agatgamez

Nov 4, 2018
also, all version after 0.19 ( 0.20 etc) until the latest all give me an error saying an asset is missing, i cant get past this screen making that version unplayable, what is the latest version that doesn't have this weird jittering, cuz i want to play the latest version, but without weird physics

Nightfall1

Oct 17, 2017
Somehow, i managed to get it working (I really dont get whats changed, i just redownloaded files and deleted that folder in the documents), but now there is problem when trying vaginal or anal penetration: on every rack dick is like poking into the air, and vagina or anus just twists in the direction the dick goes and no actual penetration follows, its funny as hell, but thats not what i was looking for).
Also, there is a big chance that after you let go the subject the body of your character will get stuck on the rack, its really weird- you can still go out of the room, but its really difficult and the stuck body tries to stretch out to the place you are supposed to go.
The question is: is it just broken build and i should just wait for another one, or is it fixable?
System: Windows 8.1, GPU GeForce 1060

Last edited:

agatgamez

Nov 4, 2018
Somehow, i managed to get it working (I really dont get whats changed, i just redownloaded files and deleted that folder in the documents), but now there is problem when trying vaginal or anal penetration: on every rack dick is like poking into the air, and vagina or anus just twists in the direction the dick goes and no actual penetration follows, its funny as hell, but thats not what i was looking for).
Also, there is a big chance that after you let go the subject the body of your character will get stuck on the rack, its really weird- you can still go out of the room, but its really difficult and the stuck body tries to stretch out to the place you are supposed to go.
The question is: is it just broken build and i should just wait for another one, or is it fixable?
System: Windows 8.1, GPU GeForce 1060
Could you please specify what folder? And after all, it is a dev build, so previous versions might be better than others

hspawn10

May 19, 2017
Could you please specify what folder? And after all, it is a dev build, so previous versions might be better than others
If you are going from an older version it is a good idea to start with a fresh "cache" folder. The newer versions try to detect old data and archive the folder but I've found it sometimes goes tits up during the archive process.

Keep in mind this means nixing your saves and effectively hard resetting the game data folder. Assuming you are on Windows go to "C:\Users\(Your User Name)\AppData\LocalLow\Fek". Rename "Rack 2_ Furry Science" (something like "Rack 2_ Furry Science_old" OR archive/zip up the directory (date your zip if you archive) and delete the folder after archiving. Rerun Rack and it will regenerate the game data folder and all the assets.

Note performance of this version will be hit or miss depending on your hardware. Some of the lighting effects are pretty intensive, so you can start by knocking those back and disabling things like bloom. Also be prepared for some load times every time you access new clients.

Rifleman1944

Jul 16, 2018
So I tried the 0.2.6b version and built a character. No matter what I try the ears keep looking like they just went 4 rounds with a meat tenderizer. WTH is happening? I'll try to post a pic if it happens again!

Reactions: ᴏᴄᴛᴏ
Jun 10, 2018
There's a few new settings in the latest release, play around with them, it seemed to fix the issue for me.
the settings did help a bit but the character still goes thru all of this everything else is playable but the character still always does this

furry dude

Jun 16, 2018
does any one now hot fix this problem? every time i select campaing or free mode save file's don't not come up. All i get is the game title and a vew of the menu back round.

Last edited:

agatgamez

Nov 4, 2018
has the breasts on cocaine calmed down yet? they were everywhere on linux buil but i will try windows now? runs games much smoother TBH

Spartan502

Jan 27, 2018
No humans there. If you want some soft skin you might have to look elsewhere cuz this is all about fur (and scales)

alex xela

May 6, 2018
Is this game also all about monsters and no humans?
The creator has constantly said that he would love to put humans in the game, if he can make them not look like shit. Right now I think he is more focused on getting the skeleton and core of the game functioning, and they will come later with other models and animals.

Reactions: Krosos and cheryl_c

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
No humans there. If you want some soft skin you might have to look elsewhere cuz this is all about fur (and scales)
Sad thing implements some nice things, could be maybe modded though.

The creator has constantly said that he would love to put humans in the game, if he can make them not look like shit. Right now I think he is more focused on getting the skeleton and core of the game functioning, and they will come later with other models and animals.
A pretty much solved thing by now though the master problem is to not look them like shit while interacting with each other or the observer and how much you abstract them to reach those goals :)

Females tend also to be a bigger adventure especially if we go in the direction of specific age targets males are easier also abstracting them

though overall it becomes really complex as light also plays a major role in the overall abstraction and age part

combined with some really interesting perceptional illusions you see often in photographic results that suddenly make someone look better then you would percept them in reality it is overall a really master task.

And it becomes more problematic as you can never really trust a photo reference that you didn't do yourself these days to many manipulations going on on so many layers, even makeup can be pretty disturbing.

PDW

Feb 27, 2018
Breasts seem to lack any form of physics for me. Sure, they wobble slightly, but are stuck in a position that isn't natural. I messed around with the settings in the game and nothing has shown any change. Could I receive some help if this is an issue/known bug?

ea3794

Modder
Mar 30, 2018
Getting the TriLib plugin error on Ubuntu... appears to be caused by a missing symbol:
Code:
Plugins: Couldn't open ~/Downloads/LINUX/Rack 2_Data/Plugins/x86_64/libassimp.so, error: ~/Downloads/LINUX/Rack 2_Data/Plugins/x86_64/libassimp.so: undefined symbol: arc4random_buf
That symbol appears to be defined by LibreSSL, whereas us Ubuntu users only get OpenSSL. The same symbol however can be found in libbsd (which is not loaded). You can workaround the bug by preloading libbsd:
Code:
LD_PRELOAD=/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libbsd.so.0 ./Rack\ 2.x86_64
Dev may want to either statically link against LibreSSL or feature test and dynamically load libbsd on startup.

Reactions: Charlemagne

MysticQuack

Jan 24, 2018
Any plans Android ?
Only top CPU Snapdragon 845 + 8-12GB DDR4. PocoPhone F1 or ROG Phone
jesus christ dude, how do you expect to run this game on a ROG phone when this game can't even handle a 1080 at a decent framerate on full settings? You'd have to turn down physics and quality in order to get this game on there right now...

HazardousAD

Oct 19, 2018
jesus christ dude, how do you expect to run this game on a ROG phone when this game can't even handle a 1080 at a decent framerate on full settings? You'd have to turn down physics and quality in order to get this game on there right now...
Pretty sure that even lowering quality and/or physics wouldn't be enough. I mean, this game is far from stable at it's current state, and doesn't run well on many powerful systems even with the lowest possible settings.

Any plans Android ?
Only top CPU Snapdragon 845 + 8-12GB DDR4. PocoPhone F1 or ROG Phone
On top of everything mentioned above, the whole game would have to be reworked in order to make it available on any mobile device. The game itself is currently in development and I'm pretty sure it's availability on mobile devices should be everyone's least concern at this point.

hspawn10

May 19, 2017
Pretty sure that even lowering quality and/or physics wouldn't be enough. I mean, this game is far from stable at it's current state, and doesn't run well on many powerful systems even with the lowest possible settings.

On top of everything mentioned above, the whole game would have to be reworked in order to make it available on any mobile device. The game itself is currently in development and I'm pretty sure it's availability on mobile devices should be everyone's least concern at this point.
Glitches aside (especially pre-patch 0.2.6), it ran fine on my on my old R9 390 and just fine on my current RX 580. That said Unity is barely optimized for PCs as is. Forget mobile (crazy pills I tell ya). Unity's appeal is it is easy to develop for, but you give up some overhead for that ease. The game would probably run (and look) better in say Unreal Engine, but would be more difficult to develop in comparison.

3.10 star(s) 24 Votes