Wizard_Shiryuu

Engaged Member
Sep 6, 2019
That was posted on August 3.

Passing the 3 weeks mark tomorrow, still no sign of an update. I smell another failed deadline and another line of excuses and BS justifications for the delay coming the patron's way. If they are happy to throw him money for nothing...
Three weeks away? Double it and give it to the next person.

-Sir Dammed, probably.
Thank you for supporting the dev :D. but you a clown for this oh wait... you the whole circus
Creating? Objection, your honor - assumes something not in evidence.
Ok, too many Ace Attorney references for me :KEK:

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
Guys, if this situation pisses u off like me, report his patreon site :) Sexual stuff/sexual violence/incest. Let's see if we can wake up this dude :D
That causes more problems than you think. It'll force Patreon's hand and they'll have to investigate, which would more than likely be the death knell for the game

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Tatsuya2022

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
View attachment 2872117

A game that earns 5k a month and is vaguely updated once a year isn't the same?:WaitWhat:
The issue is that like many other games this one uses the separate patch tactic to add incest to the game. And if people report this one they might start investigating other games. It's not worth it in my opinion. If you're a supporter and you're not happy just stop giving them money. If not then just let them be, there are people that are happy giving them money who the fuck are we to tell them that they can't?

Last edited:
Reactions: berbee

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I've talked a lot of shit here about sir dammed lately but it's because I actually really like the game and I think this has the potential to be one of the top games. But the impression the devs are giving is that they don't really care that much about it.

Reactions: Joshy92 and Zero-

Zero-

Mar 22, 2023
But the impression the devs are giving is that they don't really care that much about it.
Since version 0.2 these Devs had 2 options:

a-make a good game and honestly earn every penny.

b-do as little as possible,worsen his game and shamelessly milk people.

They chose option b:KEK:

Dummies, I mean, patrons? are more concerned with an abandoned tag and being milked to notice:geek::sleep:

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
I've talked a lot of shit here about sir dammed lately but it's because I actually really like the game and I think this has the potential to be one of the top games. But the impression the devs are giving is that they don't really care that much about it.
It's likely that the hold up lies squarely on SirD's shoulders and his relentless worship of Bishounen Fantasy XVI.
Alorth has to split his time among various projects in a variety of capacities.

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
A game that earns 5k a month and is vaguely updated once a year isn't the same?:WaitWhat:
The point I was trying to get across is that if they do get reviewed by Patreon, I'm sure they'd force the devs to make changes. Changes that I don't see them bothering to do considering they can't even release an update to get the previous release out of alpha status. While the current state of this game's "development" is horrible, there's still a chance, as slim as it is, that we can get an update. If they get reviewed, then I wouldn't be surprised if they just walked away, went back to their older abandoned game(s), and never look back.

martaprzych

Sep 10, 2022
The point I was trying to get across is that if they do get reviewed by Patreon, I'm sure they'd force the devs to make changes. Changes that I don't see them bothering to do considering they can't even release an update to get the previous release out of alpha status. While the current state of this game's "development" is horrible, there's still a chance, as slim as it is, that we can get an update. If they get reviewed, then I wouldn't be surprised if they just walked away, went back to their older abandoned game(s), and never look back.
They have subscribestar too you know? Patreon is just their main income source, thats why i wrote what i wrote. I dont want them to quit the development, i want them to be forced to EARN THE FUCKING MONEY not milk it (and yes, i know that it is not their fault, but this solution is just possible, and persuading x hundreds of their patrons is not). So, if they had their main source of income suspended, they probably would be awoken and do ther job on subscribestar. As I said earlier, it is not good solution, but it is pretty realistic and easy to be done, and better than nothing.

• Angry
Reactions: botc76

JLucci

Mar 31, 2018
They have subscribestar too you know? Patreon is just their main income source, thats why i wrote what i wrote. I dont want them to quit the development, i want them to be forced to EARN THE FUCKING MONEY not milk it (and yes, i know that it is not their fault, but this solution is just possible, and persuading x hundreds of their patrons is not). So, if they had their main source of income suspended, they probably would be awoken and do ther job on subscribestar. As I said earlier, it is not good solution, but it is pretty realistic and easy to be done, and better than nothing.
Or they just continue what they're doing with just SS. It doesn't help the situation to report anyone.

Reactions: faramata

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I believe that most of those who spend time on the Radiant thread want more updates and faster than what we are getting - that should be a no brainer...

That said - threatening or acting on the threat to report Any creator to Patreon to try to damage someone's creation and force them to do what you want When you want is not just an asshole move, it is a move that invites flame wars.

I did a quick check of your recent activity and, based on that:

Would it be okay for someone who likes Radiant to report the following to Patreon, you know - out of concern for how other people are spending their money?

(Because in your world, described above, now each of us gets to decide the merit of the spending habits of everyone else and target those we disagree with.)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't know these creators and I wish them well.

Perhaps I will try their AVNs or not, but regardless of my choice, Each of these two creators deserves the chance to tell their story their way, without interference from someone trying to control how their supporters spend their money.

Radiant is a story that deserves to be told.

If it dies on the vine due to the lack of consistent development, that is out of our hands.

You/others making the deliberate choice to target the devs to Force them to do what you want, when you want, out of frustration is a choice, with consequences that go beyond Radiant -- consequences that you can't control.

If 95% of the Radiant supporters are like me, they won't target other creators the way you are threatening to target Radiant - but what about that other 5%??

What if they are just like you and they choose to act Just like you?

I think each adult gets to choose how to spend their money.

I might not care for some of the $ choices made by others, but I respect their right to decide how to spend their $ - they earned it, not me, and I have no Need to control others Or their spending habits.

If this frustrates you and others so much, why stay on this thread to continue to be frustrated?

There are literally THOUSANDS of other creations on F95 and Surely some of them are worth the time to look at and enjoy.

Cheers! :coffee:

Last edited:

martaprzych

Sep 10, 2022
I believe that most of those who spend time on the Radiant thread want more updates and faster than what we are getting - that should be a no brainer...

That said - threatening or acting on the threat to report Any creator to Patreon to try to damage someone's creation and force them to do what you want When you want is not just an asshole move, it is a move that invites flame wars.

I did a quick check of your recent activity and, based on that:

Would it be okay for someone who likes Radiant to report the following to Patreon, you know - out of concern for how other people are spending their money?

(Because in your world, described above, now each of us gets to decide the merit of the spending habits of everyone else and target those we disagree with.)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't know these creators and I wish them well.

Perhaps I will try their AVNs or not, but regardless of my choice, Each of these two creators deserves the chance to tell their story their way, without interference from someone trying to control how their supporters spend their money.

Radiant is a story that deserves to be told.

If it dies on the vine due to the lack of consistent development, that is out of our hands.

You/others making the deliberate choice to target the devs to Force them to do what you want, when you want, out of frustration is a choice, with consequences that go beyond Radiant -- consequences that you can't control.

If 95% of the Radiant supporters are like me, they won't target other creators the way you are threatening to target Radiant - but what about that other 5%??

What if they are just like you and they choose to act Just like you?

I think each adult gets to choose how to spend their money.

I might not care for some of the $ choices made by others, but I respect their right to decide how to spend their $ - they earned it, not me, and I have no Need to control others Or their spending habits.

If this frustrates you and others so much, why stay on this thread to continue to be frustrated?

There are literally THOUSANDS of other creations on F95 and Surely some of them are worth the time to look at and enjoy.

Cheers! :coffee:
I really like your answer, it is trully valid and all. I have no right to tell others how to spend their money, but i actually have. It is freedom of speech and action. I dont care what others think, or do. If because of such actions, like from my idea, games will die, then so be it. Market hates void and people will handle it. I just want dev to be punished somehow. That maybe wakes him up (and maybe not). I dont care if this game, or his supporters, will get bit on the way (of course I'd prefer them not to, but...it is what it is). :) Also, u mentioned that there are many other authors...there are not for me. I have pretty specific taste in games like this, so it is in my best interest, to prevent other devs (especially from such genre) to milk people too.
joker+money.jpg

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes