Mod Ren'Py Radiant [v0.6.3] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
did you made the split on the Mira/Brooke thingy that seems have conflict paths?
No bud, at the last minute I pulled it. I placed Brooke's variant in SanchoGallery and you'll likely see why I pulled the split out... it's a very short/very pervy scene that I just didn't feel jived with having an MC pulling on both Mira's and Brooke's string. It's kind of a fucked up mini-scene and just doesn't hold much weight in the grand scheme of things (imo).

But I'd fear not... I've placed a new "Harem Tally" stat in the stat screens (under Player) that corresponds with the dev's list of potential "harem" LI count. So, it appears there is intent to have a "harem" type outcome although I seriously doubt it would include both Mira and Brooke simultaneously. This is just my speculation though, so take that with a grain of salt as it's just my knee-jerk personal opinion and nothing else really.

pitao

May 18, 2023
No bud, at the last minute I pulled it. I placed Brooke's variant in SanchoGallery and you'll likely see why I pulled the split out... it's a very short/very pervy scene that I just didn't feel jived with having an MC pulling on both Mira's and Brooke's string. It's kind of a fucked up mini-scene and just doesn't hold much weight in the grand scheme of things (imo).

But I'd fear not... I've placed a new "Harem Tally" stat in the stat screens (under Player) that corresponds with the dev's list of potential "harem" LI count. So, it appears there is intent to have a "harem" type outcome although I seriously doubt it would include both Mira and Brooke simultaneously. This is just my speculation though, so take that with a grain of salt as it's just my knee-jerk personal opinion and nothing else really.
Hmmm well not a problem, I will just for precaution make a 2nd alternate save and use the control key to skip whatever I already seen, probably almost everything since like you said is just a very short scene hehe Thanks for the fast reply bud

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
longjohngold, this is why this damn Ch6 variant is screwing folks up:
Python:
if tred and (cc6 or all([liv_scared >= 7, livdark, liv_horny < 6, liv_love < 10])):
    jump c6_dark_variant
Now, (for all you non-coders out there) this is to be read as:

If VN is patched and either:
1)
  • The Player chose "Deceive & Use Her" in Ch5 (awards cc6, negates cc2, and retains livdark)
OR
2)
  • Liv is scared shitless (liv_scared >= 7) AND
  • Player was awarded LivDark in Ch4 via choosing "I'm Not Interested" AND chose "Embrace Romance" instead of "Deceive & Use Her" in Ch5 (now having livdark without having cc6 but retains cc2) AND
  • Liv is marginally horny (liv_horny < 6) AND
  • Liv isn't completely head over heels for MC (liv_love < 10)
Then show the Hotel "Dark" scene variant.

So, if the Player didn't do it the easiest way (Ch5's "Deceive & Use Her", then even though one has LivDark there's many other prerequisites that must all be met.... otherwise the player gets the Love/Lust scene main variant.

No wonder you guys pointed this out as confusing to get the Ch6 scene. If not done the one "easy" way then the stars must be aligned almost perfect to get the Dark scene variant even though the Player has most certainly been awarded her Dark sub path but also dabbled in a bit of Love/Lust choices (having some "Romance").

Ugh... explaining all this is the ChoiceGuide is going to be a bit more difficult than I thought since I'll have to calculate the non-"Deceive" variables to insure I place the SanchoNotes correctly.

So, even though a Player has been awarded and on Liv's Dark sub pathing... they might not see the Hotel Dark variant... but they are still on her Dark pathing nonetheless. This is bound to confuse folks. I hope we don't get this type of issue with other LI sub pathings or this could quickly become a mess unless we only focus on the "easy" ways and disregard the rest.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hmmm well not a problem, I will just for precaution make a 2nd alternate save and use the control key to skip whatever I already seen, probably almost everything since like you said is just a very short scene hehe Thanks for the fast reply bud
Just know going in that (to date) there are no ramifications of having both Mira and Brooke paths simultaneously. Other than some dialogue changes here and there, there's the initial Ch6 scene splitting. There's no other issues, but I've done the same, one Brooke with Mira and one Brooke without Mira. I don't thin I have a save with Mira and no Brooke so I might do that just to be prepared for mod testing in the future.

Reactions: pitao

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
How do you find the time to make all the mods you do and play the games?

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
No wonder you guys pointed this out as confusing to get the Ch6 scene. If not done the one "easy" way then the stars must be aligned almost perfect to get the Dark scene variant even though the Player has most certainly been awarded her Dark sub path but also dabbled in a bit of Love/Lust choices (having some "Romance").
I mean, I didn't even know about complicated second way, I doubt anyone not looking at the code was fussed they weren't getting the scene that way, haha. My issue, as we covered, was purely that the "easy" way of picking the "Deceive & Use Her" option to get assigned the darkness relationship... you'd never actually come across playing a dark playthrough without foreknowledge because it's gated behind a pure option earlier on and rejecting her (sorta) twice.

I feel like the dev really coulda had these routes done smoother. Like that rejecting her twice thing should be a second chance of getting back on some routes if you've previously rejected her or messed stuff up, and the "Deceive & Use Her" option should always pop up at that point (or at least do so if you've got dark points with her or in general). Same as Brooke, so weird to have to deliberately not pursue her at the start if the MC wants to take advantage of her.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Okay, for the pending maintenance update I've resolved the very remote chance of getting the menu choice freeze issue (original issue post here) and working on finalizing the ChoiceGuide revamp by request of multiple users, but most notably the request posted in the VN's thread here).

For that ChoiceGuide recode I've elected to make a new subpathing guide item keeping it's color scheme the same as relevant stats (in this case darker red). This will ultimately isolate the LI main Paths and the sub path variants (if I can maintain it all). So, what was noted as purple event vars before (example LivDark) are now an individual pathing guide item. I made a few screen grabs as examples of use below for reference. I'm not 100% done with all LIs but I'm close (saving Brooke for last).

1711573318781.png 1711573375583.png 1711573391549.png 1711573405922.png 1711573423522.png
1711573953392.png 1711574020390.png 1711575531005.png 1711575559528.png 1711575758235.png

mentions: Uthuriel, longjohngold

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod Maintenance Update (Non-Critical)

Links in the mod's OP are updated accordingly.

Change log:
  • Resolved rare choice menu freeze (see post here for issue report).
  • By request recoded ChoiceGuide to further expand on paths, particularly DarkPaths. (many post references but best summarized here).
Simply download and reinstall over existing mod installation, overwriting as requested.

pitao

May 18, 2023
What? There's another one? OMG... what the fuck am I even doing here? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Yeah I used OnlyFunz mod in v5.0 (the mod was in OP with link as multi-mod if not mistaken) and wasn't that bad but then to v5.2 they took too long to update (probably the reason that mod doesn't have a link on OP now) and was when browsing the thread I noticed you had a mod for this game so I instantly put it and replayed the game with it and they should put your mod link with multi-mod instead imho. I know that even if you take long to update the mod and I wanna play the update anyway I can fix the saves with your save "fixer", one more reason i prefer your mod. I didn't tried JokerLeader mod in this game because saw too many reports of broken saves in the thread using it, Joker mods are good I know, I use some of them in other games but they aren't multi-mod and i prefer flexibility/more features when using them.

Edit: Also your mod beats OnlyFunz one imo because I can see the stats without leaving the game screen besides other minor features.

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
For that ChoiceGuide recode I've elected to make a new subpathing guide item keeping it's color scheme the same as relevant stats (in this case darker red). This will ultimately isolate the LI main Paths and the sub path variants (if I can maintain it all). So, what was noted as purple event vars before (example LivDark) are now an individual pathing guide item. I made a few screen grabs as examples of use below for reference. I'm not 100% done with all LIs but I'm close (saving Brooke for last).
Looks like exactly what was needed and should definitely help anyone playing fresh find their way to the right places, nice one.

Varimatras

Apr 29, 2017
What? There's another one? OMG... what the fuck am I even doing here? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Yeah there is...while yours get kept hidden from many OP's.

But, to answer your question:
Providing us with the best mods available, while stayin humble and based, keeping close contact with your community and the community in general, keep working your ass off, to get us quality mods for as many games as possible as quickly as possible, while also tracking and fixing bugs and get in touch with devs and so on and getting mad respect from us and everyone sane in here in return.

THAS what you're doing here.

pressFforrespect.png

Reactions: pitao

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Aww, why are my changes to font size not persisting during saves.
:/ I haven't got around to actually improving the Core in a while... you know your request in on my list bud. I just hate persistent variables (I try not to be intrusive to the systems folks install my products on) but might have to cave on this one as using standard vars just won't do what you personally seek. Bottom line: I know this is the one frustration for you personally and I do take your request serious bud.

After I get through all the posts this morning I'll draft a code block that takes the SanchoOptions settings and pushes them all to a recallable event (if I'm going to do this I want it to be groundbreaking instead of just simply using persistent vars). Reckon it's time to put pencil to paper for you on this issue.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Havik79

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
:/ I haven't got around to actually improving the Core in a while... you know your request in on my list bud. I just hate persistent variables (I try not to be intrusive to the systems folks install my products on) but might have to cave on this one as using standard vars just won't do what you personally seek. Bottom line: I know this is the one frustration for you personally and I do take your request serious bud.

After I get through all the posts this morning I'll draft a code block that takes the SanchoOptions settings and pushes them all to a recallable event (if I'm going to do this I want it to be groundbreaking instead of just simply using persistent vars). Reckon it's time to put pencil to paper for you on this issue.
Thanks mate appreciate all your work.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thanks mate appreciate all your work.
Edit: The attached SanchoMod will retain the dialogue text just like it used to last year (on a per save basis). The Core was changed last year to accommodate a few VN's I was having issue with (like Return to Sussex) where there is a massive text size difference between default VN and default SanchoMod, and upon load the RenPy versions they are built on do not respect the setting within the save file (a RenPy bug in some versions). That's not the case with this RenPy version so me reverting it back to the original mod Core code works as expected. Give this a shot (DL and and drop it in your "/game" folder) and see if this suits you. Remember that once any SanchoOption is changed that the Player MUST advance at least one screen forward in the VN then save for the settings to actually hold (it's a RenPy thing, always has been regarding static variables).

Edit2: pulled file, testing is done.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Havik79

Garybaldi

Jun 6, 2021
Hi Sancho - love your work obvs

I can't get your gallery to work, the page opens and then I get this - any suggestions?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.MatrixColor object at 0x000000000a485700>:

OSError: Couldn't find file 'images/chapter 5/trueed/c5p33.webp'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:

File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script

python hide:

File "C:\Users\PC\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute

renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)

File "C:\Users\PC\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode

exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>

python hide:

File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide

ui.interact()

File "C:\Users\PC\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact

rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)

File "C:\Users\PC\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\core.py", line 3582, in interact

repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore

File "C:\Users\PC\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\core.py", line 4175, in interact_core

self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\core.py", line 2782, in draw_screen

surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(

File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen

File "render.pyx", line 266, in renpy.display.render.render

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\layout.py", line 888, in render

surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)

File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\transition.py", line 370, in render

return render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\layout.py", line 888, in render

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\screen.py", line 731, in render

child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1338, in render

surf = render(child,

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1064, in render

surf = render(d, rw, height - y, cst, cat)

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1338, in render

surf = render(child,

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1903, in render

c_rend = render(pos_d['c'], cwidth, cheight, st, at)

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\viewport.py", line 722, in render

surf = renpy.display.render.render(c, cw, ch, st, at)

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 948, in render

rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)

surf = render(child,

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\transform.py", line 909, in render

return RenderTransform(self).render(width, height, st, at)

File "accelerator.pyx", line 979, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render

File "accelerator.pyx", line 404, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render_child

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\im.py", line 676, in render

return cache.get(self, render=True)

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\im.py", line 330, in get

surf = image.load()

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\im.py", line 1451, in load

surf = cache.get(self.image)

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\im.py", line 330, in get

surf = image.load()

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\im.py", line 803, in load

raise e

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\im.py", line 757, in load

filelike = renpy.loader.load(self.filename, directory="images")

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\loader.py", line 833, in load

raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64

Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805

Radiant 0.6.1

Thu Mar 28 14:23:09 2024

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi Sancho - love your work obvs

I can't get your gallery to work, the page opens and then I get this - any suggestions?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <renpy.display.im.MatrixColor object at 0x000000000a485700>:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:

File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script

python hide:

File "C:\Users\PC\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\ast.py", line 1138, in execute

renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)

File "C:\Users\PC\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode

exec(bytecode, globals, locals)

File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>

python hide:

File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide

ui.interact()

File "C:\Users\PC\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact

rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)

File "C:\Users\PC\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\core.py", line 3582, in interact

repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore

File "C:\Users\PC\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\core.py", line 4175, in interact_core

self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\core.py", line 2782, in draw_screen

surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(

File "render.pyx", line 492, in renpy.display.render.render_screen

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\transition.py", line 370, in render

return render(self.new_widget, width, height, st, at)

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\screen.py", line 731, in render

child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)

surf = render(child,

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1064, in render

surf = render(d, rw, height - y, cst, cat)

surf = render(child,

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1903, in render

c_rend = render(pos_d['c'], cwidth, cheight, st, at)

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\viewport.py", line 722, in render

surf = renpy.display.render.render(c, cw, ch, st, at)

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 948, in render

rv = super(Button, self).render(width, height, st, at)

surf = render(child,

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\transform.py", line 909, in render

return RenderTransform(self).render(width, height, st, at)

File "accelerator.pyx", line 979, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render

File "accelerator.pyx", line 404, in renpy.display.accelerator.RenderTransform.render_child

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\im.py", line 676, in render

return cache.get(self, render=True)

surf = image.load()

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\im.py", line 1451, in load

surf = cache.get(self.image)

surf = image.load()

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\im.py", line 803, in load

raise e

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\display\im.py", line 757, in load

filelike = renpy.loader.load(self.filename, directory="images")

File "C:\Users\pc\Downloads\Radiant-0.6.1\Radiant-0.6.1\renpy\loader.py", line 833, in load

raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64

Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805

Radiant 0.6.1

Thu Mar 28 14:23:09 2024
As noted in the OP (below image for reference). I provide scripts but I do not supply any VN image/animation assets, so you still need to DL and install the "patch" for the correct version of the VN as well.
1711648126314.png

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes