Solaris33

Jul 25, 2019
Can someone post it here?
I can't, but I can probably predict what it says.

First, he'll start by explaining the mysterious illness that allowed him to play FFXVI constantly, but not work on Radiant. Next, he'll say he's back to working on the game but getting the full version of 0.5 will take some time. This will subsequently push the release date for 0.6 to December of 2024 approximately. At this point he'll start to blame people, like those of us in this thread, for killing his motivation to work on the game because we're always so negative. He's going to rise above our negativity and get the release done for his loyal patrons though!

Or he said something completely different, who knows.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
he apologizes for his several weeks of absence, but good news is coming...your jokes are funny and I understand the frustration, the side we feel a little ripped off and above all it's abused like the updates are too long and even more when we are crazy about the game it doubles. But don't let that stop you from understanding...
We understand that he has a "viable excuse" for his absence.
We understand that the updates are ... taking a loooong time.
And we understand what "milking" is.

Aug 31, 2020
yeah, but there are plenty of others who are long for updates and who have a lot of subs and are less mouthy. there is part of the anger that comes from the fact that the game is good. After I agree with you, I said it was abused. I'm starting to hate incomplete games that are slow to release updates, it scares me away. let's not forget that for the majority of people, the game is FREE, so yelling at square enix or yelling at an amateur, it's not the same level...

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
It's not so easy to ignore something once you have got so emotionally attached to it.
Ok, keep suffering from "no updates", "false promises" and "lies" for the next couple of years then -- or pull the string NOW! It's like a relationship: it's always better to burn bridges and move on with your life if things are falling apart instead of staying and suffering.

Reactions: Renonymous

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Here is the Dev log from last night, posting it for those of you who enjoy Radiant, knowing full well how much snark Any update will draw from the taker/complainer segment of the Radiant audience on F95:

Devlog - I've fully recovered, new previews, + more.
Hello all, sorry for not posting at all again last month.
I was basically in recovery, spent a couple of weeks in and out of the hospital and needed a couple of extra weeks on top of that for rest. On top of the problems I've been having with my health, I had to say goodbye to someone I consider family, so things have been quite difficult.
As I'm sure you can imagine, creative work isn't easy when you're going through some serious health related shit, especially creative work of the erotic variety, as it requires a certain "mood" that I can assure you, I was not psychologically capable of.
After my last post here... I unfortunately learned that my situation was a bit more serious than I'd hoped, but rest assured, I have gotten things under control and I'm good to go now. It's a huge relief, as the lack of progress on the game has been weighing very heavily on my mind. Those of you who stuck it out and continued to support us through what was virtually zero new progress, I appreciate you greatly.
Alright now onto the important part: being back in good health means I can work fast... like really fucking fast. I have been literally itching to get back to it, and Alorth and I have already exchanged scripts/renders/etc. I actually wanted to share a couple of new previews with you guys, that way you can actually see some progress, rather than just hearing about it.
Thanks again, and I hope you enjoy! Ch5's beta is pretty much 2... maybe 3 weeks away, and it's nothing to scoff at in terms of size-- as despite technically only being the "second half" of the fifth chapter, it's still larger than most full game updates you get from many other ongoing/in development games. Once we've crossed that bridge I'll talk more about Chapter 6 and when you guys can expect that.
Love you guys!
SirD.

image 1.png

image 2.png

image 3.png

image 4.png

Last edited:

BorgiaBou

Jul 24, 2021
I was basically in recovery, spent a couple of weeks in and out of the hospital and needed a couple of extra weeks on top of that for rest. On top of the problems I've been having with my health, I had to say goodbye to someone I consider family, so things have been quite difficult.
What a pathological liar...:LUL: the guy plays final fantasy non stop and brags about it on his twitter and then comes and says this...:WaitWhat:

faramata

Mar 13, 2022
What a pathological liar...:LUL: the guy plays final fantasy non stop and brags about it on his twitter and then comes and says this...:WaitWhat:
Hey man, sometimes people die from gaming too much... /sarc

In 18 cases the gaming session before death was extremely long (around a day or even several days) with minimal rest. The cause of death was pulmonary embolism in 5 cases, cerebral hemorrhage in 2 cases, most of the rest was presumably due to fatal cardiac arrhythmia.

Discussion
Long sedentary position and dehydration may precipitate thromboembolism, acute blood pressure elevation during gaming may promote cerebral hemorrhage, and several factors (including acute and chronic sleep deprivation, exhaustion, stress) can lead to acute autonomic dysfunction and fatal arrhythmia.

• Haha
Reactions: dav121 and dolfe67

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Ok, keep suffering from "no updates", "false promises" and "lies" for the next couple of years then -- or pull the string NOW! It's like a relationship: it's always better to burn bridges and move on with your life if things are falling apart instead of staying and suffering.
If it was that easy you wouldn't see people complaining about any entertainment product online
They would just quit being invested in a story
Which like I said is easier said than done

And you may be right about relationships
But life is more complicated than that.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
BorgiaBou, Thank you for proving my point - Snark within 15 minutes of my dev log post above.

Now if I could only predict the lotto numbers as well... ;)

On to Radiant:

I actually like the renders from the latest dev log and it looks like some increased intimacy with a certain redhead from the triplets will land with the rest of CH 5.

The render of Alita makes me think dark path, but one render does not allow for much in the way of predicting trajectory of the associated scene.

I wonder what has the 4 ladies so curious/stunned... Might they be watching adult entertainment?

The first pic - of a sick Brooke, actually gives me a bit of hope. If she is too sick to do much, then there is less female competition for the MC's time and that might just lead to more triplet time, which is what I am most looking forward to.

I'm also looking forward to the rest of CH 5, and it sounds like it will be larger than we originally thought.

Is it overdue - Absolutely.

Which is better:

A. For the rest of CH 5 to arrive

or

B. For Radiant to be abandoned

I choose A!

Cheers! :coffee:

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Doesn't matter when this rest of ch 5 will be released. What matters is he epically failed in his goal/promisse of "a chapter every 5 months". Ch 4 was released when? September? This full ch.5 will come at the best in the end of this month. This is 11 months between ch. 4 - ch. 5, absolutely no improviment since the fiasco of ch. 4 dev cycle.

This game is planned to have +20 chapters by own devs words and the pace of releases is 1 chapter per year which put the possible time to finish this game in 15 years in 2038, which is 18 since this game started in 2020! Seriously, anyone really think is reasonble a visual novel take 18 years, almost two decades, to be finished? Anyone really think a dev will spend 18 years of his life developing one single VN till completation instead of just abandon it at some point?

People are such suckers for "realism" in these VNs, so maybe is time to be more realistic about how bad these devs are handling the development of their VNs

Last edited:

Bombmaster

May 8, 2022
Doesn't matter when this rest of ch 5 will be released. What matters is he epically failed in his goal/promisse of "a chapter every 5 months". Ch 4 was released when? September? This full ch.5 will come at the best in the end of this month. This is 11 months between ch. 4 - ch. 5, absolutely no improviment since the fiasco of ch. 4 dev cycle.

This game is planned to have +20 chapters by own devs words and the pace of releases is 1 chapter per year which put the possible time to finish this game in 15 years in 2038, which is 18 since this game started in 2020! Seriously, anyone really think is reasonble a visual novel take 18 years, almost two decades, to be finished? Anyone really think a dev will spend 18 years of his life development one single VN till completation instead of just abandon it at some point?

People are such suckers for "realism" in these VNs, so maybe is time to be more realistic about how bad these devs are handling the development of their VNs
Sounds to me just a person with some suckers paying for a life of vydia and pot telling their parents or spouse he is a investor or some crook story and Riding this wave. Alas maybe I'm just a cynic.

A.K.A87

Feb 3, 2021
BorgiaBou, Thank you for proving my point - Snark within 15 minutes of my dev log post above.

Now if I could only predict the lotto numbers as well... ;)
Claiming people proved your point and that you are right about people being snarky here !!!!!! HUH
You can pretend you have made a great big point about something.. newsflash.. you didn't.
All you proved is that you are still a believer of the lies they tell you.
It does not however change facts.

Look at their game making history and how they treat the/their fans in the end ! Solo and collaboration.

It's all the lies they keep telling people. It's just 2 much, They keep doing the same bullshit over and over and over again.
They are like schoolkids that say the dog ate their homework.

Ohh and being condescending to the people/members here,,,, These are your fellow members.
You really think 1 of the 2 game devs gives a shit about you.
Does anyone even need to explain all the shit they pulled 2 you ? Or have you been following what has happened.
You been here long enough to know.

If you still think they are gonna finish this, just read this little fact check: Game Planning

4.30 star(s) 272 Votes