VN Ren'Py Abandoned Quest Failed: Chapter 2 [Christmas special] [Frostworks]

Catoblepas

Feb 9, 2017
Thanks F-Works for responding graciously and for acknowledging that this isn't just a pirate board, but a lot of us are patrons and ex-patrons too. Without F95 I wouldn't have known anything about QuestFailed or Frostworks at all, and it drove me to pledge back in the day.

Best of luck and I hope things go well. I need my slobbery queen. ;)

F-Works

Sep 23, 2020
Thanks F-Works for responding graciously and for acknowledging that this isn't just a pirate board, but a lot of us are patrons and ex-patrons too. Without F95 I wouldn't have known anything about QuestFailed or Frostworks at all, and it drove me to pledge back in the day.

Best of luck and I hope things go well. I need my slobbery queen. ;)
Don't get me wrong--I'm still upset about the alpha being leaked--largely because I don't want Chapter Two to be represented in such an incomplete state, as I feel it might give the wrong impression to many playing it. I've already seen comments elsewhere where people are upset about it missing or not informing them of certain things, when the full game would solve all of those problems. But oh well. I just largely wanted to come here to dispel the absurd notions that I was double charging people, or milking the Patreon and stalling development just to keep getting money before they spiraled out of control, haha. Because if anything I would make even more money from actually putting the game on storefronts once it's done and selling it to be people. So I have no idea why people would think that.

But I can understand that people are frustrated by how long things are taking. And I am too. There's no nefarious reason for why development is taking so long other than me being really ambitious (and slow, yes). That's all. : P

I'm grateful to have the chance to apologise personally ex-patrons who once believed in QF, too, and to hopefully win their trust back too one day.

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
Don't get me wrong--I'm still upset about the alpha being leaked--largely because I don't want Chapter Two to be represented in such an incomplete state, as I feel it might give the wrong impression to many playing it.
Understandable. For my part I started the game and wondered where the monster girls were. First girl I run into is human queen, who was nice, and second girl was the church girl, who at least does something new, but at the third time I was definitely hoping for the weird ninja girl to be a monster in disguise, and the incompetent shopkeeper is just annoying in all respects. I can only assume the finished product will guide the player so that they (non-platonically) encounter a new monster girl within the first two hours of play, and add relationship meters to the original girls.

That said, I enjoyed my (legal) copy of part 1, but it's been so long since then that I only remembered this series existed because I saw it here. It's a tradeoff, I guess.

Reactions: Ianuda

pod1_99

Jul 18, 2018
Hello again F-works notorias complainer back to eat some humble pie and apologise to you and who may have read my post....

When I pleaded on your patreon I was 100% positive it said the charge would happen imiditialy so convinced infact that i posted my earlier comments i have checked back my transaction history on there an i was wrong there were no immediate charges i must have misunderstood the payment page on patreon i believe at the time i even messaged you about my confusion but no matter just wanted to say I'm sorry I should have checked my facts before posting an I will be pledging this month to see how the development is coming along I really hope my comments have not discouraged anyone else

F-Works

Sep 23, 2020
Hello again F-works notorias complainer back to eat some humble pie and apologise to you and who may have read my post....

When I pleaded on your patreon I was 100% positive it said the charge would happen imiditialy so convinced infact that i posted my earlier comments i have checked back my transaction history on there an i was wrong there were no immediate charges i must have misunderstood the payment page on patreon i believe at the time i even messaged you about my confusion but no matter just wanted to say I'm sorry I should have checked my facts before posting an I will be pledging this month to see how the development is coming along I really hope my comments have not discouraged anyone else
Hello! I'm glad to hear it. Thank you for coming back to correct your original statement--I appreciate it and I'm glad it was just a small misunderstanding.

F-Works

Sep 23, 2020
i sometimes wonder, aproximately how close are we to a release date? is the game like 80% done or 50%?
Heya,

I can't give an exact percentage as there's a lot of variables in the air in regards to writing, scripting everything out and editing all the various assets required of each scenario--but I will say that in terms of the game's main story, I'm in the final stretch of that. A big, epic fantasy battle awaits, which has been a lot of fun to plan out!

Beyond that, there's a bunch of different extra quests and h-scenes for each character that still need to be implemented and voice-acted, and 2020 has made it a bit difficult for some VAs to actively voice adult stuff--so I'm working with them on that to try and slot some scenes in here and there.

azraelswegul

Dec 27, 2017
Heya,

I can't give an exact percentage as there's a lot of variables in the air in regards to writing, scripting everything out and editing all the various assets required of each scenario--but I will say that in terms of the game's main story, I'm in the final stretch of that. A big, epic fantasy battle awaits, which has been a lot of fun to plan out!

Beyond that, there's a bunch of different extra quests and h-scenes for each character that still need to be implemented and voice-acted, and 2020 has made it a bit difficult for some VAs to actively voice adult stuff--so I'm working with them on that to try and slot some scenes in here and there.
woooow! hyped.
Keep working man, i'll await patiently to see how it turns out!

Reactions: Succubus Hunter

BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
CHRISTMAS DEMO
PC
- - - -

fozfoz

Jan 24, 2019
Eyes perked up when seeing a new dl, went back down whn I saw the size of it, guess will have to keeeep waiting to see the finished goodies... maybe 2022 will finally see it.

• Haha
Reactions: falafelswoop

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
Looks like one of these routes in the xmas demo is not new content at all (annoying merchant quest) but you can skip thru it to get to the new outro.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

F-Works

Sep 23, 2020
Ahhh, well, the Christmas demo was intended for people that weren't playing an unauthorised build of the alpha and only had the original demo to go off of, haha--so I didn't take that into account when choosing the scenes to showcase for the new demo. But I hope people enjoyed the content that was on offer, as I had a lot of fun revisiting those scenes while putting the build together. That's also the reason for its small size--since rather than bolt onto the existing demo, I just cut some stuff up as standalone scenarios to make it easier to access, with a fancy little front-end for choosing each scenario. So it's all brand new content independent of the existing demo, if that makes sense!

It's sad to hear the merchant be called annoying, since I have a lot of fun writing for her--but I understand not every character is going to appeal to everybody! Poor Claire tries her best, haha.

falafelswoop

Oct 4, 2019
F-Works I don't blame you for your choice of content for the xmas demo, but I felt a comment about it would be helpful to others reading this thread, who did play that alpha which already contained the merchant quest.

As for the merchant being annoying, perhaps it doesn't help that the game already has one frustratingly, terminally, cartoonishly incompetent character - and he's in every scene. It's somewhat a matter of personal taste, but I feel Matty fills any quota by himself, and I wonder if he'll ever grow at all. Certainly I don't expect this side character to.
(Also, I don't like her voice, unlike most of the cast, but I suppose it fits her.)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Gmeng and User1230

ImYugin

Jan 31, 2019
i was planning on playing the game then i saw chapter 1 on the disclaimer so i tried clicking on the link but i think its already expired please re send the link please :3

Exodian

Apr 13, 2020
Is anyone able to get anything newer than 0.7? Want to see how the game has progressed since then.