RPGM Abandoned Quidget the Wonderwiener 2.0 [Alpha v0.2.56 SE] [Team Tailnut]

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes

Mr.Clock

Oct 9, 2017
I've played the new version (v.0.2.56 NOT sextended) and it's awesome. I'd love to try the sextended version. Please, upload it :(

Envi1312

Jul 4, 2017
I was under the impression that they abandoned this game to work on their new SFW Pigglet one. 0.2.56 is from September. I'm glad I waited before pledging on Patreon. I'm never going to do $12.80 a month, because that's just nuts, but if they were at least focusing on the one game they pitched in the first place, I'd be perfectly happy tossing them $3-5 a month, knowing that I can always download the full version from here for free at some point. Quidget is different, it's unique, sure, I like what I've seen and I think it's worth "investing" in, for lack of a better word, but if I had done so back when i played 2.56, I'd be down $40 by now while watching the team spend all their time pitching a SFW game to try to lure in a new crowd, while putting in, to my knowledge, little to no time on the thing I was putting my money towards. Who knows, maybe the Pigglet thing will end up being just as good, and just as worthwhile a few months from now, but they're not getting my money for it yet. Graphtreon might suggest that others feel the same way.

Reactions: Count_Chocula

156_163_146_167

Engaged Member
Jun 5, 2017
I was under the impression that they abandoned this game to work on their new SFW Pigglet one. 0.2.56 is from September. I'm glad I waited before pledging on Patreon. I'm never going to do $12.80 a month, because that's just nuts, but if they were at least focusing on the one game they pitched in the first place, I'd be perfectly happy tossing them $3-5 a month, knowing that I can always download the full version from here for free at some point. Quidget is different, it's unique, sure, I like what I've seen and I think it's worth "investing" in, for lack of a better word, but if I had done so back when i played 2.56, I'd be down $40 by now while watching the team spend all their time pitching a SFW game to try to lure in a new crowd, while putting in, to my knowledge, little to no time on the thing I was putting my money towards. Who knows, maybe the Pigglet thing will end up being just as good, and just as worthwhile a few months from now, but they're not getting my money for it yet. Graphtreon might suggest that others feel the same way.
definitely still is a nsfw game. Is the second Pigglet game not?

And the way I handle things like this when I'm interested in a game but don't want to commit to a monthly fee is to wait until there's a chunky release. Then you can just pledge for one month and download that release. No need to stay pledged after that. Of course this becomes a whole different issue when you do this with too many Patreons, but still.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
Just got done with their new game, and what can I say, its a waste of time. Its the exact same go to point A to get item, then back to point B, and repeat. there's ok fighting mechanic, but that's drowned out by advertisements to their patreon every 5 seconds, and constant reminders of just how unfinished the game is. I think I got told to "Come back in next version" at least 12 times in my 10 minute session. Its bad, real bad.

Reactions: Count_Chocula

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
And I guess we'll never get the latest version here, do we?
I don't think there's anyone here willing to give them $12.80 a month, especially considering they don't even update their flagship game monthly. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

JonnyPowers

Jun 17, 2017
I just checked the Patreon and the Sextended is up to 0.2.0 and the Public at 0.2.56?

Also $12.80 is a weirdly specific amount. Why not just make it $10 or $15?

3.20 star(s) 5 Votes