RPGM Abandoned Quest for the Dream Girl [v0.7.0] [Slutguy]

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes

SoberSphagghett

Sep 14, 2018
Ya know, it's a hidden blessing in disguise. This bish is the least interesting looking, at least for me.
Now if it turns out that 'pietous' missy 'long-haired-brunette with the cross' is a whore, then the dev gets 9 different kinds of reports for deliberate misinformation and this game probably gets deleted.. I hope.
Also, is there any fixed progression of which bish goes first on our pole, or do we get pickings of our own choosing? :3

Skelletonike

Feb 9, 2019
Ya know, it's a hidden blessing in disguise. This bish is the least interesting looking, at least for me.
Now if it turns out that 'pietous' missy 'long-haired-brunette with the cross' is a whore, then the dev gets 9 different kinds of reports for deliberate misinformation and this game probably gets deleted.. I hope.
Also, is there any fixed progression of which bish goes first on our pole, or do we get pickings of our own choosing? :3
That scene was removed. Get the game's 3.0 ver. from the itch page.

Also, its pretty open, you don't need to do them in order.

lancecomwar

Oct 5, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Was interested in trying it, but disappointed to hear the "Dream girl" is just someone you find at the end all the other girls are rather pointless, with the player being unable to decide who their dream girl is. Kinda defeats the point IMO but whatever it's your game, so best of luck with that

Harem Trooper

Oct 4, 2017
Played this game for the first time (v.0.3.0)
Saw the changelog, got curious what was the deal with the NTR, checked the comments and Developer Notes then I tried the game. I think I saw (almost) everything and here is what I think.

I can only judge what the game shows me and currently the game is lifeless. While I wont say its barebones because it seems what we see in the game counts as a basis to be expanded on future updates:
- Very big Town with individuel houses (probably for every each girl)
- Garden Mechanic (will be expanded with further seeds for different purposes)
- Different affection levels for the LIs
- Different Vendors providing different tools/items

However, since its a RPG its harder to implement "life".
From the mechanics and the lack of atmosphere I guess the game main role exists of grinding a specific item and gifting that to the specific LI to climb her affection meter.
Nothing wrong with that, but it feels more like its a business deal/transaction then a erotic story/game you play.

Here is a example of Gina/Stepmom.
You feed your stepmom 20 Bread, you got rewarded with "scene". End. No bantering, no individuel quests, no real affection.
The reply is also the same for every girl which makes them all Blank. "To me ?!? Thank you!"
What I would like to see is variety:
variety for every item to whom it get handed over and depending on their affection level.
Also the amount of affection should decrease to motivate the player to experiemt with gifting items.

A example:
For Gina/Stepmom.
->Nuisance Level
- Gifting Bread -> +15 Affection: "Urgh. How could someone like you get his hands on that? Thanks I guess."
+ 20 if also Bathed: "Oh wow. Fresh bread and its not dirty? Oh my, I wouldnt say no to that".

->Acquaintance Level
- Gifting Bread -> +10 Affection: "At least someone in the household who is doing his part as a man"
+ 15 if also Bathed: "Thanks MC. At least one man knows how to please a woman in this house".

->Friend Level
- Gifting Bread -> + 5 Affection: "Thank you hun. I wish your stupid father was as capable as you".
+ 10 if also Bathed :"Ara? Is someone trying to get on my soft side? Your the best MC. *smoutch*"

etc etc.

While I get that it take more time to impliment but such easy tricks makes the game more alive and give each girl their own personality, rather then small glimpse we get otherwise. Different CGs for such stuff is not necessary, but would make them stand out even more.

While im not sure where or what the game wants to be, I get somehow Stardew Valley vibes. Which is a good thing for me.
I mean the obvious farming mechanic by side, we see that the house is in a very bad shape, the family is in chaos, the different girls like Elisa needs a shoulder to cry on etc. I feel like its that the MC becomes a guy which people can depend on through his actions.

About the Father x Stepsis plot.
It seems it got removed in this current build. While the Stepmom still says that she thinks her Husband (Your Dad) is up to something. Dont know if its a unedited line from the previous build which hinted to their NTR content or just some line without any real purpose.

Im not a fan of NTR and If I would have played the previous build I wouldnt have liked it.
However, I still liked the idea that we would rescue Bianca from that disgusting old man. That dosent mean they both need to have sex. Never understood such forwarding of a Character arc but its perhaps its not my kink.
Perhaps when MC build up enough resc. and affecton level with the stepmom + stepsis it will trigger a scene where MC can get rip of the father. You know, like he will try to rape but of course will fail because the MC was there to stop.

In the end, its lacks polishing but when I see when the game got released (4 months), I wont judge it to much. Further updates will shows.
Ah. Almost forgot the important part. The art. Art is nice, was also the main reason I download the game.

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
Hey SlutGuy , if the scene has been removed you should have the fifth image removed on the front page, people may still ask questions.
Yes the scene is removed thankfully. But you should ask BaasB since he is the owner of the thread. BaasB could you kindly remove the contreversial picture from previews since that scene is removed by the dev and not in the game anymore? Like that guy says people would still be confused when they see the image

SlutGuy

Game Developer
Feb 19, 2022
Was interested in trying it, but disappointed to hear the "Dream girl" is just someone you find at the end all the other girls are rather pointless, with the player being unable to decide who their dream girl is. Kinda defeats the point IMO but whatever it's your game, so best of luck with that
It was our first option... but the game would become very short... so, we decided to reveal a bit of the Dream Girl every time you finish the story with a girl in the game.

SlutGuy

Game Developer
Feb 19, 2022
First of all, what a post! Thank you very much! It's full of ideas and suggestions for us to improve the game even more!

- Very big Town with individuel houses (probably for every each girl)
- Garden Mechanic (will be expanded with further seeds for different purposes)
- Different affection levels for the LIs
- Different Vendors providing different tools/items
The town is big because we are planning to populate it with more girls in the next updates (and we are planning to increase the map too, with new places and towns). We choose not to change a Map after launch (I mean, not build more houses, etc.) But we have plans for most of the houses (the mayor's house, the jail, the inn, the boat/fishing shop). We will have more people in the city in the next updates.

And of course, new mechanics! The woodcutting and breaking stones came at 0.2.0, and we are planning more things in the next updates, so, we are accepting suggestions. We already have planned different vendors and different affection levels (I don't know if you are talking about new names or just different starting levels. Because different starting levels are already planned). And I liked the Garden Mechanic (I will discuss it with the team to put it on our to-do list!)

However, since its a RPG its harder to implement "life".
From the mechanics and the lack of atmosphere I guess the game main role exists of grinding a specific item and gifting that to the specific LI to climb her affection meter.
Nothing wrong with that, but it feels more like its a business deal/transaction then a erotic story/game you play.
As you said, once it's a RPG, it's harder to implement life, unlike visual novels. RPG people don't like to get tons of texts to "get" some picture, but you are right! It lacks polishing! We can improve it without a lot of text, like your examples! And I will have meetings with the crew to try to improve it in the next version of the game!

While I get that it take more time to impliment but such easy tricks makes the game more alive and give each girl their own personality, rather then small glimpse we get otherwise. Different CGs for such stuff is not necessary, but would make them stand out even more.
I totally agree! We are working to bring on the v0.4.0 new expressions to the icon of each girl, different expressions according to the speech. We would like to put more CGs in the scenes, but today we don't earn anything from the game and spent hundreds of dollars on each version paying our artist! So, we are planning animations, and improving some scenes with more CG, but, we need to wait a little bit yet!

While im not sure where or what the game wants to be, I get somehow Stardew Valley vibes. Which is a good thing for me.
I mean the obvious farming mechanic by side, we see that the house is in a very bad shape, the family is in chaos, the different girls like Elisa needs a shoulder to cry on etc. I feel like its that the MC becomes a guy which people can depend on through his actions.
It's really hard to compare to Stardew Valley because that game is perfect <3 But we were very inspired by that idea.

About the Father x Stepsis plot.
It seems it got removed in this current build. While the Stepmom still says that she thinks her Husband (Your Dad) is up to something. Dont know if its a unedited line from the previous build which hinted to their NTR content or just some line without any real purpose.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Im not a fan of NTR and If I would have played the previous build I wouldnt have liked it.
However, I still liked the idea that we would rescue Bianca from that disgusting old man. That dosent mean they both need to have sex. Never understood such forwarding of a Character arc but its perhaps its not my kink.
Perhaps when MC build up enough resc. and affecton level with the stepmom + stepsis it will trigger a scene where MC can get rip of the father. You know, like he will try to rape but of course will fail because the MC was there to stop.
That was the first idea! Rescue Bianca from her step-father, but as people dislike it, we chose to rewrite her story.

In the end, its lacks polishing but when I see when the game got released (4 months), I wont judge it to much. Further updates will shows.
We ask for a little patience because we are really at the beginning of development, and we look forward to other posts like this so that we can improve the game more and more in future upgrades.

Ah. Almost forgot the important part. The art. Art is nice, was also the main reason I download the game.
We will thank our artist! We disturbed her a lot, but she excels in all our arts! And with each new art she improves her arts! That's good because we are planing hundreds of then in the future!

Reactions: joblo9394

joblo9394

Jul 4, 2017
I could ask for a developer badge, but let BaasB manage the thread! I'm here just helping answer the questions and annotating the suggestions!
that works too, there is no obligation to manage the thread just to get the badge. I just know some devs either want to, or don't know they can.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Ok will wait for next release before checking it out.. don't need a grind fest right now with no real purpose.

SlutGuy

Game Developer
Feb 19, 2022
The roadmap to version 0.4:

- polishment of all dialogs to become richer.
- different expressions in the girl picture in the dialogs.
- a Gift shop in the city, owned by a new girl (and of course, her picture) (we need suggestions here. Who is that girl?)
- The stamina system (wondering how is the best way to do that).
- An evolution in Bianca’s story (3 new pictures, already in production).
- An evolution in Luna’s story (two new pictures planned).
- Maybe more…
(This text is under construction)

Reactions: joblo9394
3.30 star(s) 3 Votes