Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
About the realistic questioning that FreshRevenge opened:

1) About the grieving time being "enough". What everybody else already said: different people, different grieve.

2) About the DUI. I am not a lawyer but these are details that are just going to start being answered. We cannot assume Radiant's world is necessarily ours.

3) The fact that she appears the day after the triplets. This is actually a fair point. One could argue that there was no reason why the two events should have happened so closely. It could have been different if, for example, MC had just appeared on international television after winning a photograph prize or something, so that everybody in his past life is currently aware he is now living and concious.

Having said that. There are always random stuff happening all the time and many times the random stuff is what generates the plot. I wonder why is the fact that she appears the day after questioned and not the fact that the triplets look totally different, with a blue eyed blonde, a green eyed ginger and a brown eyed brunette. Aren't genetics random after all?
"Yeah, but their look does not affect the plot".
Well, what about the fact that Buttercup is not as happy with daddy as are Blossom and Bubbles? Could also be genetics and is at the core of the current plot. Or wasn't random that the father have just appeared after MC came inside the mother? what if he have been there randomly a few seconds before?

My point is random stuff happening is not bad or good per se. Random stuff happens all the time. The reason why the triplets have just appeared in MC life are hinted to be that their mother have just died. The reason why this woman have just appeared in MC life are not yet presented. So I think the least we could to is give a benefit of doubt. If after the new update is presented she tell us that "I did not care at all about my child and I was actually living la vida loca in Ibiza and suddenly two days ago I have been strike by grief over my dead child" I would call it bullshit, but that would be after such a ridiculous scenario was presented. For now, I wait.

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
About the realistic questioning that FreshRevenge opened:

1) About the grieving time being "enough". What everybody else already said: different people, different grieve.

2) About the DUI. I am not a lawyer but these are details that are just going to start being answered. We cannot assume Radiant's world is necessarily ours.

3) The fact that she appears the day after the triplets. This is actually a fair point. One could argue that there was no reason why the two events should have happened so closely. It could have been different if, for example, MC had just appeared on international television after winning a photograph prize or something, so that everybody in his past life is currently aware he is now living and concious.

Having said that. The are always random stuff happening all the time and many times the random stuff is what generates the plot. I wonder why is the fact that she appears the day after questioned and not the fact that the triplets look totally different, with a blue eyed blonde, a green eyed ginger and a brown eyed brunette. Aren't genetics random after all? Wasn't random that the father have just appeared after MC came inside the mother? what if he have been there randomly a few seconds before?

My point is random stuff happening is not bad or good per se. Random stuff happens all the time. The reason why the triplets have just appeared in MC life are hinted to be that their mother have just died. The reason why this woman have just appeared in MC life are not yet presented. So I think the least we could to is give a benefit of doubt. If after the new update is presented she tell us that "I did not care at all about my child and I was actually living la vida loca in Ibiza and suddenly two days ago I have been strike by grief over my dead child" I would call it bullshit, but that would be after such a ridiculous scenario was presented. For now, I wait.
Agreed on 1-3. I think I may have made mention of the triplets looking different and I think someone else talked about the genetics of it. But at this point it's not worth the debate. I am sure they wanted to give the girls a variety of looks. I think it makes it more interesting and pleases those who like brunettes, blondes, or redheads. At this point I just want the new update. I hate cliffhangers. :)

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Agreed on 1-3. I think I may have made mention of the triplets looking different and I think someone else talked about the genetics of it. But at this point it's not worth the debate. I am sure they wanted to give the girls a variety of looks. I think it makes it more interesting and pleases those who like brunettes, blondes, or redheads. At this point I just want the new update. I hate cliffhangers. :)
I love the multicolored triplets. They are perfect!!

Hammerhiem

May 7, 2020
It's entirely possible all these questions will be resolved in the next episode.

Personally if I lost a child and I knew the personal responsible had 3 daughters I wouldn't find it unreasonable to think I would keep tabs on them, and know that they are travelling to meet him, and maybe she want to know the MC's side of the story, after all no one knew why he was on that stretch of road at that time.

I would want to talk to them and find out what lead to those events, Anger doesn't need to be the motivation, it could be be the need to get closure.

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
Vehicular homicide in the US generally gets 2-15 years in the US depending on state statutes. The range is intentional as it depends on the person, their intent, and etc. He wasn't drunk, on drugs, he just fell asleep (and they could have found out via drug test when he was in the hospital). He could easily have been tried, convicted 2 years, served his sentence while in a coma while not being mentioned so far in a v.01 version of a game.
In the US at least, you can't be tried unless you are mentally competent enough to understand the charges. So you can't be tried while in a coma. You can be arrested, though it is unusual to do so because then the state would be responsible for your medical bills.

So one possible loop hole would be that he wasn't arrested because the state thought he wouldn't recover (and didn't want to pay medical bills), and then the statute of limitations kicks in. This would depend on the state, since some have no limit.

Last edited:

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
I checked this out ... super short but real high quality so far.

A couple of things, I turned the blood option on (which is a nice touch btw) but didn't notice anything - maybe it was committed from the compressed version... and if you don't have transitions on (they annoy me to death having to wait for something to fade out and fade in to read the next line) I don't think you see these screen flashes it mentions, and thinking about it I don't think I saw them in polarity either, which said it used a similar system.

MysteryCrabs

Dec 15, 2019
In the US at least, you can't be tried unless you are mentally competent enough to understand the charges. So you can't be tried while in a coma. You can be arrested, though it is unusual to do so because then the state would be responsible for your medical bills.

So one possible loop hole would be that he wasn't arrested because the state thought he wouldn't recover (and didn't want to pay medical bills), and then the statute of limitations kicks in. This would depend on the state, since some have no limit.
There are many ways this can play out, all of which completely reasonable. Especially since the game is fictional and the laws can be more or less what the author wishes it to be.

It is not at all uncommon for criminals who were severely injured or otherwise suffering heavy losses in the process of committing the crime to get a nolle pros, especially for a case like this (naturally if it had been more aggravated or willful the prosecution is far less likely to be sympathetic). MC is clearly aware of this situation. He knows what happened, and he probably had to deal with it for a while. For all we know, this Natalie, in sympathy for MC's parents petitioned to have the charges dropped herself.

The main thing is, even in the real world him serving a jail sentence is not a done deal, and glossing over it is not a plot hole. There's plenty of time left in the story to fill in the gaps of what happened from when MC woke up from his coma to the start of the main story.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
There are many ways this can play out, all of which completely reasonable. Especially since the game is fictional and the laws can be more or less what the author wishes it to be.

It is not at all uncommon for criminals who were severely injured or otherwise suffering heavy losses in the process of committing the crime to get a nolle pros, especially for a case like this (naturally if it had been more aggravated or willful the prosecution is far less likely to be sympathetic). MC is clearly aware of this situation. He knows what happened, and he probably had to deal with it for a while. For all we know, this Natalie, in sympathy for MC's parents petitioned to have the charges dropped herself.

The main thing is, even in the real world him serving a jail sentence is not a done deal, and glossing over it is not a plot hole. There's plenty of time left in the story to fill in the gaps of what happened from when MC woke up from his coma to the start of the main story.
So true, the bio did fast forward a lot. For all we know the MC could have been sending money to her or any of a bunch of scenarios that we can't know until the second part comes out...

I am hoping for a lot of character development in the next update.

godoff95

Mar 15, 2018
mid-late July?? Wasn't the original estimate supposed to be mid-June?? Actually they've only progressed 5% in the last 15 days...if they continue this slow of a rate Chpt 2 won't be done for another 4 months :cautious:
Damned asked us to wait 20 more days on May 22, that makes June 12 the release date. But I stated June 20 just to be safe.

Reactions: TommyTuba and SenPC

Warhawk1

Apr 30, 2019
I think the update is gonna take way longer than we earlier anticipated,SD is struggling to get out Polarity so that might delay Radiant as well.We're prolly gonna get an early-mid july release.I hope I'm wrong..Can't wait,love the game

• Sad
Reactions: BigDaddyDom
4.30 star(s) 270 Votes