for your offer to help! Admittedly I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to my characters, as they're all sort of my babies in a sense and I have very specific ideas for how to portray them, so I've often found it difficult to work with others on the writing front--but could certainly do with someone to bounce potential ideas with down the line as I continue to bring everything to life.

pod1_99

Jul 18, 2018
I can only speak of my own experiances here an sadly i signed up on patreon an im sure i was charged instantly and i received nothing in return I believe i even messaged you about it I shall double check this in the hope that im wrong

F-Works

Sep 23, 2020
I can only speak of my own experiances here an sadly i signed up on patreon an im sure i was charged instantly and i received nothing in return I believe i even messaged you about it I shall double check this in the hope that im wrong
Let me know your username or send a new PM on Patreon so I know it's you and I can get back to you on that--because I feel there's potentially been some confusion somewhere!

Reactions: Ianuda