Mod Ren'Py Radiant [v0.6.3] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
Glad you're excited but you and your bigass post text are a little late to the party bud. Everyone here already knows that and the mod has already been updated for it. I also don't understand your question "with sex?". Use complete sentences like: Are you high?
He probably aint but i sure am. :p

Reactions: Ramnadu govind

EvilChef

Sep 23, 2016
Glad you're excited but you and your bigass post text are a little late to the party bud. Everyone here already knows that and the mod has already been updated for it. I also don't understand your question "with sex?". Use complete sentences like: Are you high?
By the way, do you need any help testing/stress-testing code?
Got laid off so i have far too much time on hand atm.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod - OG Choice Background

Dammed made a decision to change the menu choice graphic. I respect that but I'm giving you the choice to have the best of both worlds.

Install instructions:
Modded or not, DL the attached and copy the contents as is inside the "game" folder.
Done. You're welcome.

This will restore the menu choice background (both idle and hovered) to how it always was pre-v0.4Final. You can then adjust the opacity of the menu choice bar however you with here:
1663301074617.png
I have no idea how I didn't notice this had changed in v0.4Final until jlucci mentioned it in the VN's thread. Thank him for this via his post found here.

Reactions: Balu83 and JennaJJ

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
What's wrong with you? This message was posted 1 hour after this game was released with Taboo version and F95 still did not have taboo version
What's wrong with me?

Well bud, you're just wrong about everything you posted. Version 0.4 (non-beta) was release and available on the site Sunday. Also note that all versions are essentially "Taboo" versions. All that means is that the patch has been applied.

So the real question is: What's wrong with you?

• Haha
Reactions: EvilChef

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I started the game way back with the Joker Mod, but I wanted to try yours as well. I downloaded the Mod yesterday (9/22) and installed it with a freshly unpacked version of the game, downloaded 9/19, so everything should be latest and greatest.

Three observations:

1) Looks like the Brooke replay assumes Dark - I don't remember the forcefulness from my earlier plays - I thought the force her versus let her go at her own pace was a choice. But, hey, it's been probably two years since I played that scene originally, so may be mistaken.

2) It would be helpful if the Taboo toggle turned green when on, red when off (or something like that) since I couldn't find a visual indicator that it was on or off in the stats/cheats pages. Yes, it became obvious when I went back an started the dialogue (thought it was on, but wasn't), but if that's an "easy" thing, it might be nice. If it's a pain in the ass and not worth it thing, so be it.

3) Autosaves are not autosaving with your Mod. I looked over the features commentary, looked for toggles, but couldn't find anything that indicated whether this was a conscious decision on your part, or some kind of glitch. I've never seen them turned off in other games I've played with your mods, so I'm wondering if your own autosave feature at the end of the chapter is interacting oddly with the built in autosave. Autosaves are a feature I like since I can just go there to look at the alternate choices and decide if I want to go that route or not; without it, I guess I'd have to use a bunch of other save slots or quicksaves that might override other quicksaves I wanted to keep. Autosave was working fine with the Joker Mod, and, yes, I'm absolutely certain there is no cross contamination.

My $0.02. Keep up the good work.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I started the game way back with the Joker Mod, but I wanted to try yours as well. I downloaded the Mod yesterday (9/22) and installed it with a freshly unpacked version of the game, downloaded 9/19, so everything should be latest and greatest.

Three observations:

1) Looks like the Brooke replay assumes Dark - I don't remember the forcefulness from my earlier plays - I thought the force her versus let her go at her own pace was a choice. But, hey, it's been probably two years since I played that scene originally, so may be mistaken.

2) It would be helpful if the Taboo toggle turned green when on, red when off (or something like that) since I couldn't find a visual indicator that it was on or off in the stats/cheats pages. Yes, it became obvious when I went back an started the dialogue (thought it was on, but wasn't), but if that's an "easy" thing, it might be nice. If it's a pain in the ass and not worth it thing, so be it.

3) Autosaves are not autosaving with your Mod. I looked over the features commentary, looked for toggles, but couldn't find anything that indicated whether this was a conscious decision on your part, or some kind of glitch. I've never seen them turned off in other games I've played with your mods, so I'm wondering if your own autosave feature at the end of the chapter is interacting oddly with the built in autosave. Autosaves are a feature I like since I can just go there to look at the alternate choices and decide if I want to go that route or not; without it, I guess I'd have to use a bunch of other save slots or quicksaves that might override other quicksaves I wanted to keep. Autosave was working fine with the Joker Mod, and, yes, I'm absolutely certain there is no cross contamination.

My $0.02. Keep up the good work.
Hmmm... well some answers if I may:
  1. The Maddie replay presumes nothing... just as in-game originally. Only your choices DURING the replay adjust those attributes.
  2. The iPatch does turn green when On and red when Off. It's located in the MiniMenu and is set and saved on a per-playthrough basis (it is not persistent but it is On by default every time you start a new game).
  3. You have a fucked up RenPy reload save. Look in your save directory for a file similar to "_reload-2-LT1.save" and delete it.
Regards and thank you for the assessment, sincerely.

Edit: Here's the iPatch toggle:
1663975121719.png

Last edited:

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Hmmm... well some answers if I may:
  1. The Maddie replay presumes nothing... just as in-game originally. Only your choices DURING the replay adjust those attributes.
  2. The iPatch does turn green when On and red when Off. It's located in the MiniMenu and is set and saved on a per-playthrough basis (it is not persistent but it is On by default every time you start a new game).
  3. You have a fucked up RenPy reload save. Look in your save directory for a file similar to "_reload-2-LT1.save" and delete it.
Regards and thank you for the assessment, sincerely.

Edit: Here's the iPatch toggle:
View attachment 2061083
Brooke replay, not Maddie. ;)

It's so small on my screen maybe I didn't see the color blink to red or green. I'll look when I go back to update another path.

I'm not sure how I could fuck something up when all I've done is download, unzip, then save in your mod, but I'll check it. I don't screw with coding - that's your job. ;)

EDIT: After looking, nothing with the syntax you note was there, just the standard "auto" based syntax. So, I decided to reopen the game since I'd quit it before making my observations, and, lo and behold, the "turn it off and on again" method so common with electronics (or in this case, a program) did the trick. I'll see if it keeps working when I start another continuation to complete, but it's there for now.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Brooke replay, not Maddie. ;)

It's so small on my screen maybe I didn't see the color blink to red or green. I'll look when I go back to update another path.

I'm not sure how I could fuck something up when all I've done is download, unzip, then save in your mod, but I'll check it. I don't screw with coding - that's your job. ;)
I'll check Brooke in a bit... I'm currently knee-deep in UniOfProblems update. The fucked-up RenPy reload save file happens from time to time...not your fault and you won't lose anything by deleting it. Sometimes RenPy just borks the file and when it does it halts autosaves.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
I'll check Brooke in a bit... I'm currently knee-deep in UniOfProblems update. The fucked-up RenPy reload save file happens from time to time...not your fault and you won't lose anything by deleting it. Sometimes RenPy just borks the file and when it does it halts autosaves.
Thanks for response. I edited my original. Auto is back after going back in. I'll toggle the patch to see if I can see it when I play again later.

Assassin386

Oct 3, 2021
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not load from archive SanchoMod/SanchoMod Radiant v0.4.rpyc.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\colin\Downloads\games\Radiant-0.4-BETA-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\colin\Downloads\games\Radiant-0.4-BETA-pc\renpy\main.py", line 422, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\colin\Downloads\games\Radiant-0.4-BETA-pc\renpy\script.py", line 275, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\colin\Downloads\games\Radiant-0.4-BETA-pc\renpy\script.py", line 690, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Wed Sep 28 19:44:19 2022
??? i installed into the game folder is it cause im using the beta version of the game Radiant-0.4-BETA-pc

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\colin\Downloads\games\Radiant-0.4-BETA-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\colin\Downloads\games\Radiant-0.4-BETA-pc\renpy\main.py", line 422, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\colin\Downloads\games\Radiant-0.4-BETA-pc\renpy\script.py", line 275, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\colin\Downloads\games\Radiant-0.4-BETA-pc\renpy\script.py", line 690, in load_appropriate_file
raise Exception("Could not load from archive %s." % (lastfn,))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Wed Sep 28 19:44:19 2022
??? i installed into the game folder is it cause im using the beta version of the game Radiant-0.4-BETA-pc
Well then bud, you have several issues... the largest one is being the mod is not for Beta but rather for Final v0.4 so start there.

Reactions: Twistty

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just for shits and giggles update:

BaloneySammich Edition can be found here.

Change Log:
  • Corrected CrucialChoice chapter references
  • Added QuickLoad to the quick menu
Thanks to baloneysammich for finding my typo. Nothing is too trivial if it has merit and presented with polite courtesy, all of which was done in this case. Regards.

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Uthuriel

sudokush

Oct 25, 2022
I installed the 0.4 and removed beta i had from other website, extracted your mod and game loads works normally but have no indication your mod is even there no cheat menu nothing

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I installed the 0.4 and removed beta i had from other website, extracted your mod and game loads works normally but have no indication your mod is even there no cheat menu nothing
Good morning. There's two steps and only two steps. Start from scratch and install a fresh/new VN in a directory of your choice. Inside that new install find the "game" folder and extract all contents of the mod's zip inside that. The "Installation" instructions in the OP have the folder structure that will be the result. Test and report back.

sudokush

Oct 25, 2022
Good morning. There's two steps and only two steps. Start from scratch and install a fresh/new VN in a directory of your choice. Inside that new install find the "game" folder and extract all contents of the mod's zip inside that. The "Installation" instructions in the OP have the folder structure that will be the result. Test and report back.
Found the problem was the save files in users stopped me from getting it to work thanks for the quick reply. About the gallery is there any other options as far as what can be done with the girls path wise? or is it unlocked during a playthrough? also i finished one playthrough but i think i skipped the very end and dont have any of the progress saved, one more thing what does the age do?

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Sancho1969 and JokerLeader

Haven't played since april of 2020, with Oscar's mod.
After a severe HDD crash I had to start all over again from scratch.

Since your (Sancho) mod's not on the OP I started out with the Joker mod and to my surprise this VN jumped from ch 1 to ch 3.
From being confronted by the "angry mother" and viewing the stats from ch 1 I found myself suddenly totally lost when the screen said ch 3.

Have anyone else had this issue?

Joker's mod was DL'd just yesterday and I have yet to try the Sancho one.

Any leads?

Edit: Started from scratch again with Sancho-mod and skipped to end of ch 1 = ch 2 started all right.
Noted that Joker's mod gives away points at choices while Sancho's doesn't if it's not a "crucial" choice.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes