_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
Seems to be a lot of hate for Dammed's Jane the Virgin storyline. My wife loved that show and I saw quite a bit of it. Not too bad for a telenovela parody. Is the storyline plausible? Nah. Is it possible? Sure. Is she still a virgin? Of course. Could it develop into an interesting subplot? Yeah, it could. Am I asking and answering too many questions? Yes... sorry.

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Seems to be a lot of hate for Dammed's Jane the Virgin storyline. My wife loved that show and I saw quite a bit of it. Not too bad for a telenovela parody. Is the storyline plausible? Nah. Is it possible? Sure. Is she still a virgin? Of course. Could it develop into an interesting subplot? Yeah, it could. Am I asking and answering too many questions? Yes... sorry.
Haha. I only have one response for those people (clarification: for the one's scrutinizing the game over this):

"Imagine complaining about elements of adult fantasy...

...in a game that literally self-identifies as erotic/adult fantasy."

Radiant is a game that only takes itself seriously when it needs to/when handling more serious subject matter such as death. The rest is rather lighthearted & self-aware, and a LOT of what happens would never happen in reality. If I tied myself down to the restrictions of the real world while making an adult fantasy game I'd be pretty bad at my job (but don't tell that to all of the armchair game developers & armchair storytellers. Also, don't let it slip that they're playing a game about a guy who's romancing 3 wards, the mother of his manslaughter victim, two employees, and a girl who died).

I'm going to be real with you: there's a bit of an echo chamber going on here. People don't realize their opinions are futile/nobody gives a shit out there in the real world... and all of their moaning falls upon deaf ears. If people are constantly here to scrutinize the game despite not even liking it, I can only feel sorry for them. For clarification I'm not speaking about those offering polite or constructive criticism here.

I thank you for more Liv and the other triplets and also Liv. Take your time and make it as good as you can.
(Also Liv is BEST girl)
I plan to do just that :LOL: And yep: there's going to be more Liv. Lots and lots and lots of Liv next chapter especially.

Last edited:

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
I have a question: Brooke says she is a virgin despite giving a birth to Jane. Does that mean Jane took Brooke's virginity?
Technically.... yes... weirdly. :KEK:

This might be a fantasy game and pregnancy by artificial insemination may be rare/convenient, but Brooke's hymen is sadly not still in tact after pushing out a child. I don't expect anyone to stretch their faculties that much.

Anyway, that's my cue to check out of this thread for a while. To those of you saying nice things about the game... and to those saying not so nice things but constructively providing feedback: thanks! And feel free to join us over in the Discord/discuss things further. We (the devs) appreciate all of you.

See you next update.

Last edited:

Arthoneceron

Jul 5, 2017
Technically.... yes... weirdly. :KEK:

This might be a fantasy game and pregnancy by artificial insemination may be rare/convenient, but Brooke's hymen is sadly not still in tact after pushing out a child. I don't expect anyone to stretch their faculties that much.

Anyway, that's my cue to check out of this thread for a while. To those of you saying nice things about the game... and to those saying not so nice things but constructively providing feedback: thanks! And feel free to join us over in the Discord/discuss things further. We (the devs) appreciate all of you.

See you next update.
tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Idgaf1202 and SrRK

Tragic Princess

Dec 30, 2019
Haha. I only have one response for those people:

Radiant is a game that only takes itself seriously when it needs to/when handling more serious subject matter such as death. The rest is rather lighthearted/unserious, and a LOT of what happens would never happen in reality. If I tied myself down to the restrictions of the real world while making an adult fantasy game I'd be pretty bad at my job (but don't tell that to all of the armchair game developers & armchair storytellers. Also, don't let it slip that they're playing a game about a guy who's romancing 3 wards, the mother of his manslaughter victim, two employees, and a girl who died).

I'm going to be real with you: there's a bit of an echo chamber going on here. People don't realize their opinions are futile/nobody gives a shit out there in the real world... and all of their moaning falls upon deaf ears. If people are constantly here to scrutinize the game despite not even liking it, I can only feel sorry for them.

I plan to do just that :LOL: And yep: there's going to be more Liv. Lots and lots and lots of Liv next chapter especially.
I like this game a lot, but this was a rather distasteful comment. You're not helping yourself here at all, some Devs just can't handle criticism and it's sad because with criticism comes growth, at least that's the way it should be. People saying they're not bothered by something are usually bothered. Good luck to you the rest of the way pal.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Haha. I only have one response for those people:

Radiant is a game that only takes itself seriously when it needs to/when handling more serious subject matter such as death. The rest is rather lighthearted/unserious, and a LOT of what happens would never happen in reality. If I tied myself down to the restrictions of the real world while making an adult fantasy game I'd be pretty bad at my job (but don't tell that to all of the armchair game developers & armchair storytellers. Also, don't let it slip that they're playing a game about a guy who's romancing 3 wards, the mother of his manslaughter victim, two employees, and a girl who died).

I'm going to be real with you: there's a bit of an echo chamber going on here. People don't realize their opinions are futile/nobody gives a shit out there in the real world... and all of their moaning falls upon deaf ears. If people are constantly here to scrutinize the game despite not even liking it, I can only feel sorry for them.

Nice to know you.

First of all, could you explain this little me, what armchair developer and storyteller are? Because that seriously sounds awesome.
Second, this is, obviously, your game, so make what you want with it.
Third, as you nicely put out, nobody give a shit about us, but it is the same way for you too.
Fourth, why do had the need to "attack" us, the (armchair) developers and storytellers?

And last but not least, from your one post I can only conclude that you are insecure about yourself or are in need to proof yourself.

So, have a nice day.

Last edited:

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Personaly, What I did not like in this update is forced sexual relationships with triplets, i rejected them 3 times, and still ended up in a sexual relationship with them, sort of. Maybe it's stupid, but I'm not interested in this, I want MC to be a father and not a pervert banging his own daughters. I rejected all the girls, except Brooke, and her story in this update seemed interesting to me, and I wonder how events will develop further with her.
I mean... it's pretty obvious that the main focus of this game is the incest... Did you really come to an incest game expecting anything else? " Radiant is an 'cest harem game in the genre of romance, adult-fantasy, slice-of-life, comedy, & good old family drama. " is right on the OP.
You both have valid points, but in the end I am with Meghead. I mean, obviously the triplets brought me to this game and of course my intention was to - ehem - "teach them the ways of life". However, I really like the option in games to not do the incest stuff and still have a story, to not cheat on the wife (if she's not a total asshole) and live a happy life. It doesn't have to be a comparable story neither in depth nor in width, but having the option is nice and to me also feels more like I am in the driving seat instead of just being coerced into something - which may also be a kink thing.

Yeah i couldn't agree more, why trying to make a slut and then go for, but i hadn't sex in several years, even despite having a bf, just let her be a FWB.
Sorry to ask, but what does "FWB" stand for?

No quotes but: to me virginity isn't about the hymen being intact. I get that having that "proof" is important for kinks or similar, so in a story it may be not the wisest choice, but some girls are born without or lose it while riding a bike - they're no virgins despite never having even kissed somebody? Others have procedures to reinsert - they're virgins after having slept with 100 guys? Can you take a virginity of the same girl twice then?

Avaron made an observation about the three letter crowd here and pacifying them (which usually only works with a literal pacifier). As you can see from my signature, I am not a fan of it myself, but those complaining that the MC meets a girl which has had prior experiences are just complainers, you can probably never satisfy them. After all, she once bought groceries before she met us and the salesperson was a guy!!!!!!!!! Cheating whore!!!!!!!!! She also had a crush on the guy from down the street, how could she? Nope, IMO it isn't helping to cater to that crowd. (And personally: you profit from a partner who knows what she is doing, but that is a different beast, I get the kink, I have it too, but in real life IMO it ain't worth it)

Deckard81

Oct 23, 2017
I like this game a lot, but this was a rather distasteful comment. You're not helping yourself here at all, some Devs just can't handle criticism and it's sad because with criticism comes growth, at least that's the way it should be. People saying they're not bothered by something are usually bothered. Good luck to you the rest of the way pal.
Indeed, I only criticize when I care about the object of my criticism and want it to be better, never to annoy or hurt the dev/creator.

Reactions: SrRK

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Criticism is fine. I see it as a positive: In fact I often ask for it/actively encourage it, especially when seeking feedback for the projects/after an update. For example your comment just now: what you said is fine because it's constructive. I appreciate/encourage it. I've just also been doing this long enough to know the difference between constructive criticism and petulant scrutiny/complaining.

With that out of the way... my comments here are all in good fun/just a bit of banter related to the game and shouldn't be taken seriously. If someone sees my comment and gets upset/it offends them... they should keep in mind that non-constructive comments are the ones I was poking-fun at: not the people being polite or constructive. Polite or constructive feedback & criticism =/= armchair game development.

I'm also simply replying to the "criticism" in the most honest way possible since someone brought up. The answer to the burning debate about whether the thing with Brooke's pregnancy is realistic or not is simple: not really. It could happen, but it's obviously pretty far-fetched/silly (though far-fetched and silly things happen in the real world all the time if we're going to get into a debate about what is believable or not here).

That said the game is labeled "erotic fantasy" by genre and this is where the "fantasy" side comes into the equation: I know our players/fanbase well and I know they like & appreciate virgins/girls who haven't slept with other men... so the game goes out of its way to make that fantasy a reality. Obviously the very plot of this game is fantasy and most of the girls are "pure," so none of this should be that surprising.

I encourage anyone who has constructive feedback regarding the game to DM me, however, as I'm unlikely to see if it's just posted here. Alternatively, you could join our Discord, as I openly discuss anything surrounding the games there regularly with all members.

Last edited:

steelsmiter

Nov 28, 2018
Wow this game is getting pretty good. The characters are pretty complex from what I'm seeing. I can't quite remember if Brooke had a bad past with MC re: the prom or if I'm confusing it with a different game, but I started off kind of wishy washy and in this update, I'm really leaning into the lust. Met with "the slut" and she's deeper than I expected. I might actually make a run for each attribute see what leaning into only making those choices gets me.

• Red Heart
Reactions: tankdick and SrRK
4.30 star(s) 271 Votes