ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
SanchoNote

Purists will want to replay Ep5, Rachel's scene if desired. Specifically the choice "Let Her Take Care of You" which now awards the Player Lust(+1) where it didn't previously (if you prefer that choice).
Retroactive changes by Devs are a huge nuisance. It's one thing to fix errors or correct oversights in a current release (which seems to have happened here between 6.2/6.3 - this is why I'm always hesitant to download immediately), but to make changes to prior releases that could impact future scene/dialogue triggers is simply foolish and asinine. Then again, I don't think anyone has ever accused Dammed of being particularly thoughtful or considerate.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote

Purists will want to replay Ep5, Rachel's scene if desired. Specifically the choice "Let Her Take Care of You" which now awards the Player Lust(+1) where it didn't previously (if you prefer that choice).
Also note:
The tweaks to Ch6 are mostly in the Hotel scene. It's not a bit easier to be awarded the "Dark" scene variant with Liv only having to be somewhat scared shitless at LivScared(6+) compared to the previous LivScared(7+). The "Dark" scene variant now has a bit of different mid to ending dialogue compared to previous which shared much of it with the Relp variant.

That's mostly it in a nutshell. The other bits in the changelog are welcomed but nothing so dramatic that requires a fresh rerun if you don't wish to do so. One "purple flash" critical choice effect was added (just the visual effect, the choice awards and ramifications have not changed), and in SanchoMod I'm keeping the "pink flash" critical choice effect that precedes that even though the dev team didn't elect to do so in this update.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Also note:
The tweaks to Ch6 are mostly in the Hotel scene. It's not a bit easier to be awarded the "Dark" scene variant with Liv only having to be somewhat scared shitless at LivScared(6+) compared to the previous LivScared(7+). The "Dark" scene variant now has a bit of different mid to ending dialogue compared to previous which shared much of it with the Relp variant.

That's mostly it in a nutshell. The other bits in the changelog are welcomed but nothing so dramatic that requires a fresh rerun if you don't wish to do so.
No brutality on my routes, so this isn't an issue for me. Though, if that shotgun thing I'd suggested were a real option, I might do it - shotgunning an tiny-brained abusive fuckwad is always good fun. :devilish:

kjj308

Nov 2, 2022
I'm glad we're finally getting some action with Mira, but holy hell everytime that "Alita" character is on screen I just cringe, like she is made to look like she's 11 and now in this update it even shows here sucking her thumb while sleeping, like, should I be calling the FBI? lol. I just hope no lewd scenes of hers are force on us, so I can just steer her away anytime it gives me the option, haven't finished this update yet...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Something wicked this way comes....

SanchoMod proudly presents:
Radiant Multi-Mod - Not Abandoned Edition (v0.6.3 update)
Radiant_SM_Cover.jpg
Go get you some.
( Simply click on the banner image above )

1711922512665.png 1711922536705.png 1711922564546.png

The mod so badass that it apparently can no longer be listed in the VN's OP (yet again).
Just look at all these features (go ahead, click on 'em):

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NOTE: If you don't want to play modded but still hate the VN's mouse cursor, then see Sancho's Mouse Cursor corrector found here. It's non-destructive, non-permanent, and non-fuckery.

Please enjoy. Mod core is updated to the latest v7b with even more features. I hope you find at least one feature beneficial to your experience. Remember absolutely everything can be toggled on/off as desired and on the fly. Complete information and exhaustive previews can be found on the mod's thread (simply click the banner above). Regards and be well.

- Sancho

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Can't help but wonder what impact merging with patreon will have on some of these games.
Really bud? ... I mean... really? :ROFLMAO: :p :poop:

I've got tinfoil hats on sale... how many you needin'? Got plenty right here in my new executive paytreonn office for ya. Cash only, no credit cards accepted. Shipping and handling fees are extra.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
okay I'll bite, it's not the first time this is happening, but WHY?
I think if you were to inspect most VNs with walkthrough types of mods, you'll find only one per VN linked on the OP - at least among those currently in development or finished within the last couple of years. I'd also suspect that when the change was made to link only one of each type (walkthrough or all-in-one, music, gallery, etc.) the link that stayed was the first mod attached to the VN - so if someone else did the first mod, they get the OP and if Sancho did the first mod, he gets the OP.

The things I look for in a WT style mod are: pathing notes (style of path, whether a decision gains points, closes off a potential LI path, etc.); hints or notifications for hidden object triggers or collectibles/achievements; ability to change dialogue box easily; gallery unlocker to use if I get to the end of multiple runs and still haven't unlocked a particular scene.

Stat screens are nice, but not essential to me, and the ability to cheat stats is something I have almost never used. I know how to change things like fonts and sizing in the scripts or gui files, so while those are nice, they aren't essential to me and I've rarely used them in any event. If the version on the OP gives me the things I want, I'll usually grab it; if it doesn't, I'll look for Sancho (and then I'll bitch about having to remember to use the Shift key if I want to take screenshots;):devilish:).

I may be mistaken about why Sancho won't appear in all the places he once maybe did (maybe he did piss off the wrong person:LOL:), but other changes to clean up the OP (no links for compressed, for example) seem to have been taken to reduce the amount of maintenance and the workload on those that have to update the OP links. With thousands of VNs, I imagine that can get fairly cumbersome for the staff, admins and mods here.

And, as you noted while I was writing this, it's easy enough to link to the Modder pages for your favorite versions of mods for different VNs.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I think if you were to inspect most VNs with walkthrough types of mods, you'll find only one per VN linked on the OP - at least among those currently in development or finished within the last couple of years.
Oh boy... can I show you hundreds that have multiple... even some that I was the only one on for a while (which made me first by default). Just sayin'.

Reactions: Elduriel

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020

I've got tinfoil hats on sale... how many you needin'? Got plenty right here in my new executive paytreonn office for ya. Cash only, no credit cards accepted.
Yeah... How long until Patreon establishes a review process for patches and mods.

When does F96 Zone get started up?

In case Patreon starts wiping out your mods/disabling DMs to you etc. - Thanks for all the extra work you put into your mods, improving Many AVNs!!

I hope it does not happen, but I have 0 trust for/in Patreon.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Yeah... How long until Patreon establishes a review process for patches and mods.

When does F96 Zone get started up?

In case Patreon starts wiping out your mods/disabling DMs to you etc. - Thanks for all the extra work you put into your mods, improving Many AVNs!!

I hope it does not happen, but I have 0 trust for/in Patreon.

Cheers!! :coffee:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Bud... they got you real good, didn't they?

BTW, you should call my 800 number on these here hats.... they be real nice lookin' out in public. 100% non-cash back guaranteed to attract the ladies even. :p

fishbrain

Engaged Member
Apr 9, 2018

I've got tinfoil hats on sale... how many you needin'? Got plenty right here in my new executive paytreonn office for ya. Cash only, no credit cards accepted. Shipping and handling fees are extra.
I don't have much trust left in me. You don't think Patreon acquiring f95 will change anything? Hope you're right but like I said no trust left to give.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don't have much trust left in me. You don't think Patreon acquiring f95 will change anything? Hope you're right but like I said no trust left to give.
Got some extra hats for you too Bubba. Come on down to SanchoTinFoilHatExtravaganza. Open 24/7 including holidays. I'll hook y'all up real nice like. :ROFLMAO:

Happy April Fools.... bud. :p

4.30 star(s) 271 Votes